iKON-NEW KIDS:CONTINUE - ALBUM REVIEW

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Taeri, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD

Welcome to my unprofessional review thread :”)

01. KILLING ME

I really really like the vocals in this song
    They are so different from what other YG vocalists sound .. nasally and on steroids inhalers .. but ikon have some nice vocals and this song highlights them perfectly .. especially DK omg his voice is so beautiful .. I really like the chorus it’s so nice .. I don’t know how to feel about the breakdown though but it’s definitely now annoying ..

Rating : 8.5/10

02. FREEDOM

Hmmm I like the rock elements in this .. it makes it special .. it’s a good hype song .. it didn’t leave any other impression on me though ..

Rating : 5/10

03. ONLY YOU

Well this is really nice .. i would like to add this to my studying playlist .. it’s chill yet thrilling at the same time .. and again their vocals !! So good !
    The lyrics are so cute too :3

Rating: 8/10

04. COCKTAIL

This is a VERY summery song
    This reminds me of party lmao .. but it’s nice .. not my cup of tea though

Rating: 4/10 (for DK vocals :3)

05. JUST FOR YOU

Bobby and BI singing !!! Ahhhh this so nice .. so warm .. I love this song ! It has a relaxing feeling .. their vocals are so perfect .. the chorus is beautiful.. I think this is my favorite song from the album .. I like this kind of songs ..

Rating : 9.5/10

Overall rating : 7/10
    It’s a nice comeback !

What do you think about the album ?

2. _CLeO

_CLeO
    . Awards Team

Currency:
    IRI WASEO KAEKTEIL

[​IMG]

3. Merpedy

Merpedy Public Figure

Currency:
    Freedom started really strong and then sort of flopped for me? It gave me the typical 2000s punk pop feel with poor vocals (which they don't have obv)

Taeri likes this.
  4. OnehoeforWonho

OnehoeforWonho Public Figure

Currency:
    Thanks for checking out the album!
    Your review was refreshing to read :p

I love the album and killing me is gold but that's just my biased ass

5. Silverfang719

Silverfang719 Married to @mirella

Currency:
    I would bump up Killing Me to a 9.....it's simply that good.

I loved Freedom.....the anime soundtrack feel just makes it so good.
    HWIPALAM PALAM PALAM
    I don't like cocktail.
    And the other two are both really nice and Only You in particular gives really chill vibes.
    Vocals were amazing in this album tho

6. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    Yes !
    The vocals are so nice
    Killing me got 8.5 because of the rap parts :3 kinda BI part wasn’t that great for me ..

7. WhatYallSmokin

WhatYallSmokin Trainee

Currency:
    Nice album overall I must say. Killing Me has this EDM part that I surprisingly like even though I hate EDM with a passion. Killing me is a great song for me as well. Freedom has a nice rock song theme. My favorite song tho is Cocktail. Its a great summer song for sure.

8. onlyforlishair

Currency:
    omg unbiased
    thanks

OnehoeforWonho, NIKKIEF and Taeri like this.
  9. Silverfang719

Currency:
    Their raps overall in the album were really good. And BI was great as usual. But I do agree tho that his verse in Killing Me just seemed a little off. I dunno he just didn't seem to flow very well. But Bobby was sick especially his verse near the end....thought he did really great there

10. Jisoo

Jisoo Public Figure

Currency:
    #2 Jisoo Stan
    Killing Me is actually Killing Me tbh

11. Taeri

Taeri Married to @NBW

Currency:
    MD
    I’m no rap expert :3 and I generally hate it .. but I can say that Bobby rap really gave the song something special .. like it did fit perfectly

12. Want_Some_Milk

Want_Some_Milk Super Rookie

Currency:
    I like
    Killing me
    Cocktail
    Just for you

13. Silverfang719

Currency:
    Hey I'm not expert either haha but I do enjoy listening to it. And I 100% agree Bobby's rap really fit the song....made it grittier somehow I guess

Taeri likes this.
  14. Hooooni

Hooooni Trainee

Currency:
    I'm one of few who totally fall in love with cocktail I guess I love summer songs...killing me it's a solid 9 for me it wasn't annoying neither disappointing...freedom was refreshing and so anime parah parah..only u is pretty good but it didn't really blow me up...just for u is such an amazing ballad and I specially like the beat it didn't give me the impression of a ballad at first..apology is still superior tho
    :teeheek:

Rainbow_unicorn, NIKKIEF and Taeri like this.
  15. MrsMoody

MrsMoody Newbie

Currency:
    I actually love this mini album. I find all the songs really good written and sung. I would give 8 out of 10 to all of them.

16. NIKKIEF

NIKKIEF ❖︎ ᴠᴏɪᴅ ❖︎

Currency:
    Thanks for unbiased opinion :) I was confused all of those bashing things.. thanks to appreciate Dongi's voice :loverr3:
    My ranking:
    1. Killing me. I liked this song so much but not from first listening. I listened a lot because there were a lot of different parts. Finally I got used to. This would be my most fav iKON song by far. Bobby's rap part was better than B.I's part. I liked the beginning part. I also liked the ending(Bobby's part and they sang together). (Overall. 10:p)
    2. Only you. Such a nice song. Vocal parts are so refreshing. I liked it soo much. Soo good. (Overall 9)
    3. Jusy for you. That fan song. I like vocals :cool: Bobby's and June's vocal are my favs. (Overall 8.5)
    4. Freedom. Actually I'm fan of Rock but I think I listened better rock songs but at Kpop it's kinda better. Chorus ...param...param was good. But lacks of slow and emotional parts .. maybe I expected something different. (Overall 6)
    5. Cocktail. My least fav. B.I and June's part are soo good but still my less fav song from the album. (Overall 5)
    Album overall 8. But I should say that this album's versatility made it one of the best.:cool:

17. loomynartychild

Currency:
    I liked Killing Me enough for it to make my playlist, infectious hook, gets stuck in your head very easially, followed by an electro house drop - a rarity nowadays, but very iKON-ish, this concept fits them more, 8/10

Freedom sounded like an anime opening mixed with hiphop, I like the take on different genres for this album. I think the song needs to grow on me. Its a nice song - but Im kinda tired of rock right now (unless its indie or rhcp lmao), but 6/10!

I loved Only You, like its a 9,5/10 song (if there was a bit more rap, just a bit more). I vibed so hard with Bobbys part when I first heard the song in the car while driving home that I had to replay his part.

Cocktail was made with the intent to be a summer song and that is exacly what it is, a fun, very iKON-like song. Id totally vibe with this. 6,5/10

줄게 is a sweet, sweet fansong. I wish it was a little more like M.U.P. But overall its nice, maybe a bit too soft for me, but defo sits nicely when I feel for something like a slow pop ballad. 7,5/10

Overall mean score 7,5/10

Its an okay score, but somehow, for someone who started liking iKON because they were so much more hiphop and hype oriented than other korean idol groups (also gatewayed me into korean hiphop in general) - I miss hype songs. I miss Rhythm Ta, Blingbling, Dumb and Dumber, Anthem and Whats Wrong-like songs.

Hope to see more of that in the future.

#17 loomynartychild, Aug 2, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Hooooni, Rainbow_unicorn and Taeri like this.