Is there something going on between Sana and Chanyeol?

Discussion in 'Celebrity Zone' started by Shiba_Sana, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Shiba_Sana

Shiba_Sana Newbie

Currency:
    [​IMG]

I'm a fan of TWICE (particularly Sana) and just a casual listener of EXO. I don't really follow Chanyeol that much, I just know that he's a very sweet guy in general & quite vocal about his fondness towards TWICE haha.

But it was a few months ago when I noticed something... fishy??? between him and Sana. I know this sounds ridiculous, but hear me out on this one. I did a little research and found out that Weibo users and J-netizens have been speculating them dating for a long time??? Rumors about them are popular in Weibo & Japanese Twitter, even a Chanyeol sasaeng once claimed that both of them had gone on a date before. I don't really buy all these rumors coming from Weibo & a supposed sasaeng, so I'm a bit confused here...

For y'all who's curious, here I compiled some of their fishy moments and the so-called "coincidences" that made me wonder, am I reaching or something really IS happening between them?

I'm gonna write the receipts in chronological order. Disclaimer, this is gonna be a long list and picture/video heavy. If you don't like the idea of them possibly *being a thing*, pls just scroll thru this thread.

1. Master Key (Nov 2017)

The two first officially met at one of the episodes of Master Key, but both of them are put into separate teams. The only close interaction between them is when Chanyeol hyping along to Sana's freestyle dance.

2. KBS Gayo Daejukchae 2017:

The two became MC alongside Irene and Jin. Nothing special really, but they probably got to know each other during this period (while rehearsing and stuff).

3 Chanyeol Osakan dialect (180729):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During his ment in SMTOWN concert in Kyocera Dome, Chanyeol spoke fluent Japanese with Osakan dialect (Osaka is Sana's hometown). Previously, Mina, Jihyo & Jeongyeon has admitted that Sana taught them a lot of Osakan dialects, with the exact dialect that Chanyeol spoke being taught to Jihyo (by Sana) on her V-LIVE.

4. Arrival from Japan (180925):

Both Chanyeol and Sana returned back from Japan after Chuseok holiday. They arrived in Korea on the same day, but at different times with different flights.o_O

5. EXO & TWICE Music Bank backstage interview (181126)

The two strangely looked smitten next to each other, being all giggly and stuff for no reason. Sana even laughed along with him at 1:31. And, when was the last time we saw Chanyeol, a whole ass giant of the group, stand right in the front row during an interview? Not to mention Sana didn't talk AT ALL during this whole segment, there's actually no reason for her to stand in the front.

6. Valentine's day IG post (190214):

This is where it gets weird. On the late-night of Feb 14th, Chanyeol and Sana both posted a selfie on IG along with the same captions ("Happy late valentine/even though it's late, happy valentine"), with only 1 - 2 hours apart.

7. Newest ideal type (190221):

Chanyeol mentioned his ideal type on W Korea (2:05): Someone who's cute, communicates well, and has the same laughter code as him.:rolleyes:

8. Bumped into ITZY (190331):

This was a bit sad (bc Chanyeol unfortunately got mobbed by the press). Chanyeol and Kyungsoo returned to Korea together after a trip to Japan (some Japanese fans spotted them in Tokyo days before). They eventually bumped into ITZY at the airport (or were they on the same flight all along? idk), and Chanyeol looked especially surprised at all the media present at the airport.That particular day was a day after TWICE's first Tokyo Dome concert, and ITZY literally went to Japan to publicly supported TWICE at their concert (hence the media already knew about their visit & possible arrival time).

10. And other coincidence that are a bit reaching but also hard to explain:
    • Chanyeol recently dyed his hair to pink (and made him twinning with Sana) while EXO & TWICE has reportedly gone to the same salon (Bit & Boot Salon). EXO's hairstylist (@bit.boot_naejoo) follows TWICE (@twicetagram) and the girls' hairstylist (@bit.boot_jungyo) on IG.

