I feel hurt by this line in kpop song !

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by DZico, Aug 6, 2016.

1. DZico

DZico Trendsetter

I know this may sound ridiculous to be but it hurt me , I feel so undesired and ugly all of suddenly :(

@00:32 , he say every man feel that way toward pretty girls , and then he say European , Asian , Caucasian girls
    .. ..
    like are only those three type girls beauty what about others who not in those three types of people .

I feel like they don't like me and that I have no place , that I am ugly :(:(:( .

I try to cheer myself and say it's just song but honestly it hit me hard and I am so sad .

I don't want anything , I just wanted to let this out cuz it's been on my head for days now , and I have no one to talk to about this:sweatr:

2. katahtattat

well all races are represented in europe, so youre included.

Sunami, its_zo and findtheakarun like this.
  3. apink6fairies

apink6fairies Trainee

I have no clue where you're from, but I think European may imply all races, so maybe that'll make you feel better? I can see why you would be a little sad, but don't think about it too much. They honestly most likely wrote those lyrics without thinking to themselves that all other races are ugly so let's not include all other races. It probably had to do with the beat so they were most likely trying to think of one more word that represented as many people as possible and added in European.

K_Lane_F and HannaLau like this.
  4. findtheakarun

findtheakarun Super Rookie

Professional Sassybish
    I'm not sure why he'd say both European and Caucasian separately unless European implies "Basically everything tbh"

5. nanuk

nanuk Trainee

Tbh, they can't list everything. Just what goes with the tempo/structure of the song. They all rhyme too so that plays a part.

HannaLau likes this.
  6. its_zo

its_zo Rookie

Sittin' on the internet
    I am aware that in North American terms 'Caucasian' means 'white' but even though it is very difficult to get much whiter than I am, I wouldn't identify myself as Caucasian. I'm English, I'm not from the Caucasus mountains (Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, southern Russia). Now THOSE people are Caucasians.

Incidentally, sticking to the North American definition however, Middle Easterners are Caucasian.

EDIT: *sends hug to OP*

SippinCha likes this.
  7. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Eating
    European does not apply to all races no clue why you would think that. Europeans are white.

my_eunhalove likes this.
  8. apink6fairies

apink6fairies Trainee

If they're talking simply about European people. than yes, European does apply to all races. In Europe, there are people of all races that identify as European. I don't think they would mean like European as in white because they already stated Caucasian, so I think they might just mean it as everything else.

9. Nini_Bear

Nini_Bear Newbie

which it does.

10. HannaLau

HannaLau Public Figure

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    this
    dont be sad !!
    [​IMG]

11. Aoki91

Aoki91 Trendsetter

Eating
    White Europeans do not see other races within Europe as being European. In de biggest melting pot Europe has London other races are identified by their ethnicity even tho they were born there and grew up there they would tell you you're a Pakistani woman before calling you a European woman regardless if you were born there or not. Because to them its not about your nationality but the color of your skin.

But I understand what you were trying to say. There are different races in certain parts of Europe. These races however don't even make up half and doubt even a quarter of the population of Europe, majority of Europe is white. And when people talk about Europeans the image is usually a white person.

An example would the words "European beauty standars"

#11 Aoki91, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  12. its_zo

its_zo Rookie

Sittin' on the internet
    Europe is an entire continent made up of lots of different countries so we wouldn't necessarily jump straight to the "I was born/grew up somewhere on the European continent, therefore I am European" in the first place. I would have thought that people around Europe instead would associate themselves more closely not only with their ethnic background but also what passport they have.

Maybe I've been drowning in too much politics and news articles relating to Brexit but when I saw this:

and also:

I did a bit of a [​IMG]

Identity is a complex topic because it is entirely down to the individual to decide what they identify with. You may refuse to acknowledge someone as belonging to a particular group of people, but that won't necessarily stop them from identifying with the thing you've tried to reject them from. For all you know, there may be people out there who in fact are not of an ethnic background originating in Europe but do in fact still consider themselves European as they grew up very immersed in the European cultures, have travelled to a few different countries, know several languages etc. etc.

So, in the sense of you having been born/grown up in a European country, are you yourself a black European? I'm assuming you're black from your profile picture

xwhisperx likes this.
  13. Darkyoda

Darkyoda Married to @peachHeaven

Buddy Gang
    They should've said Australia instead of Caucasian because using Caucasian after European is redundant.

14. Ruki_TM

Ruki_TM Newbie

An there Asia is. Asia doesn't mean every single country has ppl like Korean,Japanese or Chinese. That's Eastern Asia,while there is South Asia which is kinda dark colored ppl live in. So obviously We as South asians are not included in their beauty list and They don't give much attention either.

15. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Astronaut
    If race is the first that comes into their mind when they are talking about type of girls they like, i dont think i wanna be included in it to beging with.