If Visual Kei bands had generations like KPop

Discussion in 'J-POP' started by JiminieKookie, Aug 12, 2019.

1. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
  2. perpetualpotato

Currency:
    It's funny because I seem to be mostly into 2nd gen kpop and according to this, I'm mostly into 2nd and 1st gen jrock :D I really don't know much about the current bands, should do some exploring.

possiblymad likes this.
  3. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    There are sooo many bands out there...

I recomend you BugLug for now (One of their videos is in my thread allready)

The band consists of Vocalist Issei, guitarist Kazuki and guitarist Yuu, bassist Tsubame and drummer Masaumi. The band debuted in 2009 and it took them till 2012 to make Masaumi an official member.

In 2017 tbe band had a very long break untill they came back in the late 2018 because vocalist Issei fall from the stairs and hurt his head so bad that he got a brain-surgery and lost all his memories and even had amnesia. Acording to what his members wrote on Twitter back than, he didn't recognozed his band, not even his parents and he laught "I'm not the vocalist of such a weird band. Why would I dress so weird and would dye my hair in such random colors and all?" etc. cause he could not remember anything. It took him about 8 months to recover.

Some months ago the band made a really sweet MV with dogs. Those dogs in the video are the dogs from Kazuki.

[​IMG]

This on the picture is the band around the end of 2016 shortly before that accidant happend. From left to right: Yuu, Tsubame, Issei, Masaumi, Kazuki

I really liked the band some years ago and Kazuki was my most favourite member.

BTW You can really see a difference between the old music and the music they do now since Issei recovered from his accidant. It looks like if all this problems he had during the recovery changed him a lot

Some MVs before the accidant:

Some MVs after the band came back:

perpetualpotato likes this.
  4. perpetualpotato

Currency:
    Damn they're gone through a lot. Thanks for this, I'll look more into them tomorrow.

JiminieKookie likes this.
  5. possiblymad

possiblymad Celebrity

Currency:
    I used to listen to jrock a lot! Now the band I listen the most is Buck-Tick they are not really visual kei anymore but they were pioneers on this when they started, having impact in big bands like Dir en Grey
    I must admit I prefer Buck-Tick's visual more nowadays, but I miss sometimes visual kei however they kinda changed you know what I mean? I like the more "exaggerate" looks from the early bands better it was so unique and cool!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now they are a bit more... idk it's not bad tho obvi