Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

How long do you think Twice's popularity is gonna last?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by soneaddict7, Dec 7, 2016.

1. soneaddict7

soneaddict7 Artist

Professional fangirl
    No doubt they are no.1 group atm. If this continues, I can see them selling well over 300k for their next album and it may keep increasing. But usually most groups peak by their 5th year after which they start declining.

So how long do you think Twice is gonna last?

I think it depends on how long and how well JYP manages them. Looking at their success now- it can either go up or remain stable till another group comes along. Statistically speaking they won't be declining any time soon if they really have a loyal fanbase that will stick with them and they aren't just a trend or a 'bubble'.

But then again, I have my doubts because not every group survives for long after their popularity escalates this quickly except a rare few. Please share your thoughts and don't be rude. :)

#1 soneaddict7, Dec 7, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  2. becci

becci Legend

I think they'll stay popular for several more years and gain more and more fans until their disbandment unless they have a really big scandal.

music838, rjkoya3579, makan and 3 others like this.
  3. searchme

searchme Artist

Y'all can't wait for them to fall off.

4. BAPElf

BAPElf Entertainer

They may end up like EXO, their popularity shot high after a year from debut and continued till now,..

Or like Wonder Girls where another girl group takes their crown in their 'slump'.

But this all depends on how JYP manages them... I just hope he doesn't produce their next songs, becausee the JYP curse seems to come from his songs...

5. raquelrope

raquelrope Artist

They are pretty girls. Twice can be considered a potencial girl group. They're not known by porweful vocals or jaw opening dance but they can improve with time. They need to change the lines distrubution from "Only Jihyio, who is the main vocal but lacks a lot" to "Now is time for Nayeon who have a really nice tone and Jungyeon who is the most stable of all them".
    I read a comment saying that Twice is not talented so they will last until they are pretty. I don't think so. Twice can be bigger than SNSD if they REALLY work to improve. But if they don't improve, they will last long anyway because JYP will always provide new *stuck in your head" songs.

6. Cutecocoa21

Cutecocoa21 Entertainer

Tbh, a lot of people criticize them for the lack of vocal talent, but that doesn't seem to affect their sales at all. so i'm guessing their sales should continue increasing for their new few albums for a while. Also they're not really sticking to one concept so people won't be as bored, but they should stop the cutesy/bubbly concept after cheer up, TT and bring out a like ooh ahh concept again.

7. KawaiiSamii

Lmao whats with you and this whole "Twice trend "Twice popularity wont last"

The thing is NONE of us know. NONE of us have a crystal ball. None of us can see the future. None of us can know for sure. People were estimating when SNSD had Gee and everyone had their own opinion "10 YEARS" "2 YEARS" "5 MONTHS"
    No one can know for sure. I know the thougt of Twice not lasting long gives you a hard on but please refrain from stressing over it. Its not that deep. Twice are currently 3rd gen queens alongside GF,MM,BP, and RV. Find your chill. If anything happens then it happens. Get over it.

music838, ypmonce, ambersky11 and 9 others like this.
  8. Yaya_1

Yaya_1 Artist

Longer than most people would like. Especially allthricepop :D

music838, makan, ambersky11 and 6 others like this.
  9. Yaya_1

Yaya_1 Artist

Trends don't sell 220k copies. Legends do that. Until a group from This generation surpasses twice debut album sales, their popularity is going to last for at least 30 years

makan, ambersky11, shubhajan and 3 others like this.
  10. WickedOppa

WickedOppa Star

Regardless of how long they last, I'll still be a fan...

music838, makan, ambersky11 and 2 others like this.
  11. Castor

Castor Artist

until bighit debut their girl group.. which is like in next 5-6 years so Twice will be the queens for next 5-6 years straight im never wrong on this....

and SM,JYP,YG new GGs will debut so more competition but i don't see em having anything on Twice since Twice will be the NGG and Gfriend will be the rival Twice will have :cool:

ambersky11 and shubhajan like this.
  12. bonbonfairy

bonbonfairy Artist

hmmm... I don't know @Yaya_1 ... 30 years is a long time... maybe 29 years??? I just cannot see Twice still being popular in 30 years, sorry twice fans omg!! : (

13. soneaddict7

soneaddict7 Artist

Professional fangirl
    LOL Why can't I discuss about Twice's popularity? I'll post discussion threads on anything I want to discuss about. Please don't assume that I'm 'stressing' over it. Am I curious? Sure. Is this discussion interesting? It is. Do I think they are a trend? Maybe. *shrug*

I have my opinions and you have yours. I'll "get over it" when I want to. Till then I am gonna enjoy reading people's posts. Yours was interesting as well. :)

MonstaXisLife, emanresu and iisstf28 like this.
  14. Yaya_1

Yaya_1 Artist

why you drop only one year? Lol your funny. Okay maybe 60?

bonbonfairy likes this.
  15. soneaddict7

soneaddict7 Artist

Professional fangirl
    IDK why I can imagine this happening. But it's gonna be a pure chance and even if a group becomes popular, it will be hard to top their current sales. It's so, so impressive.

I agree. Twice atm are pretty much unbeatable if they show good improvement. There will be nothing left to criticize them over since vocals seem to be the biggest issue with most people (me too).

OMG YES. I loved them during the Ooh Ahh era so much!! If they went back to that kind of a concept, I might be their fan again.

MonstaXisLife and Juanlag like this.
  16. KawaiiSamii

I am not saying you cant discuss it. I am not your master. I dont control what you do. Do what you want boo. I just know what triggered you into making this thread. Have your opinion. Thats cool! But all youre doing is wasting your time tbh. But its your life and you can do what you want.

17. raquelrope

raquelrope Artist

me too ;)

18. soneaddict7

soneaddict7 Artist

Professional fangirl
    Cool. Makes sense.
    I have made a lot of threads on Twice before too FYI. ;)

Juanlag likes this.
  19. borabora_97

borabora_97 Artist

y'all like....im a once but when will these threads end. i see the same ones repeated every dang day

ambersky11, Marianthi and Ayumi9 like this.
  20. Aurora_love

Aurora_love Rookie

After SNSD there are no other groups who have the same kind of popularity like twice, their song love by public and their album sales increase every time they comeback. they are the first after SNSD who broke 100k hanteo sales. Groups like EXID, Crayon Pop, Gfriend blow up to public becouse of their song, but their album sales aka fandom is far away from twice. Twice is like SNSD in term of growing on popularity but they doing it in more shorter time.

shubhajan and NightDay1 like this.