Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Is CL the reason why 2NE1 disbanded?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by cozychaelin, Nov 23, 2017.

?

Is CL the reason why 2NE1 disbanded?

1. No

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

No she‘s not.

There are many articles out now about her appearance on Double Life and how she talked about 2NE1‘s disbandment.
    While K-Netz are quite nice to her I-Netz are getting ugly in the allkpop-comment-section.

Imagine living in 2017 and still thinking CL choose her US career over her homegirls of 2NE1. I can‘t relate.
    She brought the girlies back to MAMA stage in 2015 and gave Bom a chance to appear in public again. Also she went back to Korea to record that 2NE1 summer album which was cancelled by RatG.
    In the end she even gave her own song to the group as a last goodbye.

Y‘all snakes for discrediting the effort she put in the group.

2. ethnicandroid

ethnicandroid Artist

3. babysakura

babysakura Artist

Of course not. People will just try and find any reason to hate on her smh. CL's done so much for 2NE1 and she truly cares about the group and her members <3

4. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Legend

It's the AKP comment section, I'd be more surprised if they were writing nice comments about her

5. Super_Junior_15x

People see things differently, you can argue as much as you would like to, but do you seriosuly think that people would change their mind? They already know all this, but there is many more factors to be considered than those you have mentioned - and based on that people see things differently.
    Some focus on the good only, and some focus on the bad only - you cannot tell people what to think, you can try and convince then, but they are stil entitled to their opinion without being called snakes.
    I personally don't give her the fault, she was a part of 2NE1 and wouldn't just through that away - but yeah... we cannot change everybody, because they might see it in another way

6. KRZO

KRZO Entertainer

I mean I don't think it was intentional or even direct but when you have one member splitting her time up running around the world trying to work on a U.S. project that's going to undeniably put 2NE1 stuff on hold and put a certain type of strain on the group.

and being that Kpop group activities and comebacks are more dependent on the company, CL's split schedule could've affected YG's planning of 2NE1 activities.

This could've also lead to a frustrating situation for Minzy which was what the rumors were. Which could've definitely pushed her to leave which was one of the final nails in the coffin for 2NE1. Weren't there rumors of Minzy's mom being upset with CL ?

A.Fishbowl likes this.
  7. Sweet_Cupcakke

Sweet_Cupcakke Trainee

YG is the reason

Darkwah99, _CLeO and cozychaelin like this.
  8. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Artist

She isn't the only reason. There was also Bom's scandal, Minzy's departure, and YG abandoning them for the new young pretty version of 2NE1. CL isn't 100% innocent though. It is impossible to be a leader of a Kpop group and promote solo in another country. She knew this and chose the solo route. Plus it's been almost four years and she barely has any music.

callycat97, fxcx09 and 1Blink like this.
  9. crackquake

crackquake Artist

YG's shitty management Is the reason.

_CLeO and cozychaelin like this.
  10. SalimatouBalde

Its yg fault
    He is a nasty pedophile snakeu

11. LAYNICORNINFIRES

:yesr::yesr::yesr:
    all those damn snakes hating on our girl when it's not her fault

12. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Artist

YG bad management is the reason not CL .

13. babysakura

babysakura Artist

Tbh if it wasn't for YG's poor management Bom could've made a successful comeback, both as a solo and with the group. YG just simply wasn't bothered to explain the situation fully to the public, leading to lots of misunderstandings.

cozychaelin likes this.
  14. _CLeO

_CLeO Star

He's so quick to defend his male artists but when it comes to his female ones, poor Bom had to suffer through all that hate and she still gets unnecessary hate to this day smh.

15. emobic

emobic Star

Yes, No, Maybe So

But tbh some of these comments are just like woah. You guys are acting like YG didn't care or give a shit about 2ne1 when its quite the opposite.

Anywho from what i've heard their were several factors of 2ne1 disbandment. Minzy leaving, CL's US debut, Park Bom's mental health, Dara branching out into acting etc etc.

LivCS likes this.
  16. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

She announced her American solo in 2013 but still promoted for 2NE1 another 2 years, till Bom‘s scandal. Which also isn‘t Bom‘s fault but that was the point when YG didn‘t care anymore about them.
    She started her solo activities during the hiatus and came straight back to Korea to record that mysterious 2NE1 summer album. She was always there for the girls when it was needed.
    She could‘ve done nothing for 2 years but instead she chose to fight for her dream.

Darkwah99 likes this.
  17. A.Fishbowl

A.Fishbowl Artist

Yes, CL leaving her group to go solo is one reason for 2NE1 to disband. The only reason? No, but one of them.

18. A_C_E_C_E

A_C_E_C_E Rookie

I'd say she was a factor in them disbanding , but it is mostly because of yg's shitty management, like boi you cant always rely on big bang.

SHINeeSLAYhaterS and _CLeO like this.
  19. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

I know what y‘all trying to say with CL leaving her group for America but she just „promoted“ there in 2015 and half through 2016 until they recorded the hidden album. She came instantly back to Korea when YG decided to continue 2NE1. What‘s wrong with promoting solo when your group is on hiatus? Other groups do that too, just not in the US.

Tsuntsuncat, Darkwah99 and emobic like this.
  20. emobic

emobic Star

lmao, i never said this is my opinion. I said this is what i heard.

cozychaelin likes this.