is bts kpop?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kimhyunjoong334, Dec 22, 2017.

?

are you a kpop fan if you only like bts?

1. yes, they are a kpop group so they are kpop which mean you like kpop

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  2. no, they are just a band within the kpop genre liking just them doesnt make you a fan of kpop

7 vote(s)
    38.9%
  1. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    i feel like you dont like kpop you just like bts. i feel kpop is a genre so if you are a fan of a genre you wouldnt care for/like just 1 group...

#1 kimhyunjoong334, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  2. Juanlag

Juanlag Leader

Currency:
    Of course lol

kimhyunjoong334 likes this.
  3. _CLeO

_CLeO
    . Awards Team

Currency:
    Well yes

4. BaramHananim11

BaramHananim11 Super Rookie

Currency:
  5. Eziio

Eziio ᴠɪɪɴɪ
    Tech Team Events Team .

Currency:
    If you only like one group out of the entire kpop genre then yes,you're not a k-pop stan.
    if you like multiple groups then yes,you're a kpop stan.

For example,I stan Exo and like multiple groups so I would consider myself a k-pop stan.
    however if I stanned exo and didn't like other groups then no I wouldn't consider myself one

6. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    my thoughts exactly.

soshilovelife and Eziio like this.
  7. soshilovelife

Currency:
    I thought you were asking whether BTS's music fits Kpop as a genre, which it does.

But as to the other question, no. You dont call yourself a rap fan if you only like Eminem and you dont call yourself a rock fan if you only like Linkin Park, for example. Liking only one group out of an entire genre doesn't make you a fan of it by relation.

So no, people may like BTS because is the first Kpop group they've heard or because their music sounds closest to home. But from BTS to Kpop the lenght is like going from the Earth to the moon and circling it two times.

But that's my opinion. Some people will say liking one group per genre is enough but no sorry it's not.

Ineul_Ze, kimhyunjoong334 and Eziio like this.
  8. freysan

freysan Public Figure

Currency:
    depends on the person.. if they say they are a k-pop fan despite only liking to BTS, who are we to deny them? if they say they don't like k-pop and only listens to BTS, then it's the same.. how they label themselves should not be our business.. it's just k-pop, it's not a nationality or an identity of some sort.. there's no membership here.. :dancer:

I have a friend who claims he's a k-pop fan despite only listening to SNSD while I have another friend who listens to EXO, Twice, Big Bang and still says she's not a k-pop fan.. we're all good, it's not a big deal to us..

#8 freysan, Dec 22, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  9. Oh_Kill_Em

Oh_Kill_Em Icon

Currency:
    Basset hound cult leader
    I feel like it's up to that individual to determine whether or not they want to be identified as a kpop fan or just a person who is a fan of a kpop group

For me personally, just because I like one artist of a certain music genre that doesn't mean I like the whole music genre itself.
    But that's how I look at myself. If someone else who only likes one artist what's to say that they like the genre then that's fine too.

Cutie888 and kimhyunjoong334 like this.
  10. Cutie888

Cutie888 Married to :@ilovetzuyoda

Currency:
    If you only liked BTS then you’re a BTS Stan and not a kpop Stan, but then BTS is a part of “kpop” so I guess you can still say that you like kpop?

11. kimhyunjoong334

Currency:
    I can agree with you kinda, but if you ask if someone likes kpop and they say yeah but only know 1 group when you start talking its like [​IMG] "What a let down"

Eziio likes this.
  12. MoonErised8986

Currency:
    If you only BTS in kpop, I wouldn't consider you as a kpop fan. Every group has a different sound and image to them. You may attracted to that sound and image but not the other kpop groups. That is like me saying I don't like country music but I like this one country singer. This is the only country singer I can tolerate. Me liking that one country singer doesn't make me a fan of country. I am just attracted to their sound, their music, and possibly their image

Eziio and kimhyunjoong334 like this.
  13. charlie

charlie Newbie

Currency:
    Well kpop is a genre so listening to one group from the genre probably wouldn't really make you a kpop fan, just a BTS fan, in my opinion.

14. propanda

propanda Very Important Panda

Currency:
    BTS is kpop like every other kpop group, but I don't think you can say you are into kpop really if you only listen BTS. I think being into music genre means that you like different artists within that genre and different songs within it too.

Draft saved Draft deleted