Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

I'm sorry SM but you failed

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by mangastar94, Mar 18, 2018.

1. mangastar94

mangastar94 Artist

....with NCT. I'm sorry but yes they did. Don't tell me but knetz said that with EXO. First of all, EXO's concept was clear! Songs were catchy and the next year after debut, everything was set!! Don't tell me NCT are rookies (they are 3 years korean age), they already have experience! SM gave a lot of title tracks for this comeback, they have dance practice (meanwhile red velvet who are more successful than them have barely some), have more comebacks than EXO (who have MUCH MUCH more fans). But their level of charting (on Korean platforms) is tragic. Tbh, I totally agree with knetz on how SM failed with them. I'm sorry but they are going nowhere. And the album sales, okay they are alright but come on they are from SM. Plus the title tracks and concepts are really unfriendly and weird (except 7th sense which is the only decent one). The views on YouTube... even groups from small companies have more than them (momoland, seventeen, monsta x or even gfriend). SM needs to debut their girl group or give more promotions to their relevant acts!

2. gdhimu

gdhimu Artist

I will wait for them to release a good album,i liked their mini's but the album is a letdown and did not do justice

I like all members,they are very talented,
    and no need for them to become as big as exo for me to like them

commonusername likes this.
  3. Belgian_ELF

Belgian_ELF Legend

Can y'all stop dragging/bashing a group you will never stan/don't care about?????
    This is like the 20th thread in 3 days ffs!!!

4. baeyong

baeyong Rookie

when ppl think sm'll care what they think.
    [​IMG]
    they debuted nct for a reason. i think they know how to manage a kpop group better than fans n that's tea

qu33n and callycat97 like this.
  5. Super_Junior_15x

Ehm...? What kind of argument is that? They debuted 2016 - I'm pretty sure they still are a 2 year old group at most.
    NCT is selling a lot and bring in money for SM - so I wouldn't say failed.
    You can think they have bad music, some of the rest of us like their music - this seems more like a personal opinion, maybe it isn't the best idea to put it out as given 'facts' xD

6. annoyed

annoyed Artist

I agree about their minis albums being better than this one. it was just all over the place, with songs from 2 years ago mixed with chinese versions and the albums was literally just NCT_U and one song from Dream and 127, it just doesn't make sense. They need to figure out which unit they wanna promote the most and stick with that.

gdhimu likes this.
  7. byun_je_ri

byun_je_ri Artist

I...don't think Korean age is used with how long a group's debuted

8. jaehyunnn

jaehyunnn Super Rookie

SM just needs to pull a SuJu and split NCT into two, solid groups. The size of NCT is just too big and intimidating for new fans, and the concept of limitless members is just confusing.

Mehrvigne, fantasticlau and ahpeiyu like this.
  9. jagerjack

jagerjack Artist

But but but NCT sold 200k albums arguments incoming :annoyedk:

10. mangastar94

mangastar94 Artist

I have the right to give my opinion about it.
    It's crazy about how their stans are in denial just because they are from SM, it's impossible for them to flop. Yes they are, why would other groups are called flops and not them since they are worst! But their overall concept is messy to me. I could tell that's EXO could become big they had the potential but them...NO!

fantasticlau likes this.
  11. Belgian_ELF

Belgian_ELF Legend

You think ngg will hit big instantly?
    You think SJ hit big when they debuted?
    Lemme tell you this: SJ debuted with only 100 fans!
    They would have a small fandom (which slowly grew each comeback) until they hit big with Sorry Sorry
    Just to let you know: that's 3 years after debut!!!
    Did SJ flop???? I think the fuck not!!!
    Yes, the first kpop group to win an award outside Korea only hit big after 3 years. NCT will become 2 years this year.
    Competition is killing (Wanna One, Exo x BTS competing, ...)

12. mangastar94

mangastar94 Artist

They didn't! It's only at 80k now! It's a mediaplay from SM! They are outsold by other groups who came around at the same time. Source music did the same last year with gfriend saying that they sold a preorder of 100k copies! Pathetic media play from SM, comparing them with BTS, the delusion is real!

jagerjack likes this.
  13. baeyong

baeyong Rookie

i mean to be fair you literally titled this thread "im sorry sm but you failed" so idk what u want me to say to that lmao

im not even as big as a stan as i could be and i didnt even deny it in any way i just said sm debuted them for a reason and they know how to manage a group better than fans

[​IMG]

14. mangastar94

mangastar94 Artist

SJ HAD GOOD songs before sorry sorry!! And that's the tea!
    There are other groups more popular than NCT please like 17, GOT7 and iKON (even Winner). They are around the same level as monsta X and Astro to me!

15. optzumistic

optzumistic Trainee

:siptear:
    I personally thought that their songs weren't bad, like Boss is such a bop!

16. Daliaah

Daliaah Star

SM won't debut their next girl group until one of their groups goes through a hell of a scandal or a member leaves the group/country. I honestly don't see how if SM can't handle NCT then how they will magically do so with a new girl group. Shouldn't time and effort be put into getting more recognition and fame for NCT? So let's say SM didn't deliver so well with this album. As of late, SM hasn't been delivering well for many of their groups. I mean, look at the mess that is Girls Generation with their anniversary comeback. I think SM aren't afraid to just not give it their all. Or rather, they don't have to and as always are playing around with what they have which let's admit SM has always done. SM usually has one group they use as a test, then when they know what they want and what works they put that into a new group or scrap all of it (or let it die).

17. BeckywithDgdhat

BeckywithDgdhat Super Rookie

It's not that people hate the group or they're songs (or at least that's not the care for me). it's that the concept is a mess. they should have debuted 3 individual groups separately at different times and not one mass one and then release their songs all at the same time like an idiot. it makes no logical or business sense

mangastar94 and Wiggly52 like this.
  18. sweet_lami

sweet_lami Entertainer

Just wait for them to surpass all of your faves :excitedr:

callycat97 likes this.
  19. IAmsophia

IAmsophia Artist

This is SM we're talking about tho
    They have always had 'out there' concepts/ideas for all their groups, NCT is definitely the most daring one yet but I wouldn't call them a flop

qu33n likes this.
  20. fantasticlau

fantasticlau Artist

I see your point. The whole NCT thing is a mess for sure and even though they are semi-relevant, I don’t think they will ever be a top group. That’s okay though. Winner and iKON never became top groups either. The problem with NCT is that the group is way too messy for people. SM needs to organise them. NCT has a few good songs and talented members, they just need something that can differ them from the other groups.

mangastar94 likes this.