Idols and Kpop.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ClassicGummyBear, Apr 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ClassicGummyBear

Currency:
    Being a kpop idol is a hard job. I've never in my life seen people under as much scrutiny as I have seen in Kpop.

Kpop fans tend to complain about idols being scripted but when an idol actually does show the real them, they get berated and attacked. Jonghyun from Shinee was brought to tears when he talked about this once. He said that he was afraid to show people the real him because of fear of rejection. We know that in Kpop the images of idols are carefully crafted because that's what the public wants. If an idol does not give the public what they want then everyone will turn on them. I never in my life thought I'd see the day where dating someone would cause such a backlash. If you would have told me this prior to 2008 (the year I found kpop) I would have thought you were crazy.

There's always some excuse to attack idols. They did not ask for this because they chose to be a celebrity. Who in the world would actually ask for people to attack them? I've only even seen people asked not to be attacked. When you put idols down you are putting a human being who is only trying to live a dream. In order to live their dreams, they have to go by what is given to them. I do not think that any idol likes living behind a crafted image but it's what you have to do. Not everyone has the power or the know-how to start their own company where they can be free to do what they want and so this means they have to take a different road.

I appreciate the hard work it takes to not only live out a dream but to entertain people as well. The support from fans means so much and we as fans can either make or break someone. It's not only Korean fans that affect idols, it's internationally as well. If international fans didn't hold any power (as many of you always seem to claim) then how come so many idols have actually reached out and apologized or communicated with international fans about certain scandals?

If you feel as though your bias is always getting attacked, the best way to combat that is to continue to support your bias. Continue to purchase music, do covers, share the positive traits that your bias has, talk about them with other kpop fans and share your thoughts. There is nothing that you or anyone in your fandom can do to change a person's mind when you argue back and forth. Use logic, use charts, use any proof you can find that will show the heights your bias has climbed to get to where they are. If that doesn't shut the haters up then nothing will.

kodoku, easyalyce and silveroaksm like this.
  2. CLesbo

CLesbo Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    good for yeeewww :rolleyes:

3. easyalyce

easyalyce Super Rookie

Currency:
    Fembot
    Yes definitely a super sharp double edged sword, that's why I never bash idols even if I'm not into their music.

4. NaRei

NaRei Idol

Currency:
    I've never seen a more motivated hard working loving group of people outside of my bias group. it burns me when people forget how hard they've worked and are so quick to diss them (i guess im lucky they dont get much hate :) )

5. kodoku

kodoku Star

Currency:
    I love kpop but I also really despise it, both fans and idols need to change so much. The fact that they are even called 'idols' is wrong to me and should be changed to entertainers or something. They are just people, not perfect, not angels, not gods and they shouldn't try to be those things and we shouldn't expect them to be those things. It's burdening and toxic for them and for us who watch over them, it sends the wrong message and needs to change, they shouldn't be presented as products and we shouldn't look at them as something that we can buy and control. I really hate the ridiculous plastic surgery, constant questions about dieting instead of music, and the scripted words, fake images and even personalities. How people treat idols is dehumanizing and disgusting and I can't believe that this is how it is in the modern world, we need to change it little by little and as soon as possible. As for me, I support everyone, even groups I don't really follow, there isn't anyone I dislike and even if I did, I would just stay away from them. It's that simple unless you are a bitter, insecure and toxic person who finds joy in ruining others of course

Emileh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted