Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

If South Korea don't get it together...!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by IgotExosBangtan, Aug 22, 2017.

1. IgotExosBangtan

Everyone who had a hand in this, lighting crew, production, camera crew, photography, cast crew, script writer, etc, needs their asses beat for this headassery.

DGP8K5pXkAE-SNB.jpg

Yuki_the_dog, GODDEZZ, Envyy and 15 others like this.
  2. kddicted

kddicted Legend

I saw that, rolled my eyes and kept scrolling
    When will they learn.

3. southclubstan

Jaesuk actually played a black character in Infinity challenge without coloring his face recently.Since he is the most famous man in Korea so things are improving from before.

4. b9ee7

b9ee7 Artist

btw theres a whole petition to stop it

idk if its going to solve anything but ppl should sign it anyways

5. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

You would think after all the uproar about blackface,idols wearing dreads etc that they would have learnt their lesson by now but apparently not. Its an easy enough concept to grasp BLACKFACE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM.

6. propanda

propanda Moderator
    Staff Member

So they are pretty much doing blackface- pretty much the like the origin of the word, mockery of black people while having black make-up on.

Even if they didn't know what Blackface means, why did they think such mockery of race would be good idea is beyond me.

7. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

Trouble is they do understand the meaning of it but because its done under the guise of "comedy" they seem to think its acceptable.

8. propanda

propanda Moderator
    Staff Member

Well wasn't blackface originally done for comedy as well as many of the racial caricatures.. : / They should really think a bit, not everything should be made fun of.

9. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

Absolutely agree ,i'm not defending them just giving a reason why they keep doing it.

10. Sel97

Sel97 Artist

When will people educate themselves? I'm so disappointed.

11. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

I'm just waiting for a white comedian to come to Korea and do yellowface. Suddenly everyone will be crying foul, including those who did blackface. In fact I hope it happens, they might learn an important lesson.

12. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Artist

I am more surprised that black people still get surprised every damn time , like get the picture already they are racist and they proud of it , so either move on with your life and don't deal with koreans or other asians for that matter cuz majority of asian countries are racist and colorist specially toward dark skin people , so black people are like the top on their list for racism against .

message to black kpop fan , Wake the f up . . either only support only those idols who obviously not racist and open minded , or just drop kpop as whole , it's not worth it .

ihavemyownkey likes this.
  13. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

Its not just black people who get upset by it,i'm white and english and it pisses me off everytime i see it. Just because asians are racist(not all of them obviously)doesn't make it acceptable. Racism is wrong full stop it doesn't matter what part of the world you come from.

14. hellomellu

hellomellu Artist

Are you fucking kidding me? Their celebrities get called out on it constantly, but it's like they are willfully ignoring the problem and continuing the behaviour. Not okaaaaay.

Edit: To have a problem with Blackface the only requirement is to be a decent human being with a basic understanding of America's national shame(not the orange one). You don't have to be black to wish for equality and the total abolishment of such offensive actions towards any race. It's just not okay.

15. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Artist

yeah but mostly black people are the one who consume from asians and they actually benefit from work in africa and other black majority countries alot , like china now building an economic empire out resources that come out of african countries , they send their billion population labor into african countries while africans in africa don't have job and living in proveity , I spoke with a swahili friend of mine from Mozambique and he told me that asians specially Chinese treat african people so badly and they don't speak african/swahili languge the only words they know are insult words , they very racist and would not mind oppressing africans that work for them , they would only hire other asians in power place and only hire africans as workers , and just recently their was news of chinese store owner who assaulted black woman in store slamed her on floor in america , you would not see asians treating white people like that , I really feel like asians want to benifit from black community but on same time they hate and look down on us , we didn't do anything to them , so I don't understand why this hate .. I would rather african countries not deal with those racist countries and make strict rule against them .

16. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

The trouble is there is no comeback for them for that sort of behaviour in the west we have laws to protect from racism,sexism even ageism (not that they are always upheld) but if asian countries were made to be accountable for those actions things would change. Hopefully with the new gen kids growing up things may get better but this is an argument that will rage for along time.Until asian countries accept this is unacceptable behaviour nothing will change.

17. Person24

Person24 Artist

At this point igaf anymore. They have been told so many times that this is wrong. Im done with their bs I can't take this anymore

18. ihavemyownkey

ihavemyownkey Artist

Nothing surprises me anymore. Nothing.

19. Spinereader

Spinereader Artist

Actually it's possible, at least in America. Julianne Hough the...I don't know what she is actually, so I'll go with celebrity dancer, wore blackface for Halloween. It was a huge controversy at the time but she's still very popular and pretty much everyone forgot about it. There's also several instances of tan cast members darkening their face a bit more on SNL for skits, and no one says a word.

I can't speak for all western countries, but in America there's almost nothing a celebrity can do that's so bad that they won't be able to come back from after lying low for a short while. And in many cases these celebrities are even forgiven and loved when they've done appalling, unforgivable things. (Like the violent Dr. Dre.)

GODDEZZ, chiblet28 and Jimins_thighs like this.
  20. Jimins_thighs

Jimins_thighs Artist

In everyday life in England people get away with it left,right and center and we have a few politicians and political parties that lean heavily in that direction but as for celebs i cant think of anyone who has done blackface, i remember a cast member from a popular soap being sacked for tweeting racist comments but your right celebrities are forgiven all the time.example chris brown

ihavemyownkey likes this.