Is Voguing Considered A Part Of Gay Culture?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by la_mort_pour_vous, Jul 27, 2018.

1. la_mort_pour_vous

Currency:
    Jobless
    I've always loved it when Kpop artists incorporate Vogue moves in their Choreographies. The hand movements are elegant, pretty, & powerful with an edge of sass to them. I love how they seem impossible to emulate due to the illusory quality to them. However, whenever there is a heavy usage of the dance form in the choreographies, the top comments are usually something like, "YASS! GIVE THE GAYS ALL THEY WANT!!!!". Also, it has come to my attention, that it is predominant in certain Kpop GGs only. The style isn't overtly feminine, but I don't see any BGs or male idols(except Taemin) making use of it. Why is it like that?
    End Note: Chungha can waack.

2. realangel

realangel Celebrity

Currency:
    Gassing my faves tf UP
    Vogueing was invented by the gay black community sometime during the 1980's or 70's
    There's alot of meaningful history behind it but i'll sum it up with the queers were tired of being treated like they were beneath the rest of society and originated the dance as an expression of just how flashy and eleganzá they truly were, kind of like saying "I know my own worth" kinda thing
    So yeah it is

I love when wacking is incorpoated in the choreo's, its good for really hitting those beats and adds some aerodynamics wOW

Draft saved Draft deleted