How Did You Get Into Kpop?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Vikki

Vikki Married to @Girl_Crush

Currency:
    Time waster
    I used to like watching the Try Guys on Buzzfeed, and in one of their episodes they reacted to kpop. For some reason, I had the idea that kpop was mostly cutesy music, which isn't really my style. I kind of liked Party by SNSD, but then they played Bang Bang Bang, and I really liked it and it was different than what I was expecting. My friend recomended Spring Day by BTS to me(it was released a few days prior) but I didn't really like it. The first groups other than Big Bang that I liked was Shinee after watching Lucifer, and I started discovering more 2nd gen groups and songs, along with a couple more recent groups like Nu'est and BAP. Now, I've been listening to a lot more groups, most of them 3rd gen, but I still love older songs like Fiction and Mirotic because they were the ones that I found and liked first.

emanresu likes this.
  2. SinBuddy116

SinBuddy116 Trendsetter

Currency:
    Buddy Gang
    Mines quite random....
    Before I liked kpop I was into Korean beauty (Koreans skin care is no joke) so I was watching this chick on YouTube talk about it and a suggested video was Gfriend Me Gustas Tu. I was like oh there so pretty and entertaining so I watched all of their videos up until then (most recent at the time was navillera) so then I became obsessed with gfriend and of course if you're watching a gfriend mv on YouTube it suggests twice so there's obsession #2 and it keeps going...

emanresu likes this.
  3. smhitzvictoria

smhitzvictoria Super Rookie

Currency:
    by clicking random videos

emanresu likes this.
  4. cp26

cp26 Married to @Jimimi17

Currency:
    Jimimi17's trophy wife
    Fine bros reaction to I Got A Boy i was shook and in love with Sooyoung

emanresu likes this.
  5. aceoelvis

aceoelvis Super Rookie

Currency:
    I was on the chat website omegle in like 2010/2011 and someone sent me a link to Gee and I said something that made the person upset (something along the lines of "this reminds me of Rebecca Black") and they cursed at me

Fast forward 2 years and I found the video to Gee and sent it to my friends making fun of it i was like 14 at the time. I started watching more of snsd's videos and I didn't like them that much i still dont but because I watched those videos youtube started recommending other kpop groups to me like big bang and 4minute and I liked those

6. Cyddc

Cyddc Trainee

Currency:
    Student
    I was surrounded by EXO and BTS fans at school during orientation week. So I decided to check out BTS again (I think I checked out the JP version of Blood Sweat and Tears a long time ago?) and I either watched Dope or Not Today, but either way I remember really liking the tune of the song and the dancing, so I checked out more MVs and then I got into their Try not to laugh vids and introduction vids. I am now deep in ARMY hole. Recently, I've been digging a bit into the GOT7 MVs and Funny moments as well, cuz GOT7 and BTS are friends and so are their fandoms.

7. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    GFRIEND and TWICE.

Not a bad introduction.

I stan both. So you're in good company.

;)

SinBuddy116 likes this.
  8. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    SNSD slays again!

They've managed to get a whole slew of people into kpop it seems, me included.

:)

cp26 likes this.