Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

I DONT GET IT

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SinBuddy116, Sep 13, 2017.

1. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Rookie

I don't understand why kpop idols are expected to change every comeback. Why can't they have a style? In America if you're a rapper you rap...a country artist you sing country. So why can't a kpop group stay with one concept?? I know everyone wants my fave to change but honestly if they started sounding like Twice or RV I wouldn't be interested. Not because those groups don't sound good but because they ALREADY EXIST. And if they kept changing over and over what is it about them that keeps a fan interested? I like my group because of how they sound...maybe I'm weird.

jimeous, _Dalnim, centen and 3 others like this.
  2. Eziio

Eziio Star

Usually songs from the same concept keep becoming more and more similar so a switch-up is nice once in a while.

junmoneyyyy and GramStan like this.
  3. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

Idk I find it funny and amusing trying to discover their new hair colour or their concept

Yabie and peach_tae like this.
  4. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Rookie

Exactly it's stupid.

Juanlag likes this.
  5. Baltax

Baltax Artist

K-POP

6. Juanlag

Juanlag Artist

Just don't care about those who say that they've to change, if they keep releasing this type of music i'm going to enjoy it anyway, and their fans too, the people who complain aren't their fans, just casual listeners who can increase the success of the comeback, but if a group already have a good fandom (such as Gfriend) they don't really need them, the cfs and physicals are more than enough for them to have money and fans will be happy. There will always be people complaining about something.

LayZi, Buddy_SR, inverity and 2 others like this.
  7. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

...not really?... Maybe it's stupid for you but other people enjoy it like me lmao just let kpop fans do/think what they want...

8. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Rookie

You don't have to be rude. It's a question.

Juanlag likes this.
  9. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Rookie

To me it's stupid when a group gets dragged for not changing every time

centen, freysan and Juanlag like this.
  10. Yabs_Trash

Yabs_Trash Artist

But I didn't drag any group because of this lmao and I'm not saying that people should drag a group that has a "repetitive" concept. I personally like Gfriend and their concept so I don't know what are you talking about lol

junmoneyyyy and Juanlag like this.
  11. freakyfantasy

freakyfantasy Artist

Having a style is perfectly ok - the challenge is keeping your style and still make every song stand out from your previous comebacks. When people have to wait for keywords in the chorus to identify the song they're listening to, that's when it becomes a problem.

12. Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47 Legend

Tbh I think people are talking about the recycled sampling in GFriend's songs. Of course I don't mind it being recycled because I love GFriend's music. But a switch up wouldn't be so bad. It doesn't have to be in genre but like in song structure and lines allocation. GFriend's been sticking to a formula and all I ask is that SouMu changes it up a little. Obviously they don't have to but it would be nice to see.
    A complete 180 is a bad idea but a gradual progress in their musical direction wouldn't be so bad. Now, let's take Summer Rain, it's way more mature sounding than their previous singles. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they stick to the ballad/slow-tempo genre completely. It suits them and their voices. All they need to do is add a little more variety into their music and they should be fine.

anat4ever, Buddy_SR and lovingyumilk like this.
  13. ReadMyFanfic2

Ur sig

junmoneyyyy likes this.
  14. ReadMyFanfic2

it wasnt rude?

junmoneyyyy likes this.
  15. Puffinseyoo

Puffinseyoo Rookie

They dont need to chance for every comeback, it is only international fans that wants a change because they dont understand korean and get bored because of their low intelligence, when u are in Korea u want the same all the time if the concept is good.

ReadMyFanfic2 likes this.
  16. ReadMyFanfic2

I've seen groups that yes, change more frequently than american artists...but not every comeback.

CHange is good, as artists they shouldnt limit themselves. You can have a prefered style but refusing to venture out of one style because thats "their style" is very...If you CANT do anything beyond just one style....If your not capable enough........you better be the best artists of that style thats ever existed because if not.....than...(idk how to say in english but i hope you get what im trying to say) besides in kpop especially many times the aritst isnt even involved in the compostion of their songs.....so its what their compnay gives them. But still exploring a different concept and a different style proves their ability to adapt and shows their skill and variation is good sometimes for the artist and fans alike

Your right often times american artists stick to just one style....but the current popular artists in america arent really that great.

17. seungriseyo

seungriseyo Artist

you can stick to one genre and deliver different beats tho
    but when all your songs sound the same then i lose interest

junmoneyyyy likes this.
  18. Baltax

Baltax Artist

No one is being rude, I was just pointing out the fact that you want K-POP artist (from Korea) to have the same (boring) concepts as westerns artists, there is a reason why they don't do it that way and, for some of us, the reason why we are fans of k-pop.

ReadMyFanfic2 likes this.
  19. katahtattat

it's hard to grow and evolve as an artist, especially as a group, so most kpop acts have to change costumes to hide that they can't.

20. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Rookie

I never said you did? I'm talking about people in general