Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Is BigHit turing BTS into another generic kpop group?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by qW12, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:20 AM.

1. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

First it doesn't matter if a artist cant produce their own songs. But when you started out putting much emphasis on you being a self produced group, especially your fandom that wont stop putitng it in others faces its weird seeing whats becoming of BTS.

Suga was on vlive today was showing the original sketches of his collabs this year, talking about how he has so many beats he produced and wrote but the company didn't approve it because it didn't fit BTS style.

Whats BTS style?

They could literally release trash or fire it wont matter Army would still buy. But all of Suga past production if you put it all together to make a album its better than their latest albums production where western producers seem to give generic throw away beats to BTS. Especially Ed Sheeren's beat.

2. boringgirl

boringgirl Rookie

Produce Trash
    Hi I hope you're ready to have your throat slit by ARMYs here in defense of BTS's recent music.

I really love the music Suga produces but idk why BH doesn't let him like put it on BTS's albums. IMO they sound much better.

3. finana

finana Rookie

But they were generic kpop group since the day one tho...

4. poteto

poteto Super Rookie

Are you talking about BB?

5. sandybee3

sandybee3 Rookie

They always were tho.
    They got trained like any other Idol, they were build as any other Idol Group and they also get controlled like any other Idol Group.

BTS ain't the only Group that wrote their own music, many Idols suffer from the same situation , thats why more and more released their Songs on Soundcloud and i know some other BTS members did as well.

If your in a Group you can't just release what you want it always have to fit the whole image of the Group.

6. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Trendsetter

I wanna hear everything they've produced so I can actually compare it.
    Generally I think bighit needs to trust the members more.
    They're on their 7th year now, if they haven't earned more freedom at this stage then when?

I ain't buying no trash album btw, I dont care how close they are to my heart.

#6 Queeeenie, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM
  7. Tyson_anm

Tyson_anm Trainee

BTS- style means a beat that would utilize all the members potential to it's max. A good beat won't give a good song if it doesn't fit in the voices and rap styles. Unlike solos group have to think of including multiple artist in a single song and give them space to shine. If you used your brain once then you wouldn't have made the same bts generic thread for 136754th time.

8. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

Generic in the sense i was saying it sarcastically because army made it a point to where it seems they were the only ones doing it.

But i will say before their topics and themes were vast and better than any kpop group out their who wrote 90% love songs.

SUNSHINE and Flowerboykookie like this.
  9. Taeri

Taeri Worldwide Star

They WERE a generic kpop group :3
    And still R of course

Emileh likes this.
  10. Flowercrew

Flowercrew Rookie

Because there's a thing called "concept"

Maybe that particular sing didn't fit the concept?

Sameera96 likes this.
  11. qW12

qW12 Super Rookie

I could make a mini album now with some his productions of all 7.

Title song-

B sides-

Outro-

Boom that's a better album than their last release.

And he gained much more experience since these songs release so you would think he would be better than before and not have one song that fits?

12. Ash_and_Thorns

Ash_and_Thorns Celebrity

A Lazy Manager of Something
    Giving BH's decisions lately ? I'd say yes . They are making them a group with no soul and none of the charm that captured fans initially .
    I'm willing to ignore the whole I'm-boyfriend-material vibe that BH has been pushing lately from styling to concepts to even games but music is where I cut the line . I can't believe that they think a bunch of C-class producers who make generic beats are better than Suga , Hobi or RM . MOTS : Persona is for example , what a typical boy group would put : Bland , pleasant enough but lacking in punch .
    I sometimes wonder if the whole ' BTS members aspire to release an album made by just themselves ' was just a ploy because we're defintely going in the opposite direction .

I'll get heat for this but I'll say it : If Shadow isn't written and produced by the members then it would be the biggest stab to the fans since the theme promises personal and raw songs .

13. certified_1

certified_1 Super Rookie

Love how people from some flop groups jump here to talk how superior they think they are..

Also bts are above kpop, suga and bh can decide what they want and what not.. also they work as employees..its not your school festival where you do whatever you want and these songs are still with suga and he can release anytime later, he and other members are denied many things by bh since long time cuz they know what they are doing.

Pls flop groups stans go talk about your own groups.

#13 certified_1, Jul 14, 2019 at 10:49 AM
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM
  14. S_quare22

S_quare22 Super Rookie

Army/Reveluv/Once/Sone
    it's funny because because SM and JYP stans are talking about quality and how kpop is generic, hope SM didn't flop this year so they will calm down

15. outrotears

outrotears Trainee

They are holding them back in my opinion, yes. Instead of pushing all these foreign and white producers on their albums, they could simply give BTS a longer break and let them have more time to work on their own music and let them have more credits. Also bang pd seems to be obsessed lately with the 1d pop boyband-ish image that honestly I don't think suits BTS as much nor that it's general public friendly. They also need to give Jin, Jimin and Tae their own studios, they have great potential and they have already contributed and came up with the melodies for songs like Run, BST, Epiphany, etc, they deserve their own studios.

I have a feeling BH wants a specific image for BTS while the members themselves gravitate towards another style and genre but since they have a contract to follow, you know. Also bighit plays it too safe lately, the members are very versatile and fit all kinds of concepts but the execution from bighit often is a bit lacking for me, they could be giving them much more quality and creative content and bigger exposure to a wider and more mature audience.

16. certified_1

certified_1 Super Rookie

Flop groups stans doing flop things as always, what can we do?? Hahaha sometimes i genuinely pity them.

17. S_quare22

S_quare22 Super Rookie

Army/Reveluv/Once/Sone
    OP, I agree with queenie here
    I don't think they have no freedom in their songs because they do and everyone knows that, I can't really get your point?
    but anyway, they are pretty free with their style

18. boringgirl

boringgirl Rookie

Produce Trash
    This^

And omg I really love Dead Leaves and Let Me Know tbh. They're my favorite songs produced by Suga.

Angela_Cao and SUNSHINE like this.
  19. sandybee3

sandybee3 Rookie

Nice to know that you know every kpop Song outthere.
    Also you make it sound like doing love Songs is something bad, The biggest Hits of all time were love Songs but ok.

20. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Trendsetter

I'm actually getting nervous just thinking about it because it seems like we all have really high expectations for their next comeback.