How do you feel about Wild Exotic Animals being pets?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JonathanNC, May 16, 2019.

?

Do you think people should be allowed to own Wild Exotic Animals as pets?

1. Yes, I do

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, It is a bad idea waiting to happen

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    I would like to ask you guys about something that has been on my mind a lot lately, What are your thoughts on the ownership of wild exotic animals?
    Personally for me, I think the idea of owning a dangerous wild animal like a Python is a bad idea as they were never meant to be someone's pet, they were meant to be wild animals.
    If you ask me, And this is just how I feel personally about this, I think these kind of animals shouldn't be allowed to be pets and permits to own these types of animals should only be given to zoos.
    But again, This is just how I feel, How do you guys feel about this? Do you think that wild exotic animals should be allowed to be pets or do you agree with me that it is a bad idea?

howmoist likes this.
  2. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
  3. Narumaki66

Narumaki66 Public Figure

I'd say it depends on which animal. My friend, for example, has 2 tortoises and nothing bad has ever happened, they look really cute. On the other hand, there are people owning TIGERS and letting them roam around in their garden or yard which is completly unresponsible in my opinion, you can't just tame thousands of years of instinctive behavior like it's nothing

JonathanNC likes this.
  4. howmoist

howmoist Super Rookie

It's wrong and almost like torture. It's not their natural habitat and they can become obese and depressed - let's not even mention the other risks, such as the animal physically harming someone. Why would one ruin an animals life just because they "want it?" Pretty selfish of people to be that greedy

5. JonathanNC

JonathanNC Trainee

Music/Anime Fan
    I should have mentioned this earlier but according to my Mother her Aunt once had both a skunk and a spider monkey as a pet.
    Which is really weird if you ask me. (My mother said she had no idea where my Great Aunt even got the Skunk and the Spider Monkey from.)

Draft saved Draft deleted