Is Kpop more shallow than Apop?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ipokenano, Apr 4, 2016.

1. vaalentinne

vaalentinne Public Figure

Currency:
    I was actually talking more about this
    "sex sells and has very little to do with the quality of the music". Not really of who writtes the songs and who doesn't

2. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    @Presh I do agree with that. Well all of that. It seems like lyrics sadly aren't what makes kpop song popular, lot of great songs lyrically aren't that popular. In Apop it seems like lyrics are at least appreciated a bit more although lot of stuff is still shallow.

I tend to dislike love songs unless they have really great lyrics. Too often it's all repeating same words "babe", "i love you" etc. and it's boring- especially for someone who doesn't like romance in general. There is some love songs I like.. but at the moment I can only think of non-Apop and kpop songs for that. I mean 2NE1 has great songs about love, but they are usually anti-love- about leaving bad boyfriends and so on ^^;

Ailee's I'll show you just reminds me of telenovela I saw when I was teenager. Main character was chubby shy girl who was constantly bullied. She went away for while and was transformed into thin and sexy woman and everybody was at her feet. I guess such transformation is what some people wish for themselves.. but I agree that it isn't empowerement at all. It's saying that you aren't good enough being yourself so you have to change ^^;

Presh likes this.
  3. thebluecapric0rn

Currency:
    *idol Kpop. Not everything about Kpop is about groups with young people who sing and dance or young goodlooking soloists.

#23 thebluecapric0rn, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted