I'm officially back from Korea - What I did and what I bought

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SomeoneLovesEXO, Aug 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SomeoneLovesEXO

Currency:
    My name is Jaemin
    First of all I'm back at home since like 10 minutes now and I wasn't that long in Korea, just like I flew to Korea about 6 days ago and came back to Austria now and my cousin who came with me to Korea went back to her own home now.

It was really great in Korea, even with the bad point that I met randomly my ex. girlfriend again after some years.

My Cousin and I shared a room together in the hotel to safe money (even if my cousin is female and I'm a male) and we had a lot of fun.

We went together to Lotteland (themepark), MCountdown, SM's Museum, a cat cafe, a bunny cafe, we went to a Korean barbeque-restaurant, we tried snacks from a local supermarket, we went into an art museum and we went shopping.

My cousin went really crazy as we went shopping and I now know why her suitcase was nearly empty as we came to Korea.

My cousin bought:

• a pair of red shorts
    • a flowerheadband
    • a some different crop tops and crop shirts and even a crop hoodie
    • a really cute black dress
    • white sandals with a wide heel and a high sole
    • 2 pair of earrings
    • She even spend nearly 150000 won (I guess this are about 120€ / 140$) for makeup and creams
    • a CD of BTS
    • a CD of Stray Kids
    • a lot of stickers from different SM-artists and groups
    • a keychain of GOT7
    • a bunchof cute stationary
    And than there is me:

• a hoodie (only cause my cousin forced me to buy that. Her excuse was crying like a baby and saying "its light pink with red stripes on the side and looks good on you, so if you don't buy it than I will never hang around with you anymore!" She even forced me first to try that on lol)
    • some typical stuff you buy for friends and relatives when you visit another country
    • Some different small things of merchendise by EXO
    • some of these reto-style fake glasses in black and silver
    It was really great in Korea but tooo hot there. Sadly Ididn't took any pictures in Korea but my cousin who is a fan of these polaroid-pictures (those photos who get printed out directly after you took them) made at least 2 pictures. One of me and her making weird faces and a pic of a tree she liked)

2. colorfulteardrop

colorfulteardrop Super Rookie

Currency:
    Welcome back. I hope you had a good time in Korea. Was it your first time?

I imagine it's pretty hot there - too hot for my taste, but I envy you that you was there.

3. melipolino

melipolino Public Figure

Currency:
    Cool we were in Korea at the same time :D You did so much more sightseeing than me. I just went to a random coffee shop, then to eat lunch, then to another place with aircon afterwards and then ate dinner and repeated this every day because I was dying.

Good to hear you also had a good time!

4. ankhiedon

ankhiedon Trainee

Currency:
    woah what

5. SomeoneLovesEXO

Currency:
    My name is Jaemin
    Yeah. I lived in Korea for 2 years and had a girlfriend in highschool. Shesadly usedme just to impress her fucking friends because nobody spoke another language besides Korean and cause I speak fluently German she thought it would be cool to date me for showing her friends that she has a "smart" boyfriend who "knows" more than everyone of her friends. Later on in our relationship I felt uncomfortable more and more and sudenlyfoundout that she don't really loved me and just used me for her fucking friends to "impress" them. And because I got mad at her about that back than we even used to fight somehow, used to make us sad and angry a lot, my cousin often jokes around that this would be the reason why I am gay now (wich is not true)

So as I went to thehotelwhere I andmy cousin stayed for the time as we were in Korea and I wanted to get the roomkey and told my name and my cousin spoke in German to me, a female who worked there got a shooked look on her face, excused herself from work and endet like "I need to show you where the room is, because it is not easy to find at first" (wich is a lie cause it was easy to find) and than she told my cousin to go into the room first and than she askedme if I'm really the guy she thought she never will see again after I went back to Austria.

6. SomeoneLovesEXO

Currency:
    My name is Jaemin
    Nope. I lived in Korea for 2 years before but wasn't there since that for a couple of years

7. WhiteWadeWilson

Currency:
    Hardworking Noodle
    So what kind of songs did you hear on the streets of Seoul? :teeheek:

8. SomeoneLovesEXO

Currency:
    My name is Jaemin
    It was quit different. I was for example with my cousin in a restaurant where they played some Lady Gaga and Beyonce. At the same day we went to a cafe and they played calm relaxing music. Another cafe we visited at the same day didn't played any music because of the bunnys. In the supermarket that we went to they played a local radio station and this played mostly English songs like Shawn Mendes or Ed Sheeran. On the streets there were some highschool girls who showed some dance cover, but they mostly danced to Little Mix and Britney Spears. As we went to the SM museum and some KPop-shops we heard that they were playing some Korean songs. My cousin wanted to go to a park at our second day in Seoul and there were 3 boys like 15-18 years old who sat on a bench with speakers and they listend to if I remember right Pristin V ( is this name even right?). Actually if you are in the more crowded areas in Seoul like Itaewon, Gangnam, Hongdae,...youwill sometimes even hear music of different genre overlaping because in one street 20 of 22 shops play very loud music and in the middle of the street 10 different groups of people perform with different music, so it was a bit challanging to understand what songs you heard while not standing near the radio/speakers they used for the music, but it is a good mix between different genre. I even saw some boys on the street performing to a Japanese songs of GENERATIONS^^

WhiteWadeWilson likes this.
  9. WhiteWadeWilson

Currency:
    Hardworking Noodle
    Yep its similar to my experience when I was in seoul back on March, its actually not easy to find kpop related things unless like u said we went to a mall or place where its specifically SM Shop or something

10. ankhiedon

ankhiedon Trainee

Currency:
    ahh i see, sorry about that. just thought that it was a pretty big coincidence (?) to run into your ex.

Draft saved Draft deleted