Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

iKON's high touch event, live broadcast appearance, and more in Japan have been canceled

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by drakan, Sep 25, 2018.

1. drakan

drakan Notable

Several of iKON's schedules in Japan have been canceled.

On September 25, YGEX announced iKON's high touch event, live broadcast appearance, and more have been canceled due to internal circumstances.

YGEX stated, "The live appearance of the iKON members on September 25 at 9-10 pm on ABEMATV is no longer valid due to internal circumstances."

"The originally planned group photo session, the high touch event, and rehearsal viewing on September 26 and September 28 have been canceled due to internal circumstances. We deeply apologize to those who have been looking forward to the event. Thank you for your understanding."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/201...pearance-and-more-in-japan-have-been-canceled

2. noticemesenpai04

3. MazoMazo

MazoMazo Rookie

That's makes sense.
    Trying to contain this is the best way to go about it.

L_catzzz likes this.
  4. monke

monke Rookie

it's okay. they've been running around so much lately, they're at the airport every other day. hanbin got ill several times, everyone looks like they're sleepwalking.
    it's a good time to have a bit of rest.

5. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Rookie

I don’t think your events being cancelled is how you want to get some rest

6. Dreamer95

Dreamer95 Idol

But the shit is happening in Korea why they are canceling Japanese schedules?

7. monke

monke Rookie

might as well make the best out of the situation. what else can they do? they need to lay low for things to calm down, it's the standard procedure. imagine the riot if they go through with the activities. they don't need this so close to their comeback.

#7 monke, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    L_catzzz and kimjisoo like this.
  8. ListenToBadMusic

if they go, Koreans will probably get even angrier or something

9. Rainbow_unicorn

Btw op, are you hidden ikonic? I see you reading ikon thread often. Don't be shy, we don't bite.

I mean ikon comeback thread.

Sel97, NIKKIEF and monke like this.
  10. keyboardwarrior7

keyboardwarrior7 Trendsetter

Omg, and the firestorm keeps on going.

11. Everywhere

Everywhere Trainee

this the best way for calm down K-netz/kfans ..
    so the power korean fans still can't lose even with big 3 inter fans .. if this happen in nugu group mybe already end career sad enough

12. monke

monke Rookie

because 'the shit' got something to do with their affiliation with japan. lots of comments question a lot of japanese in junhoe's IG, said they might as well move to japan and all sorts of stupidities. resuming their japan activities will only inflame that.

13. choi_yuna_bias

choi_yuna_bias Notable

Buddy
    I'm confused why they're canceling things in Japan like did they get any backlash there too? Or is this another case of k-fans demanding their faves to not promote in Japan?

Edit: Never mind I already got my answer.

14. Rainbow_unicorn

No, most of k konics are cooling down already. But the event is today so it might not the right time to continue. The other event is soundcheck and high touch? I have no idea, but thankfully the concert is still on.

choi_yuna_bias and monke like this.
  15. Silverfang719

OK so I just saw all this now........am I like the only person happy with what June said?? Ok yes he snapped back at a fan - but the fan was wrong in the first place to act so entitled. I understand the issue is sensitive in Korea but all he did was show a picture of something he got from an artist. Honestly like you can enjoy someone's work and not agree with their beliefs. And fan entitlement is one of the biggest issues in kpop for me.
    And also why are Japanese events being cancelled - cos knetz will get pissed??? This mentality of always trying to please your fans just seems wrong to me. What about the Japanese fans - do the knetz suddenly take priority? The whole issue for me just shows the true nature of what fandoms are like. The minute fans feel even slightly miss-treated they turn and backstab their idols.

L_catzzz and monke like this.
  16. ashleymarie

ashleymarie Rookie

I'm pretty damn sure they would've liked to have gotten some time off and rest under better circumstances.

Anyways, you would think they would keep their Japanese plans untouched. Their Korean events is what they should be keeping their eyes on.

17. GoldenIdun

GoldenIdun Notable

Mochi Bot
    This could make Japanese people really angry :confused:

freysan likes this.
  18. Multifandom_hoe

Army cult leader
    Yg embarking on the bighit and cube dumbass train of blowing things out of proportion to please Korean whiny fans. Chuu chuu!!!!

19. southclubstan

Going to YG's building with a knife
    i mean he apologized two times just for sharing a post of a japanese prominent figure which might offend japanese since their famous actor sent him a gift and all he got in return was hate from koreans and Junhoe kinda disrespected him

coolbeanz likes this.
  20. monke

monke Rookie

again, making the best out of the situation. and i'm speaking as a stan who just want nothing bad happen to them. best way now is just to lay low a bit, they can sacrifice some events because their comeback is coming up very very soon and it's waaaay more important.
    and again, what happen to them got something to do with japan, so it's only natural that they keep their japan activities to a minimum for now. they're still having concerts there tho.

#20 monke, Sep 25, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    coolbeanz likes this.