Indian people are also victims of racism. People forget that

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaenavon9, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    Hmm where do I even start

I find it ridiculous that when racism against blacks or Asians comes up it's so serious and everyone support them

But when people constantly ridicule Indians we are expected be sporting and go along with it

And it doesn't just stop at being ridiculed because of our "ott and unaesthetic" culture, or our complexion and looks.

In Australia a decade ago there was an almost jew-nazi type situation going on. Intense hinduphobia as well as hate crimes.

At least blacks are mostly accepted as Americans and east Asians are also respected for coming from fellow first world countries.

Also I heard that east Asians hate South Asians

I'm going to sleep or I would have written more.

Bye

2. sakurakou

sakurakou Super Rookie

Currency:
    I need you to comeback from sleep right now cux this sht piss me the hell off

Since when is racism against black taken serious and where in america .. are you trolling or something .. comeback here and talk or don't post shit like this and run away ...

You wanna talk about racism against indians last thing I checked are indian people killing black students in india , raping and sexually molesting adrican girls , racially profiling blacks in india , colorism in india toward south indians for their dark comolexn , a freaking parlemint member said south indian women were not attractive cuz they dark skin , their many more where this come from india one most racist colorist countries in world , only cuz their religious problems and hatered of each other religions more common their no one talk about their racism but if you wanna bring race talk and act like black people race problem are taken more seriously in america then indians then I am here to talk all day .. indian people were not brought to america as slaves they come in through their own free will , they can go back to india whenever they want while black americans habe no where to go or even know where their ancestors vome from , not to mention they help build america so they don't need to go anywhere america is their home , and weren't their story of indian student fake being black so he can benifit from college ..

And this in america wanna talk about indians people in african countries they last thing I heard they were classifed as colored and treated way better then blacks during apartition in south africa they worked with conolial power to mentain and oppress africans who revolt for thier freesom and independence , recently in kenya indians were recognized as tribe and given a tribe benifits of land owning in kenya and joining police and goverment jobs , while their alot of kenyan tribes thay still not being recognized by the goverment , all this show is how corruption and briber indians did to reach this .

Yeah indians may express racism but don't dare say racism against blacks are taken seriously while black people are still prime victims of police brutality and racial profiling , talk about your own problems with out mentioning ours .

3. Nana100000

Nana100000 Public Figure

Currency:
    I know this ain’t the same but I’m quite racially ambiguous and the vast majority of people I meet for the first time automatically assume I’m South Asian or Arab. I’m half black and white but apparently I don’t look it so most British people think I’m from India or Pakistan. I’ve even had customers at my workplace come up to me and speak in Hindi, Bengali and Urdu. So because of that I’ve experienced some rudeness and racism against me when that isn’t even my race. It actually makes me sick the way some people can be. Especially when I was still at school I would have people say I’m ugly because “I’m Indian” and people would make mock my name in an Indian accent. But I was too afraid and shy to tell them I’m not even Asian.
    And then when people find out I’m half Black they ask me why my hair isn’t Afro and why my nose isn’t flat.

4. istari

istari Super Rookie

Currency:
    I don't think you're wrong at all but what the writer of the thread is talking about racism against Indians. India does have a big problem with racism and it does need to fix that. I don't live there but, as an Indian, I know that a lot of people face discrimination in India.

However, racism against South Asians isn't taken seriously at all. Youtube comments are filled with racist people saying terrible things about Indian people and they want to 'kill Indians' because of T-Series. Those comments are incredibly hurtful. All South Asian people have also experienced racism first hand in some way or the other. However, and I hate to say this but I'm trying to prove a point, when someone is racist against other ethnicities such as black people, it is taken a lot more seriously overall.

On another mention, yes Indians are free to leave and go when they please but it's not like what you say at all. It's extremely hard to migrate to another part of the world with hardly anything. It requires immense dedication to be established in a foreign country. Please do not word it like that at all. My parents had to work EXTREMELY hard to establish themselves in society as brown people and yet my father still faced discrimination. Something that made him lose his job in the 21st century. I didn't think that was still possible.

Please watch this. I think discrimination against many ethnicities is an issue that is not brought up often enough. I just want you to watch this video. The discrimination that all South Asian people faced after 9/11 is not talked about at all. Neither is the discrimination they faced after in the Paris Attacks in 2016. There are many instances where they are brushed under the carpet.

Again, I don't think what you're saying is not true. However, I will say it again, that was not the writer of this thread's intention at all. Please DO NOT generalise us. Because that is exactly what you just did. This is also a form of racism.

5. sakurakou

sakurakou Super Rookie

Currency:
    I see what the op intention was and I understand that colored people in general face racism , but the introduction of his post is riduclous and offensive cuz he acting like black people already had the racism fixed and they living better now , totally ignoring the brutal truth that white supermicy main target are black people and police brutality main victims are black people not arabs or indians , so just stop talking about us , I ubderstand that you only care about your own issues obviously and just wanna use black people struggle to say you suffer same .

If you wanna talk about your own struggle do it with out leaching of other people struggle and try to find sympathy of those who you riduclous their own struggles .

