Injustice: My aunt doesnt cooperate about my grandmas hospitalization

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by igoi, Mar 31, 2016.

1. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    I'm so stressed now.
    My grandmas is ill and she's hospitalized since Monday.
    Believe you or don't, but my mom is being there since monday. She could barely eat in the hospital, because she doesn't have time to. My grandmas gets irritated being only with the nurse.
    It's been 3 or 4 nights since mom doesn't sleep.
    And my aunt... She's just living a sweet life. She refuses going to the hospital, even to a visit. My grandmas also calls for her. But she doesn't care.
    I don't know how long this thing can go on. How many nights my mom will go through without sleeping?
    I don't want to be into a family fight, but my aunt also needs to cooperate. She can't just be denying to help, and living good without being concerned. Come on, she's sleeping, eating, having free moments for her.
    And my mom is suffering alone. Without any help.

But when it comes to grandmas money, my aunt is the first one to show some interest. She didn't pay the money she took from my grandmas. Even knowing that now she needs that money.

I don't know what to do. I'm also suffering a lot.

2. Kirman

Kirman Trainee

Currency:
    If I was you, I would call my aunt every single day and annoy her, I know it's childish but she needs to help around as well, it can't always be left to your mum. This might cause some problems in your family but you still have to do what you need to do. Everyone should be helping your grandmother not only your mum. That's really unfair and even if your aunt has other things to do, her family should be her first priority and she should your grandmother some of her time.

3. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    I would do that too :)

Kirman likes this.
  4. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    actually, my aunt doesnt have much to do.
    yesterday, she was watching TV while lying in her bed all day long.
    it's pretty unfair.
    her husband also says she doesnt need to cooperate. but i mean, my mom is not the only daughter.
    so she needs to cooperate as well.

but no matter what i do or say... she doesnt care.
    she just wants to talk about shitty things, about movies, nails, etc.

its very comfortable for her.
    but then... when it comes to money... as i said, shes the first one.

she should just be helping at least a bit.

Kirman likes this.
  5. Kirman

Kirman Trainee

Currency:
    Is there anyone else who is older than you that can maybe talk to your aunt or someone who she will listen to? Maybe your mum?Tbh I don't know why she shouldn't cooperate unless she has something very important to do but like you said, she doesn't have much to do.

6. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    As I told you, the reason she doesn't help is because its being comfortable for her. She only thinks about herself actually.
    And no, there's no one older or even younger that can change up her mind.
    I'm pretty angry now.

Kirman likes this.
  7. xwhisperx

xwhisperx Leader

Currency:
    Derp Queen
    You can't force your aunt to do anything, if she doesn't want to then there's really nothing you can do about it honestly, been there done that, when my grandma need help after she almost died she was wheel chair bound, my aunt 'her favourite' who lived with her all her life (Up until last year, she's like 50 now) didn't do anything to help her ( my other aunts had to run up and down for her none of them live close, and have a host of other issues in the own lives. Me and my grandma don't get along, neither did my mum with her, so we weren't as invovled mainly because, my mother mental health, certain things use to be a trigger for her. but this was 3 or 4 years ago now. My Grandma's still alive (Barely) Her favourite daughter has her own place, my mother's been gone for two years now. and we just don't talk to my grandma that often and she acting weird as she refuses to even mention my mothers name because she's afraid my mother will haunt her.. Now as own carribean lore about ghosts goes, a 'duppy' (spirit) if you call their name, will only haunt you if you have done bad onto them... now that speaks for it self, my grandma has done alot fucked shit to my mother, some of which we probably don't know about.

Family fuckery really.

8. igoi

igoi Newbie

Currency:
    I'm really considering killing myself. Really really really.
    I'm also mad about my mom, because she allows my aunt's bad behavior.

This suffering seems like never ending. I can't stand anymore.

It's sad, because i actually think i could be relevant for society in the future. I wanted to write books as well.
    But my life sucks, I just need to think a way to put an end on it.
    Only dead i will find mental health and relief, calmness.

I dont know if i ever enjoyed this life. If i had the opportunity, i would. But i wont.
    And if there would be a possibility, it wont come, because i decided to go.
    I need to go.

9. Kirman

Kirman Trainee

Currency:
    I'm sorry >.< that's all I can think off

10. mihnhan

mihnhan Newbie

Currency:
    I'm sorry you feel that way. :S The only thing I can say is not to burden yourself by your aunt's childish actions. Be the stronger one in the family by counselling your mom and grandma and showing that your aunt acting like a prick isn't going to stop you from getting shit done.

I honestly have an extremely soft spot for my sister. I'd be the first person to admit that I let her run all over me, and I know it's not doing anything to help her. If I were in your mom's shoes, I'd probably do the exact same thing, tbh. I'd be very disappointed... but probably nothing further than that. Is your mom the eldest by any chance?

All I can say is to just be there for your mom and grandma. That support matters, especially when they might feel like they're thrown away by the aunt. Stay strong! And if you ever need to talk, know that there are people here that would be glad to lend an open ear :)

I'll keep your whole family in my prayers~

Draft saved Draft deleted