Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

I feel like Sana isn't genuine

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by BaffiAlButano, Aug 30, 2018.

1. BaffiAlButano

BaffiAlButano Trainee

Where i'm from se have this saying that's basically "playing dumb to not go to war". I think that describes accurately Sana. She uses this card to get attention and fans and i don't really like it. If you think that i'm wrong let me know why (without insulting me)

2. K_Pop_Captain

K_Pop_Captain Trendsetter

I think she's completely real, and just truly sweet as a person. People like that can be accused of being fake

3. Doug_Rife

Doug_Rife Trainee

I'm da BIG MAMA yall gon rezpekt!
    I meen doesn't erry idol have a charm/ taktic to gain fans' attention? It's almost lyke actin' but wit perphormers

4. LuhanHobiarelife

LuhanHobiarelife Celebrity

Tbh all big 3 idols are not genuine except yg probably and in gg you have to be in genuine and fake remember kpop is a money business gotta manipulate and enchant those fans to give you the $$$

5. mysteric_16

mysteric_16 Married to @HyunALegalWifeu

Being a delulu MeU
    Have you been 100% honest about anything in life? It’s sort of their job as idols to be likeable, and to be that likeable you need to be fake to some extent I guess. You can’t ever show your bad side or else you’re entire career is esstenially done for

deadleaves, jasque, Kaikat and 20 others like this.
  6. keyboardwarrior7

keyboardwarrior7 Trendsetter

She probably does play it up sometimes for fans, but that is a part of her personality I believe. She isn't always like that though.

That's only one part of her personality, and that's the part the media tends to focus on.

Casual listeners who don't follow her or Twice much might not see those different sides though.

7. Queeeenie

Queeeenie Public Figure

She isn't dumb, it's just that a lot of people don't sound as refined or intelligent in their second language.
    happy and nice people are what the world needs more of tbh

8. jimeous

jimeous Celebrity

9. Marianthi

Marianthi Public Figure

She is definitely not dumb. She is cute and a bit clumsy which doesn't always help her. She might be acting a bit but she's had this image since Sixteen and people loved her for that. You can still see her real self tho

10. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Rookie

I've been following Twice closely for quite some time, and I don't think Sana is "dumb" at all. She's always struck me as quick-witted and socially perceptive, even if she's sometimes a bit spacey or prone to non sequiturs. She's also a silly person with a lot of energy and a strong sense of humor. I find her to be quite genuine, and think it's very possible to be both intelligent and goofy. Does she play it up for the cameras sometimes? Sure; as an idol that's her literal job! But that doesn't mean it's a fake personality, just that she tries to show her best side to the camera, as celebrities are prone to do everywhere in the world :)

11. emanresu

emanresu Prominent

I was going to type up my own long answer but this pretty much says everything I wanted.

I think Sana is genuinely an exhibitionist sort of personality, which is different than being fake in my eyes. She appears to know her strengths and effect on people and plays to that strength with a rather large amount of social tact and skill.

I love her.

12. Kura2654

Kura2654 Newbie

Glad you're willing to share your opinion. When one has a personality similar to hers it can come off as fake or not genuine but its part of who she is plus the long answer that @Coelacanth gave pretty much answers your doubts

Coelacanth likes this.
  13. Meloverse

Meloverse Married to @Yeo_One

☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    Who cares? Is anyone ever really genuine?

14. WhiteWadeWilson

Neverland/Blink/Fromily/EXO-L/VIP/Blackjack/Melody
    both Sana and my UB Miyeon are clumsy queens, and I believe that, I don't think you can act clumsiness, well you can act playing cute but not clumsiness theres just some people born for it (btw I was mentioned in that video as well lmao) right @Soulless_Senpai ? defend your fave! haha

music838 and Soulless_Senpai like this.
  15. Anana_S

Anana_S Newbie

This isnt what the thread is about buddy

16. Flawedlearning

Flawedlearning Trainee

I am aware of this...but her obvious flirting and forced sexiness make me feel quite fed up

Nine_Y likes this.
  17. Lily_Angel

Lily_Angel Trainee

Student
    When I work I tend to have to greet customers with hello's and make them feel like a diamond and treat them like a queen. No matter how annoying they are or how irritated I am. I gotta make that coin. When you are working it's a hustle. Being an idol isn't about being genuine or real. I feel like girl idols have it really bad as well because they are always kinda forced to hold up to the whole "I'm cute or sexy or innocent and oblivious to all the men looking up my skirt" type of ordeal. In the end, it's just what sells. You don't make it for being authentic, the system drives off of facades. As long as what is working is working for her, it's working for her. If you don't like it then I'm sure you probably like another idols facade lol.

18. Soulless_Senpai

Sana eobsin, Sana mana
    Haha if you only see some chosen clips of her, I can see why you think that but Sana is far from fake. Sure, she exaggerates her personality a bit for the camera and she plays up the "gayness" around her members for laughs but having watched her from Sixteen, she's genuinely a very quick witted, social, spontaneous and optimistic person. I remember when they were split into 4 member teams and only Sana/Tzuyu showed up for practice- she really gave Dahyun an earful and assumed the leader role so effectively.

You also don't see Sana doing a lot of fake aegyo and stuff- it's just stuff she does naturally that goes viral coz she has that charm to her. And yes she can be slightly air headed and clumsy at times but overall she's a very positive person. Watching her brightens my day.

Kaikat, Flozo22, asuka16 and 5 others like this.
  19. WhiteWadeWilson

Neverland/Blink/Fromily/EXO-L/VIP/Blackjack/Melody
    ikr? watching our biases actions makes our day...much better to start/end tbh lol

Soulless_Senpai likes this.
  20. kddicted

kddicted Married to @Icy68446

♡Taeng stan♡
    I feel like what she shows is a small part of her personality, but it is genuine even though she exaggerates it at times
    She is cute, playful and silly but obviously there's more to her than that
    It's a part of her job to be likeable, and she does it well

Soulless_Senpai likes this.