6. istari

istari Super Rookie

Currency:
    I like how you highlight this over everything else and ignore everything else I said.

I agree with the fact that the op shouldn't have introduced it that way at all. I know it was wrong of me to try and back up the op in anyway as well. But, I am not trying to leech of African people. That wasn't what I wanted to convey at all. I was also trying to come to an understanding with you and I guess that didn't work.

It seems that you are of African descent. Correct me if I am wrong. We are both minorities and I think minorites should stick together, not argue. We face similar issues in society, yet we are divided. I have many African friends and whenever they share their culture with me, it's a truly beautiful experience because we can relate (and also not relate) on many issues and concerns. I hope this doesn't turn into a full blown argument and we can stick together instead of going against each other.

Edit: I hope you watched the video.

Solarsido likes this.
  7. PringleGoddess

PringleGoddess Trainee

Currency:
    All minorities do NOT face similar issues. Asians for example don't get profiled or brutalized by the cops in the way African Americans do. Nor do we generally have to worry about being born into extreme poverty the way African Americans often do. Saying that all minorities go through the same issues is just a ridiculous statement. Reality is much more complicated than this black and white view of the world. This is why poc solidarity isn't a real thing. The only thing we have in common is we aren't white. Not only does poc solidarity not exist but racism between poc is a HUGE problem that gets ignored by the mainstream. I used to live in LA which is a minority-majority city so I have a lot of first hand experience in this department. Racism between minorities is much more visible when you live in a city that isn't dominated by white people.

8. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    Sorry if I offended you.

But that's kind of my point, this isn't about who's suffering more (all coloured people are suffering just the same) but people think being racist to Indians is funny.

I mean just think about it. If Pewdiepie had instead made his videos about black people instead of Indian people would he still gotten 99 mil subs? Heck no he would be cancelled.

Also this op wasn't about racism in America but the whole world being rude to us and talking to us like we all came from the slums wading through shit

ayriya, Solarsido and SlaYall like this.
  9. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    Wanted to say this

Solarsido likes this.
  10. sakurakou

sakurakou Super Rookie

Currency:
    Being rude to you is not same as killing you , and it very obvious that black and indian people struggle all come from same white supermicy racism but their struggle is not same

And if you really claim that you talking about struggle around world not america , then you should reread my firat comment cuz it give you many examples of how indians living way better lives then average african or black person around globe .. and again I am not saying indian people don't suffer racism but saying what you said about black people is diagusting cuz you belittling black people history of enslavement , genocide , kidnapping , raping , seperating families , ripping women from theirs new born , experiments done on black people , and alot more brutal things that black people still suffer truma till this day with intentalized self hate and brainwash , to being just mere racism or joke telling ..... just never mention black people again cuz you don't know what you talking about .. talk about your own sht with out mentioning us .

11. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    Ok. Crimes against Indians happened in India itself though, and by the British ....our people were enslaved, robbed of their hard earned money and resources, denied education, made fools of, the women were raped during the colonialisation era. Our entire identity as indians was stolen away from us so idk where you're coming from with the "Only we suffered" part.

Just because we didn't face racism from Americans particularly doesn't mean it didn't happen or it wasn't so bad.

EvelynNesbit and Solarsido like this.
  12. sakurakou

sakurakou Super Rookie

Currency:
    Did u even read my comments

13. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    All I was saying is racism towards Indians doesn't get much attention, not as much as towards blacks for example. What's so offensive about that

ayriya and Solarsido like this.
  14. Distance

Distance Rookie

Currency:
    ...?
    You are soo damn entitled, instead of helping other people and making yourself a better person, you think this is a huge game of "who has it worse in America"... lmao I guarantee you will never get anywhere in life with that narrow mind of yours. The op was just stating a simple comment saying that Indians are overlooked when racism happens and you instantly think its an attack against black people wtf?

15. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Star

Currency:
    Thank you

Solarsido likes this.
  16. pradaplug

pradaplug Newbie

Currency:
    indian people also beat muslims to death on the streets on tha daily lol
    and china

we all should jus get along bruh

17. Solarsido

Solarsido ⋆⋱✵Sparkle✵⋰⋆

Currency:
    Stop spreading false information. I know you're a Pakistani. Focus on your country first which is a hell for Hindus

18. pradaplug

pradaplug Newbie

Currency:
  19. Solarsido

Solarsido ⋆⋱✵Sparkle✵⋰⋆

Currency:
    Pakistani is not a race

I don't care for China and your article proves nothing at all. It's just an article by a leftist. I can provide actual proofs on the atrocities on Hindus by Pakistani but trust me you won't want that. Heck this article was about racism and you brought religion here. Let's talk when Pakistan is overtaken by China soon.

I didn't say all Hindus are peaceful but they don't go bombing places like some Muslims do.

Blaenavon9 likes this.
  20. Solarsido

Solarsido ⋆⋱✵Sparkle✵⋰⋆

Currency:
    @Blaenavon9 ask mods to lock this thread before shit gets messier

Blaenavon9 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted