Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Is MIXNINE worth the watch?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Daikaigan, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Daikaigan

Daikaigan Trainee

I've watched Sixteen, PD101 S1 & S2, Idol School, and I'm currently watching PD48. Since Mixnine failed to debut their final group, I'm wondering if I should watch it just for the competition, comedy(?), and trainees. I'm planning to watch it with the hopes of getting to know the trainees(particularly the JYP trainees[who joined] who are confirmed to debut this year), however I'd like some opinions on the show.

2. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Public Figure

Yes, they are some really great talents on there and some neat original songs too
    If you get bored, you can always stop!

3. hwa_sa

hwa_sa Trainee

no, what's the point? It's like watching a movie without a proper ending.

4. selectivelysocia

yes. there were some amazing performances there. i also saw a lot of talented individuals in the show :)

89TIFF likes this.
  5. ambersky11

ambersky11 Newbie

I recommend not watching Mixnine and watch The Unit instead, a really enjoyable show that actually debuted two of the final teams. The Unit is a show that contains 126 contestants, half male half female, who compete to make it into the top nine of either the female debuting group or male debuting group.

I recommend you to watch The Unit, because it's my favourite out of all survival shows. The show isn't really biased, plus you get to hear a lot of real, relatable stories as you watch it. It's really touching and I have cried multiple times listening to the stories of idols who never got the chance to shine. You will also get introduced to many underrated groups, The Unit made me fall in love with A.C.E, Matilda, Khan and more. Sine UNB and UNI.T are currently active, maybe you would find it fun to keep up with them.

Songs I recommend from the winning groups:
    UNB: Feeling, Only One, Black heart
    UNI.T: No More

But yeah it's always your choice, so why not watch the first few episodes (skip the auditions, those are boring) and give it a shot? The Unit was much more interesting when the auditions stopped and the performances came on.

edit: produce 101 china (female edition) is also pretty good, but sadly my faves both were outcasted in the final vote and they both didn't make it. i won't spoil it but i can always tell you if you ever watch it. my faves are wang ju and gao qiu zi.

#5 ambersky11, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    89TIFF, LYP and MirajaneAlpha22 like this.
  6. Ling

Ling The other 91%
    Awards Team

I personally didnt really like Mixnine because of the editing, but opinions differ.
    If you liked the Produce series, you should try out Idol Producer & Produce 101 China~^^

89TIFF and MOEBIUS like this.
  7. Ughhhh

Ughhhh Rookie

Now?
    No. It's too late and we already know that fucking YG fucked up and the debut group isn't going to debut.

8. Riki_Lee

Riki_Lee Rookie

girl group trash
    I've watched all episodes in mixnine. But it hurts me too see none of them debut

9. Man_Dao

Man_Dao Trainee

3D Artist
    I watched it only because of Shin Ryujin, nothing else

10. SaviorTwice

SaviorTwice Married to : @luvTWICE5H

Momo's wife
    No Mixnine is boring af