So what are yall thoughts on these? Then again it was nothing serious and just a fun guessing game for another K-POP ship, so just take these with a grain of salt! Or if any of you have more tea about them, pls do share it here ;)

#1 Shiba_Sana, Nov 8, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  2. Eziio

Eziio ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ
    . Tech Team

Currency:
    I mean Chanyeol is just a hype boy in general but this would be cute ^

3. divakimkey

divakimkey Married to @Sassy_Me

Currency:
    I mean we never know and I would be happy for Sana if she really had a relationship but none of these are proofs if you ask me. I could prove Seungri and Shindong dating if I tried this hard

4. Sassy_Me

Sassy_Me Married to @divakimkey

Currency:
    Multi trash
    Wow you really took your time with this lol.
    I dunno they could be dating or not since the 'evidence' you gathered is common amongst shippers they can make any coincidence seem fishy enough, but we'd never find out unless media exposes them. They'd make a really hot couple tho

5. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    There was a Chinese girl around here who made a long-ass thread about rumours and she claimed the same thing, that Chanyeol and Sana went on a date some time ago.

There were lots of rumours in that thread but unfortunately, only those who've read it at that time know things she said in there.

Edit: If someone asks about that thread, the girl deleted it after it got around 20+ pages.

#5 didi2802, Nov 8, 2019
  6. noisybi

noisybi Newbie

Currency:
    chinese sasaengs/weibo also claimed she was dating kang daniel and we know how it turned out lol
    and wasn't he rumored with rosè? or was someone else?
    oh i almost forgot: he has a studio in japan, just fyi

7. Shiba_Sana

Shiba_Sana Newbie

Currency:
    LMAOO LEAVE SHINDONG ALONEEE. yeah majority of them are very reaching and I collected them from many sources,,, It was fun guessing tho hahahaa

8. divakimkey

Currency:
    Lmao yes, they would make a hot af couple but I don't think there's anything going on tbh. Btw I love your sig *-*

bleubalrosie likes this.
  9. Shiba_Sana

Shiba_Sana Newbie

Currency:
    Yes he was rumored with Rose and I noticed the Chanrose pairing is quite popular among International fans.. he was also rumored to have a Japanese girlfriend (prob a commoner) bcs of his often visits to Japan, but really no one knows

#9 Shiba_Sana, Nov 8, 2019
    IJustLoveLay likes this.
  10. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    Honestly, I hold to the belief that many idols date between themselves without leading to serious relationships. Some of these possible dates are heavily rumoured (like Rose and Sana) or some are probably going unnoticed.

As far as the rumours about male idols having common girlfriends, I don't know how true it is but I'm sure they probably have contacts in different countries, girls they usually meet up with, have casual encounters or just friends that they visit frequently. They're not held in cages, especially if we talk about idols like Chanyeol, who's having money and popularity + a long career behind.

#10 didi2802, Nov 8, 2019
  11. Frolicz

Frolicz Public Figure

Currency:
    I heard this aswell. I think they probably met up a few times for dates but it didnt work out?

Shiba_Sana likes this.
  12. Redan

Redan Celebrity

Currency:
    Lazy student
    No. Idol relationships are always a surprise for everyone and completely unpredictable.

13. GrapeGrope

GrapeGrope ♕Armyonce Queen♕

Currency:
    Of all EXO members...:cryingk: WELL at least it ain’t [redacted]! :cool:

didi2802 likes this.
  14. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    Would you stan Kyungsoo and Sana together? :p

GrapeGrope likes this.
  15. whateverwonwoo

Currency:
    if they were then chanyeol wouldn't make it so obvious, he knows k-exols will go straight for his vital organs, the poor boy can't do anything without them making his life hell or boycotting him lmao

but they would be a pretty couple

16. LuluM

LuluM Newbie

Currency:
    Do it! I'm tryna to see something

17. divakimkey

Currency:
    Anticipate

18. Sassy_Me

Sassy_Me Married to @divakimkey

Currency:
    Multi trash
    My bby loves a good challenge <3

neniroo and divakimkey like this.
  19. divakimkey

Currency:
    I'm finna prove it to the world ;D Tho it may be kinda unethical for Shindong. He deserves better

IJustLoveLay and Sassy_Me like this.
  20. GrapeGrope

GrapeGrope ♕Armyonce Queen♕

Currency:
    Nah, he’s mine! :mad: I wouldn’t mind seeing her with Suho though. :nervousk:

kpoop-trashest and didi2802 like this.