How do you celebrate easter?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sunny0206, Apr 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. sunny0206

sunny0206 Rookie

Currency:
    Today's my first time in 4 years that I'm celebrating easter. After I moved to Korea I haven't celebrated easter since they don't have it and I don't find it very important since I don't have my family. The only important holiday I've celebrated is Christmas, since it's the most important one, as well as my favourite.

Here in Norway, at my mom's (dad lives in Sweden) she is making lamb in the oven with potatoes, garlic and carrots. Also we are enjoying wine and cold beer. How do you do? Or what do you eat?

2. rebelheart

rebelheart Super Rookie

Currency:
    As an adult, I've never celebrated it before. But it would be a great excuse to gorge on Easter sweets like Peeps, Cadbury Creme Eggs, and Chocolate bunnies. Easter > Halloween

sunny0206 likes this.
  3. JiminieKookie

JiminieKookie Professional ATEEZ and A.C.E stan

Currency:
    Park Junhee-stan| Stan A.C.E stan talent!
    As I was a kid we did the traditional easter-stuff at home wich ment we blew out eggs, colored the shell, hung them up as decorations, ate colored eggs a lot (my mom thought it was the best to buy allready colored eggs to eat) and at the easter sunday I had to run trought our garden to collect eggs and candy and sometimes some gifts unless I visited my grandparents than I did this on the monday because if I visited my grandparents they did a seperate search for myself, wich was one year stressfull cause my grandma was like "but the easterbunny told me there was another piece of candy!" she forgot where sheput it and so 3 years later as she cut a bush she found the rotten candy...

After I turned like 11 years old we stoped to do all of this except for eating the colored eggs

sunny0206 likes this.
  4. prodigy210

prodigy210 Leader

Currency:
    family get together, bbg, easter egg hunt, candy, confetti eggs, peeps are a must

sunny0206 likes this.
  5. NorthernAurora

NorthernAurora Public Figure

Currency:
    When I was young, my parents used to put candy in an egg and hide it somewhere in our cabin for me and my little sister to find. Then in the evening we'd eat good dinner and sit in the sauna. And if we weren't in our cabin around Easter we'd go to church.

This year I got put to work during my small Easter break so I could do none of those things. :(

Draft saved Draft deleted