Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

If you had to write something like this what would you write about?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by becci, Sep 26, 2017.

1. becci

becci Legend

So in my country one of the things you have to do to graduate from highschool you have to write a 20-25page scientific essay(no pictures included) about any topic at all that you find interesting so it can technically be something that doesn't really seem scientific like kpop, other music, a book, a tv show... but

Conditions are:
    - It has to be about something based on studies, you need to have sources for everything, it can't just be based on your or other peoples opinion
    - you need a question you ask at the beginning of it, one that makes your topic more specified, you have to focus on a very detailed aspect
    - It needs to have several different chapters with several different sub topics
    - you need to find one teacher who can give you advice on your topic and who needs to approve of everything you write

My topic ended up being the moral and health aspects of Vegetarianism and I got an A for it.

crowboy likes this.
  2. boruto

boruto Star

we had to do the same thing! and you have to defend it like a thesis in front of a professor, and it's actually a certain professor you ask to give you the topic. my geography professor gave me my hometown as a topic (bc i moved from it to capital) and it sucked bc even though i knew stuff, i had to write about agriculture, some like history, archeology, even the type of land surrounding my hometown and all the tiniest 50m rivers... and yeah all the meteorology aspects, architecture, culture... just about everything. oh.. and no internet! only books. i actually wanted to do japanese or korean history bc i wanted to learn about it as i'm writing it but nah, she gave me that.

if i were to choose now, i'd probably choose music. like the rise of jazz or sth.

becci likes this.
  3. ReadMyFanfic2

ReadMyFanfic2 Legend

I've already done this and it wasnt even for school (i am weird i like to write XD)
    I've written about society's customs and the development and inffluence of other societies on customs
    I;ve written about the industrisal revolutions impact on the world
    why humans turn to literature to express ideas found in the world around them <<--this one was significantly shorter than the others
    i wrote about the Russian bourgeoisie
    hmm idk i wrote another short paper addressing other students misconcceptions on science idea's
    Im weird and not the best at writing but yeah

becci likes this.
  4. crowboy

crowboy Star

oh wow, that's interesting! i think... i would've found this extremely difficult. basically i love writing a lot, but i can't write a lot lmao. i always end up getting stuck and wanting to start on another idea

i probably would've written something about writing itself. like, why and how different styles are utilised and the the characteristics of the styles mentioned. it would probably be very dry for anyone else to read, but i'd enjoy researching more into it and expanding my own knowledge for future reference

becci likes this.
  5. Daisy_Rowley

Daisy_Rowley Trainee

I understand you perfectly! I have such a problem too and I never liked to write an essay for my old teacher! But my friend found a great essay service https://domywriting.com/ and now we always use it! safe and fast!

becci likes this.
  6. ladydahlia629

ladydahlia629 Artist

Actually I just did something like this (even though it had graphs and tables *because I need show data for this paper*) and it was about "Today's Standards of Sexiness in the Media" for my Research Writing class [which is a 400 level course]. I would still be able to do that same people under those same requirements. Plus my professor to the class about her 75 page paper on James Bond that she wrote on a typewriter [yes a typewriter] and that needed to find the original version of the James Bond movies.

becci likes this.
  7. John32

John32 Trainee

A reaction paper is just what it says on the box — your written reaction to a book, an article, a TV show or a movie. Still, many students struggle with this type of paper, even if they know this simple answer to the question ‘What is a reaction paper?‘. If you can‘t wrap your head around this seemingly easy assignment, you are in luck! We have prepared a detailed guide for you to follow. And you can also read a reaction paper example or two in our database. Learn how to write a reaction paper from the full article on our website.

8. GramStan

GramStan Artist

I had to do an assessment like that at one point, and for the life of me, I can't remember what it was about. Too many years ago. I did do a mini-thesis on the role of women in the novels of Charlotte Bronte when I was at university - that did pretty well.

becci likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted