i want to learn how to write

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by phleurt, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Lucian_Hodoboc

Currency:
    I don't even know, man
    I recommend looking up on YouTube "authortube". You'll find lots of videos about creative writing. They provide a lot of good information about how to hone your writing skills, even if you are a beginner. Or you can buy creative writing books from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo etc., or even one of the Masterclass courses (James Patterson's or Margaret Atwood's) from masterclass.com.

kpopenthusiast12 likes this.
  2. kpopenthusiast12

kpopenthusiast12 Celebrity

Currency:
    I used to write lots of poetry and short stories when I was younger. When I made the decision to write my first novel, it tainted my writing “career”. It took me about three years to go back and attempt to write a book. Right now, I don’t know what to do because I feel like my ideas are all burnt out since the day I decided to give up.

3. Lucian_Hodoboc

Currency:
    I don't even know, man
    You should continue. Don't give up on your dream of becoming a writer. If you are passionate about it, don't let your inner critic or the opinions of other people discourage you. It might take you years (it took decades for some famous writers), but the chances of becoming a well-known writer are higher if you keep writing every day or at least a few times a week. Best of luck, @kpopenthusiast12 !

kpopenthusiast12 likes this.
  4. DarkSun

DarkSun Newbie

Currency:
    Very helpful information. It seems to me that the best way to learn to write well and structured is to learn from an essay format. I love the format of the essay. It really develops written skills, structures thoughts and makes you think. If you need help writing an essay or you find top essay writing services, you can go to the above resource.The guys quality and very beautifully help you with the task.

#24 DarkSun, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  5. dprcream

dprcream Married to @yoichiidesu

Currency:
    pup dealer
    Inspiration should come naturally, but some get more inspired in certain environments or have "triggers". I get inspired when I listen to music, but to each their own. You also have to read lots.
    Another thing that makes it much easier to get inspired and ideas easily is... being cultured. I know it sounds kind of harsh but hear me out. The more general knowledge you have the more ideas can spark. Culture makes the difference between a wattpad lemon fanfiction writer and creators such as Stan Lee or JK Rowling before she tried too hard.
    Lastly, find your own genre and style. You can write both articles and short stories if you like, but there is always one preferred genre, something you're better at. Once you find it and master your own personal writing style, it's much easier to fit ideas in, I find. Going back to my "read lots" advice, try to read a lot of writers who write similar texts to what you are aiming for. If you like journalism go for journalists and so on. All of this should help your ideas flow more easily.

6. yuna_yah

yuna_yah Egg Kyungsoo Is Superior~

Currency:
    mini jongdaes gOdmoTher
    PENCIL...PAPER

and boom

7. PhantasmaCRL

PhantasmaCRL Trainee

Currency:
    Graphic Designer
    I love this topic and I didn't expect to find anything related to writing here (as you can see I'm new here lmao) so let me share with you some words from one of my favorite storytellers on getting ideas.

Also I've "won" NaNoWriMo 4 times, and still feel like a complete newbie when writing

8. DarkSun

DarkSun Newbie

Currency:
    Writing written works, including an essay for example and a more advanced scientific level, is always very responsible and serious. I want to learn how to write structured and trustworthy paper. Please tell me who can ask for help in this?

Modar likes this.
  9. namk101

namk101 Trendsetter

Currency:
    YGs Prosecutor
    Get prompts off different sites then start,thats how we do it with kids at school who can write but dont have a story to be told

10. sharon-aria

sharon-aria Newbie

Currency:
    I have the same problem, I have good stories to tell but I don't know how to.

11. lorieth

lorieth Trainee

Currency:
    Interstellar Smuggler
    Same

12. tmimstv

tmimstv Newbie

Currency:
    A good strategy might be to do the "Sequel/Prequel" method, Find a song you like and try to make a song about what happened before or after whatever the song is about.

Hope this helps!

Oops this wasn't about song writing... sorry.... maybe it'll work with stories too tho! Take over it and make the story how you want it to go.