Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

How do you feel about quiet people?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bebe, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Bebe

Bebe Married to @twinklingtwinkly

Some people really hate it, I've been screamed at and had someone tried to kick me out of where we were staying because I was ''too quiet and a stuck up bitch'' because I literally never talk, thats it..
    Another person got super pissed at me because I quietly waited on the couch until there was walkway room to the kitchen as they were moving stuff and I didn't want to be in the way, but because I didn't say anything it was seen as rude?
    Do you hate quiet people?

2. transparent

transparent Trainee

You live with some insufferable people

EazyC likes this.
  3. EazyC

EazyC Prominent

Promoting Twice and EXO
    I don't mind quiet people,it is the way people naturally are so why have a go at someone?

4. Bebe

I don't live with those people now, it was while couch surfing for a short bit and those 2 places last like a week because those people admittedly were just massive asshats :confused:

LuhansGreenHair likes this.
  5. momamae

momamae Rookie

It's not that I dont like quiet people, but depending on the situation it's just frustrating when the person simply doesnt replies enough to keep a conversation. Feels like the person doenst likes you.
    I think about it as unpolite.

It doenst means I'd yell at the person or kick him or her.

6. Baltax

Baltax Rookie

I am VERY quiet, that's why I decided to work from home, some people at my last job really thought I was stuck up.
    But the truth is sometimes I don't have anything to say or I'm afraid I'm going to ridiculed (as it has happened before)

7. Bebe

yeah, usually when i speak or spoke before i got talked over or people just ignore me so i stick with saying nothing now. i already know people arent actually interested in what i have to say so i just keep it to myself

LuhansGreenHair and Baltax like this.
  8. Bara

Bara Rookie

Buddy
    I think there's a difference between quiet and ignorant
    A quiet is like passive to anything but still responsed when i talked to them. They also know their responsibility as a colleague
    An ignorant is just super introverted and don't even response or care about his/her surroundings
    Yeah I dislike the second one

9. Bebe

I must come from a different planet because how can you guys stand loud people who never shut up it feels. on job is one thing and imo thats just bad work ethnic, but if it's not job related, then why is it so bad to just mind your business?

10. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Rookie

Teacher at Cromartie high
    Same...it's true we're a hated breed.

People expect like we can just go to the doctor and get surgery for changing into a happy personality or something. It doesn't matter if you're the politest person or the most diligent at work if you dont senselessly keep yapping and making conversation I don't even fucking care about - they side eye you and make fun of you behind your back

11. Bebe

it's even better when they complain you don't talk enough or you're ''too quiet'' when they're the same person first to talk over you and not actually care about a single word to come out of your mouth.

LuhansGreenHair and Blaenavon9 like this.
  12. Blaenavon9

Blaenavon9 Rookie

Teacher at Cromartie high
    I said the same thing on a different thread here once..they complain about me being anti social and then cut me off mid sentence whenever I do wanna say something.

I mean like you learn to like me the way I am or you ignore me.don't act like I belong in jail for being different from you

LuhansGreenHair and Bebe like this.
  13. AnotherKpopTrash

I hate quiet people because I hate myself jk

I have no problem with quiet people. And I don't think I've ever had someone get angry about me being quiet thankfully. That sounds awful if people do that.

14. Bara

Bara Rookie

Buddy
    Unfortunately it's job related and i think we have different perception about ignorant people.
    A guy in my group is so ignorant that he never come to group meetings to talk about the assignment we had, He only asked for his part in group chat. We gave him the easiest since we didn't know about his capacity and we didn't want to fuck up coz the deadline was close. Eventhough he still got the smallest grade afterwards, we were still pissed about it.

For you, if you were my colleague i think i'd call you a quiet since you still did your job well.

15. kodoku

kodoku Icon

the only thing that bothers me in people is malice. quiet people are cool, i'm often like that too

16. Spinereader

Spinereader Trendsetter

Better to be quiet than never shut up! If you were loud people would get on your back about being obnoxious. So long as you aren't purposely ignoring everyone you're doing nothing wrong.

17. AandyVale

AandyVale Rookie

I'm a quiet person myself when there are sooooo many people around so i don't really mind them because i kinda know how thwy are.

But it can sometimes be quite annoying when i'm talking to a person and he/she is quiet, like i want a reaction sometimes but i try to respect them.

Draft saved Draft deleted