Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

How do you think Blackpink's album will do?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by EazyC, Feb 12, 2018.

1. EazyC

EazyC Memorable

Promoting Twice and EXO
    I'm not too sure...I reckon around they will sell 40k,only if it's easy for I-fans to get. Some people think it's going to sell 1 million+ and compete with boy groups where as some think it's not going to do well.

What do you think YG will do if the album doesn't sell well? And why do you think it will/won't sell well?

I personally think it won't do too well as they don't have a very strong fanbase,only because of the lack of content and promotions. I just have a gut feeling it won't do as well as everyone is hoping.

I feel like YG will put all their songs on this album and add 2 or something ridiculous like that!!! is this album even coming? Nothing has been confirmed as far as I know.

Anyways...what is your opinion and how do you think they will do?

2. godvelvet

godvelvet Married to @Drug

ℒℴѵℯ❤ℐ.ℬ
    i think they would have albums sales just like 2ne1

kimjisoo likes this.
  3. Izzie2019

Izzie2019 Trainee

As long as digital sales are good, yg will be happy. Yg never did amazing in physical sales, they relay way more in digital. I dont think they can beat 2ne1 in digital sales however they will do very well.

pleasehelpme and fiia like this.
  4. Lubby00

Lubby00 Leader

I’d say 50k-70k

5. lolita98

lolita98 Newbie

6. Mynty

Mynty Rookie

lmao
    [​IMG]
    in all honesty though i think they'll sell really well probably around 50k or more but under 100k imo

7. Fantastic7

Fantastic7 Newbie

i think it will sell fine since many blinks have been waiting for an album

pleasehelpme likes this.
  8. rjkoya3579

rjkoya3579 Public Figure

i don't think they're gonna sell 1 m but if they promote it well, they could probs sell around 100k maybe idk

lulinolcy24 and pleasehelpme like this.
  9. PringleGoddess

PringleGoddess Trainee

I'd be very shocked if they reached 100k which would actually be an amazing number. For one YG artists have never had amazing physical sales. Secondly they have almost no fandom in Korea where the vast majority of album sales come from. Thirdly their Japanese album didn't exactly light up the charts. When you compare the Billboard Japan and Oricon numbers only like 5,000 of the copies sold from their debut Japanese album were shipped outside of Japan... I just don't have much faith in international BP fans.

The fact that YG hasn't released an album for them yet is very telling. Especially when you consider he gives all of his other artists physical releases on a regular basis. Even Winner and iKON's singles are released physically. If YG thought they could sell 1 million+ copies then they would have an album. No one just throws away the easy money and the amazing publicity that would come from selling 1 million albums. Even BTS didn't sell 1 million albums until Wings and they have a much larger and much more passionate fandom.

#9 PringleGoddess, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  10. maragana

maragana Newbie

I honestly see it selling 50K-75K copies. Anything less would be a disappointment and anything more would be a plus.

As mentioned above, YG doesn't pride itself in physical copies sold, but by digital sales and how well the songs chart. If the album contains a couple of extra songs apart from the promotional track and the songs already released, then I could see it selling more because BLINKs are hungry for more Black Pink songs.

It's also tough to gauge BP's fanbase in Korea. They've been featured in a lot of endorsements but we don't know how well that translates in sales. Internationally, Black Pink are one of the most popular new generation groups, but most of the album sales come from Korean fans. Their first EP sold over 50K copies in Japan, so I don't see how they could sell less in Korea.

11. choi_yuna_bias

Buddy
    I think it will be around 50k-60k or even 70k considering their lack of promotions in Korea which would inevitably result to a smaller fandom and thus, less sales from the country that matters the most. They have a very strong international fandom but all we're good at is bragging Youtube views. I think only a small fraction of their i-fandom will put an effort to buy and ship their album.

pleasehelpme likes this.
  12. Blacknwhite

Over 100k

pleasehelpme and NoCookie90 like this.
  13. Ayumi9

Ayumi9 Rookie

Didn’t they have the 3rd biggest single last year? I say 100k. Why not?

NoCookie90 likes this.
  14. austen

austen Newbie

50-100K physical copies

pleasehelpme likes this.
  15. Chaittra

Chaittra Icon

I'll put it at 50k... promotion matters a lot and I don't think YG does well in that department.

Besides Y'all are right, we to predict 2 news songs plus the rest that are already released. So doing 50k should actually be good.

I don't have faith in I-blinks either... It all really depends but THAI BLINKS, on the other hand, are going to be the anchor for Blinkation. I can honestly say Thai blinks are the one to decide if album sales go well or not.

#15 Chaittra, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. jenstals

jenstals Icon

Placing my bets on 50-75k if it's a mini with new songs as promised. 30-40k if it is a compilation of all their old songs plus one or two new ones. My prediction for their Japanese album turned out to be correct too, so..

pleasehelpme likes this.
  17. Suzan

Suzan Memorable

EXO's Mama
    Lol I guess I’m a little too optimistic compared to everyone else here. I seriously think they’d surpass 100k easily. Especially with how thirsty the fandom is for their album. Not to mention they seem to have one of the strongest fandoms out of the girl groups right now. They’ll definitely be able to surpass 100k if their I-fandom has an easy time buying their albums. If we’re relying only on their k-fandom then I do agree that their sales may be somewhere around the 50k mark since most of their popularity comes from I-fans.

Nana4Days and pleasehelpme like this.
  18. InfiresRedAngel

InfiresRedAngel Notable

Theorist, Activist
    I think it really depends on their title track

lulinolcy24 likes this.
  19. zodiark

zodiark Star

#1 Jennie Stan
    I've never seen anyone say they will sell 1+ million... Anyways I just know I will buy the album, probably multiple copies and I hope it will be a good album. I will go safe and say 50,000+, but don't underestimate BP's Thai fandom which will help a lot too. Their Japanese album was released in Thailand in November and sold out like instantly, we don't have numbers unfortunately though.

Many people said their Japanese album would only sell like 20-25k but it sold 62k and is still selling, so I hope they will surprise people once again.

20. choi_yuna_bias

Buddy
    I totally forgot about Thailand. Yeah they might just give BP a huge boost.

pleasehelpme and zodiark like this.