I.O.I reunion: How messy will it be?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by The_Velvet, Sep 13, 2019.

1. The_Velvet

The_Velvet Public Figure

I was just thinking the other day how messy this I.O.I reunion will actually end up being and it's pretty crazy.
    • The obvious elephant in the room that Chungha is the only one who managed to find massive success. I'm sure some of the other girls will be bitter.
    • Nayoung and Pinky likely have issues, considering Pinky stayed at Pledis and Nayoung left. Also, Nayoung follows all the IOI girls on insta apart from Pinky.
    • If Somi and Yeonjung return, it will be awkward because the OT9 song will have to be changed for OT11 meaning some girls will lose lines. Also, it likely means someone will have to lose their centre position for Somi.
    • Members of Gugudan must be pissed. They're going to go over a year without a comeback due to this IOI reunion. At least DIA got a comeback and WJSN/Weki Meki got two comebacks this year.
    • Also the fact there will be three active produce groups in Korea at the same time will be awkward. Especially when awards season comes.
    [​IMG]

draggehz likes this.
  2. The_Velvet

The_Velvet Public Figure

P.S. If there are any Gugudan fans...can someone tell me what's happening with them? They dead? It's eerily similar to Pristin... 10 months without a comeback.

SleepingGiant and Tomato_sauce like this.
  3. perpetualpotato

I'd like to think the others will be mostly happy for Chungha. Are Somi and Yeonjung joining or not? I'm so confused, first it was ot11, then it was announced that they would not be there, then they are... idk. I'd understand being a bit annoyed at the lack of decision making.
    As for what the hell is going on with Gugudan... good question. As a group, sadly not much.
    Sally's been posting dance videos and has had some activity on Weibo, also she's been talked about in conjunction with the Chinese p101 franchise? I think Mina's been mcing. Sejeong's in a drama, think Mina & Nayoung were just on King of Masked Singer. Basically, they're doing their thing mostly solo. I'm hoping they'll use post-ioi reunion hype for a Gugudan cb.

draggehz, LovenRose and The_Velvet like this.
  4. Valent04

Valent04 Super Rookie

I’m hoping this ioi comeback brings so much drama that the forums light up with trash talk and crying emotionally invested users

But it’ll most likely be semi successful and then quickly forgotten

blueflavor and The_Velvet like this.
  5. LovenRose

LovenRose Super Rookie

I’m mostly worried that it won’t be a proper comeback and just a barley promoted single.

Gugudan:
    Not much but this is what I know they’ve done this year:
    Sejeong: She appeared on masked singer and won all three rounds but lost to the king. She’s appearing in a drama right now, mc-ing a little, appeared on a couple of variety shows and might have a regular position on one(not sure) and filmed a couple of cfs.
    Mina: Stared in dramas. She’s in Hotel del Luna. Mc on music core. Filmed a cf.
    Haebin: Have recorded at least one ost.
    Sally: Posted a couple of dance covers.
    Nayoung: Appeared on V-1 but (sadly) lost in the first round.
    The rest have been active on vlive and posted on instagram I think.

#5 LovenRose, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  6. doubleOh7

doubleOh7 Rookie

Nayoung & Pinky have beef?