I like RM's "MONO" and Hoseok's "Hope world" more than 80% of BTS's albums

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BridgesIBurned, Jul 7, 2019.

1. BridgesIBurned

law, but not really
    I mean, how the songs correlate to each other, how thematic they are and how well the transitions sound. Like, it's clear they don't add in random songs just to appeal to everyone and it is gorgeous. I wish they had the same approach to their main albums as well, but they are still on the stage where they have to pull new audiences in, they're still growing and some songs just sound like they don't belong to the same album...

P. S. I hope RM submits his album to Grammys. It's less likely to even get a nomination, but you never know... I think it's my favourite bts album outside tear.

P. P. S. Blueside and badbye are masterpicies.

2. njsjyghsjmthjk

njsjyghsjmthjk Trendsetter

Me too, OP! But that's also because I like Rap more than Vocals!!

lidora, Polskie and BridgesIBurned like this.
  3. certified_1

certified_1 Celebrity

Its more of time took to create these albums hence they had more trail and error process also that co related connection is present in all bts album (they only one of few artist who still do it) but they have dedicated years to create these mixtapes and even starting thought and emotion was their personal whereas the names of albums are decided by bighit then memebers write lyrics and evaluate who has better and discuss with bang pd and other producers/writers.

I mean times is one of the main reason and also these albums are not simple ones they are more or less journey of their own and it takes little brain to understand.

lidora likes this.
  4. BridgesIBurned

law, but not really
    I like both. But their hip hop stuff sound better than most of their vocal songs. I mean, if we talk about vocal line's solos, singularity is impeccable and serendipity and Epiphany are amazing, Euphoria is well, basic, but fans like Euphoria the most, so, idk. That's why I think it's tricky for BTS to really only think about general quality. I mean, I don't want BTS to only fill the gap in "pop music" that westerners left because the genre is getting less and less popular among the audiences. I can't stop thinking how much better it would be if their albums had more hip hop songs...

5. anonymous_man

anonymous_man Rookie

The mixtapes are created by the members themselves with their full freedom...
    They don't have any pressure like doing an album...

6. daydreamJH

daydreamJH Newbie

same ....i like their recent albums as its easy to listen to but their mixtapes have been better
    also their songs are getting less and less rap line contribution so that is also one of the reason i am not able to enjoy their recent releases as much as i did in past

7. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Idol

I disagree honestly. I do think their mixtapes are very good but their LY:series, their Hyyh series and their school trilogy series, I think they are all well put together.
    But I do think it's easier to make a cohesive and thematically consistent album when there is only person on it, their BTS albums tend to be more diverse and that's what people expect (and love) about kpop albums

8. Sameera96

Sameera96 Trendsetter

I really enjoy HopeWorld but it doesn’t top a full BTS album for me. Euphoria is king. People love because it’s amazing.

9. Straw_berry

Straw_berry Rookie

Well its a good thing they have a mixture of songs, because I enjoy their vocal more than rap. :)

10. dancingbella23

dancingbella23 Super Rookie

Pirate King
    I love Hope World with all my heart <3
    It's just so Jhope.
    And all the tracks are amazing no-skips.

11. Danhoney

Danhoney Trainee

Mono is really an amazing album

12. niku_mori

niku_mori Super Rookie

A.R.M.Y Supremacist
    Both are amazing. Hobi being my personal Bias and RM's Mono is the best shit ever....But for me personally nothing beats PERSONA. Persona is my favorite album ever. I love happy vibes, I love the vocals.

Stream_automatic likes this.