I have treatend myself with Farber Castell Pencils

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JiminieKookie, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM.

1. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    >.< I watched tooo many art videos again and even tho I can't draw that well, I fell in love with pencils and got myself a 24 pieces pack of aquarell pencils to draw with ... I also bought basic white gel pen

[​IMG]

I originaly had planned to get the Polychromos, but than my bankaccount said nope, because the 24 colors pack was 44€ while the Goldfarber Aqua was just 28€. I swatched them in the store and decided to go for the Goldfarber Aqua because they are very soft and so smooth and if I want to, I can use my waterbrush and make it look like if I was using watercolors on the paper xD (I allready own watercolors so basicaly I could mix it up if I want to, because my watercolor set from Sakura got no brown or black as colors and this pencils have 3 different shades of black/grey and also 3 different shades of brown tho

I bet cause Farber Castell is a very good brand that these pencils will last me a long long time since I don't really draw a lot hehe

PS: I only wanted to buy these pencils because I got the inspiration to get good quality pencils by watching a German Youtuber who unboxed a subscribtion box of a German company and she had some really nice pencils inside, but I was to afraid to waste money on a subscribtion box where I maybe don't even need what they send me and I preffer wooden colored pencils since I was a small kid xD Also the Staedler pens I had allready are meh... 24 colors for 5€ is a nice price and they are maybe good for a kid in primary school but I was not too impressed with the way the color turned out and yeah... My "OMG I WANT GOOD PENCILS!" was also increasing after I saw from the same Youtuber how she (!!!) showed a 300€ expensive set of Japanese "Holbein"-wooden pencils, but bro I'm not good enough to draw and don't own a tank full of money, so yeah that was a no no to me, so I took the only good brand of colored pencils they had in the arts and crafts store here

BTW I said before I can't really draw and stuff but even tho I can't I was almost about to fully get my money wasted in the store cause they have so many nice stickers (They have a lot stickers with a Japan theme, but 3-4€ on a pack of like 10 sticker is rough tho...) and I also amost was about to get washi tape, cake decor, a new sketchbook,... and than I saw a pastel colored set of thicc Posca, but nope nope I am not good in drawing, don't draw much ... aaaand I'm poor

I guess I never was so happy about wooden colored pencils before like this <3

#1 JiminieKookie, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 1:21 PM
  2. freshfrog

freshfrog Newbie

Currency:
    Professional frog
    Faber-Castell pens are nice, good luck on drawing! Kind of made me interested in drawing traditionally again, I usually just draw with my tablet digitally nowadays.

3. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    Even if you don't draw, just going into an arts and craftstore feels nice somehow xD

Those I have seen here in Germany arn't as big as those you see on Youtube-videos of British or American artists but they are still very cool to look at xD

4. stratcat

stratcat Super Rookie

Currency:
    Tech
    Can you draw Rosé ;)

5. begginforthread

begginforthread stand inside your love

Currency:
Draft saved Draft deleted