I hate my Korean groupmates

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by einnejmik, Sep 18, 2019.

1. einnejmik

einnejmik Newbie

So I'm working on a project with them and didn't get to check the names included, only to find that everyone's arranged by seniority except me, who's placed at the bottom of the list, when I'm the most senior out of everyone with my ID number. I feel like if I call them out, it's like I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but what the fuck? Rude. Is it because I'm foreign? (I'm the only foreigner.)

I didn't have this experience with other Koreans, but some groupmates are intense. They want to meet twice a week for an hour for a presentation that's not even worth much of the grade. If my university's ranking weren't high, I wouldn't put up with the discrimination mentioned above. My god

2. momobabe

momobabe Rookie

congrats on debuting

3. einnejmik

einnejmik Newbie

Oh god hahaha I did not think of that. I mean schoolwork groupmates, but your reply was witty haha

momobabe likes this.
  4. Redan

Redan Public Figure

Lazy student
    Do you live in Korea?
    There are countless stories of discrimination against foreigners.

You shouldn't mention it as long as they don't expect you to treat them as your senior.
    The moment they do, you'll just mention that you're their senior(but stay friendly).
    It could just be a misunderstanding.

5. einnejmik

einnejmik Newbie

Yes, I do. The stories are true. I've heard that many foreign women are touched without their consent in public transportation. Thankfully, my experience is mostly Koreans speaking in banmal to me because I'm not as fluent.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind in the future! I told them to change the name orders by ID number without explaining before I saw your reply

Redan likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted