Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Is Pristin on the After School’s ride ?!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by RealisticQueen, Oct 11, 2018.

1. RealisticQueen

RealisticQueen Trainee

like what happens to them ?? I know Kylkyung is in China promoting her single but we have no news of the other members plus their official Instagram is on hiatus since July!

They could at least promote themselves on YouTube on IG like SVT but no....

Also I’m def thinking that Pledis is behind this, since Pristin ot5 and last ot10 album kinda flopped :/

MirajaneAlpha22, makotogami and Milk like this.
  2. Abeamus

Abeamus Married to @Couponski

Buddy Gang
    Well lets look at the similarities, Orange Caramel promoted after After Schools last comeback, Pristin V promoted after Pristins last comeback, so i'd say yes.

jasque likes this.
  3. jigsawpuzzle48

jigsawpuzzle48 Trainee

Pledis is horrible at utilizing and promoting their talents, especially girl groups. I hope for Pristin's sake they won't end up like After School.

JakeyWantsCakey likes this.
  4. feepit608

feepit608 Public Figure

Pledis should give Pristin a camera and record themselves daily (kind of like LOONATV except not preparing for promotions). Maybe suck up to SM and be a part of Station 0 so they can get some more avenues to be seen.

5. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Trendsetter

isnt v live free?
    just do it every day.

6. feepit608

feepit608 Public Figure

IDK I don't watch V Live.

7. BritishSone

BritishSone Memorable

Seulgi & Taeyeon fanboy
    To all Pristin fans. Welcome to the club of not knowing whether your biases will ever make another comeback. Signed - All Playboyz & Playgirlz.

8. centen

centen Notable

Just wondering, but how much damage (if any) did the whole Kyla's brother shit do to their image in Korea?

It's weird that they've been lying low for so long, but I'd understand the emphasis more on the more popular members if they're trying to go "Yeah, that's a hot mess, but look! You like these five!"

9. JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey Public Figure

Exactly. That's what the Nu'est members used to do when Pledis wasn't promoting them, they even carried on doing broadcasts when there were zero viewers!

10. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Trendsetter

Heck they write, compose and do choro just start dropping music clips.
    The dance practices/covers are fun its gotta be a better use of 30 min a day than what ever they are doing.

11. JakeyWantsCakey

JakeyWantsCakey Public Figure

I'm starting to wonder whether most of them have low key left the group or at least moved out of the dorms, apparently Kyla's friends have hinted that she wants to go back to Korea but Pledis won't let her. Maybe they've moved some of the girls out of the dorms since they aren't making any money out of them, paying their rent is just throwing money away at this point when you're not earning anything from them at all.

I don't know what Pledis is doing to be honest, I have a feeling that some of the members have left though or at least they aren't around because like I was saying before, there's no reason they can't be doing social media posts. I've mentioned this before but it wouldn't surprise me if Pledis disbanded Pristin and just rebooted After School with Nana, Raina, Gaeun and Yunjin from Produce 48 plus the popular Pristin girls. It'd explain why they're just allowing Pristin's brand name to die if they're not planning on doing anything to save it.

makotogami and Rand_Al_Thor like this.
  12. Rand_Al_Thor

Rand_Al_Thor Trendsetter

Maybe Gaeun and Yunjin should escape and take Miru's offer and be part of NMB.
    Why any kid would sign with Pledis still confuses me. After school was a hint. Pristin has been wasted. Gaeun on pd48 Highlighted they have no real idea how to long term run a girl group especially.
    I would not surprise me if Khai was behind all of AS success.

13. Spinereader

Spinereader Trendsetter

I don't know if I've ever seen a semi famous company do such a half-assed attempt at a group. Two comebacks, and semi long hiatus,and suddenly a subgroup. Might as well just come out and tell the members they aren't worth bothering with.

14. makotogami

makotogami Trainee

pristin deserved better tbh they had potential

15. pinklove26

pinklove26 Trainee

I feel so bad for them, you don't need to be a fan of the group to see they have a big potential.

Pledia must learn that not all groups can hit big quickly, they must be more patience, they can't continue to throwing out every group that have one or two comebacks below their expectation.

It's a shame because Pledis could be so big but they keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

pricklycactus and QueenBlackJack like this.
  16. QueenBlackJack

BIGBANG and 2NE1's Personal Assistant
    I liked them but they just up and disappeared.

17. Icaro_Ribeiro

Icaro_Ribeiro Newbie

Web Developer
    Pristin are flops and Pledis don't care for them. They tend to be very strict, if you don't became successful you have no comebacks. Look at Nuest, if Produce 101's wouldn't happened they would have already disbanded