How Did You Get Into Kpop?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Sep 3, 2017.

1. truechoi

truechoi Trendsetter

Currency:
    Onew's illegal wife
    I lied :) (to put it simply)

emanresu likes this.
  2. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Yoona has that effect on people.

:yesr:

This was a detailed and interesting route to kpop!

Thanks for sharing!

3. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    You're the 2nd user who mentioned radio as having slyly got them into game.

Someone send a letter to Pandora and thank those guys!

Thanks for sharing your story!

:)

inverity likes this.
  4. AMGOAT

AMGOAT Rookie

Currency:
    ORBIT
    Last year, I went from watching CL's 'Lifted' and seeing 'Gotta be you' in the recommended videos. I clicked cause of the girl with bangs. I watched, and everything was all good and awesome. Suddenly, the music stayed getting intense with Dara's 'It ain't over till it's over' (x2).

Then... thhEN PARK BOM CAME OUT WITH HER AMAZING VOICE COLOR BEAUTY OF A SOUND AND STARTED SINGING THE CHORUS WHICH DESERVES A GRAMMY AND AN OSCAR EVEN IF IT AINT A MOVIE AND WHAT NOT BUT HOLY I WAS HOOKED AND BOM WAS SINGING AND IT WAS WONDEROUS AND THEN I BINGED WATCHED ALL 2NE1 MUSIC VIDEOS IN THE SAME NIGHT I THINK AND THEN THE REST IS HISTORY BUT ALL I KNOW IS THAT SLEEP DIDNT MATTER THAT NIGT CAUSE I WAS READY TO DIVE RIGHT INTO KPOP AND GUESS WHAT??? I STILL DONT SLEEP AT NIGHT CAUSE OF KPOP AND ME JUST LISTENING TO EVERYTHING LIFE IS GOOD THANKS UB PARK BOM!

L_catzzz and emanresu like this.
  5. lolkyeopta

lolkyeopta Super Rookie

Currency:
    my cousin liked kpop and was like watch this it's called snsd gee and i was like.....brooooo...........
    but now im like.....
    bro...........................thanks

emanresu and kddicted like this.
  6. kddicted

kddicted Married to @Icy68446

Currency:
    ♡Taeng stan♡
    That's cute~ Yoona from the start
    Well BAP was super popular when I was in 8'th grade so I knew what Kpop was but I was so done with people talking about it. I got kicked out of my 8'th grade group for mocking Kpop lmao. My Chinese 'Friend' introduced me by forcing me to listen to catch me if you can, lion heart, party, I got hooked when she showed me mr mr
    Now I'm stuck lmao

L_catzzz, emanresu and Eithra like this.
  7. keylover0923

keylover0923 Rookie

Currency:
    In 2011 when I was 11 years old I used to be a piece of crap and I was reading Shugo Chara fanfiction (I'm sorry) that was based on the Korean drama You're Beautiful so I watched the drama and fell in love with Lee Hongki who was one of the main cast.
    I found his group FT Island (my first group) and watched him on the old Korean variety show Oh My School! which featured a lot of idols as both fixed cast and guests so I pretty much learned about all the idols and groups that came on the show.
    Minho was always a fixed cast member but when Onew guested they danced Ring Ding Dong which got me super interested so I watched the MV, fell in love with Key with his iconic black hair & black outfit combo and the rest is history.

8. Riaxe

Riaxe Trendsetter

Currency:
    being not funny
    some curiosity n it killed the cat

L_catzzz, Yuki_the_dog and emanresu like this.
  9. PopCandy

PopCandy Celebrity

Currency:
    My friend got into bts and kept sending me photos of Jin and videos of them. Fell in love with their choreos first, and then their rapping, and then just fell in love with them, lol.

emanresu and Alastrina like this.
  10. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    You can't tease me like that!

Where's the detail?

I must know! Or I will forever wonder!

:waterr:

truechoi likes this.
  11. Elf_lover

Elf_lover Leader

Currency:
    I think I've mentioned this a thousand times. It was through my daughter who was 9 at the time in 2011. She introduced me to SBS PopAsia which was the starting point to my interest in K pop. I'm very grateful for that because of her I'm now a fan of SuJu and all the older gen groups.

yoonbread and emanresu like this.
  12. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Lol.

That's funny.

:)

13. Z_Rose

Z_Rose Newbie

Currency:
    BIGBANG

yoonbread, L_catzzz and emanresu like this.
  14. reveluvs

reveluvs Celebrity

Currency:
    i have a long story LOL. ok in 2013 ? i think, i watched youtube a lot (i was like 13) and i would watch youtubers react videos and one day i saw this youtubers react to kpop video and i was like um whats this? Sidenote: no one where i live listened to kpop back then like even now i NEVER meet ppl that listen to kpop so it was so new to me. so i watched it and they were reacting to snsd i got a boy music video...and i watched the mv on my own and i thought it was SO WEIRD i was so weirded out by it...i was like why is there so many ppl (the IGAB mv is like really extra like even for kpop) so at the time it was too much for me, it wasnt a good impression of kpop for me and the youtubers thought they were saying i got a boy on my chin and i got a boy chicken (instead of meotjin & chakan) and i thought so too so thats why i thought it was even weirder CTFU but yeah so then i didnt look into it anymore bc i thought it was weird. Ok then in 2014 i had a fifth harmony twitter acc and i noticed some ppl switching to kpop and i was like uh? so THEN in june of 2016 one of my mutuals that liked fifth harmony kept retweeting mamamoo and i was like who are these girls bc they seemed really interesting to me (i didnt know it was kpop) and then i talked to my ex (lol) abt kpop and i was like is kpop one group? and theyre like no its a genre of music and i was like oh! and i wanted to google it but my ex was like no kpop sucks its stupid! so i didnt look into for a while but finally i ignored them and finnally looked mamamoo up and yeah the first song i heard by them made me feel happy and ever since then i only payed attention to mamamoo until i started discovering more groups that i liked even more and yeah thats my story lmao.

#34 reveluvs, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    emanresu likes this.
  15. pinkshrimp

pinkshrimp Newbie

Currency:
    Every Friday night, there was always anime airing at night. I would watch Inuyasha with my older sisters (I was like wee baby -- I think 8-9 years old). Anyways, it was one of the earlier ending songs of the anime series, 'Every Heart' by BoA. The song was sang so beautifully so I began following her which led me into kpop later.

Lumna, emanresu, Eithra and 1 other person like this.
  16. All_Star

All_Star Super Rookie

Currency:
    a friend posted snsd's the boys on my fb....and watched the mv and in the recommendations there was suju's superman and became a fan immediately....

17. Buddy_SR

Buddy_SR Super Rookie

Currency:
    I think when I get into kpop because of BoA

when I was a kid, my hobby is playing JRPG game, and I love listen OST game, so that time I get into JPop because of that.
    and in Jpop song was I like it is Every Heart by BoA.

at the time I don't know she was korea artist
    a few years later I found BoA music video with a language which I don't know that is Number 1 by BoA

Then I found Bigbang Haru-haru era later I found SNSD, Wonder girl and the rest

18. jenstals

jenstals Leader

Currency:
    Haru Haru - Bigbang

My cousin showed it to me and I fell down the Bigbang hole ever since, followed by 2NE1 and f(X)..

yoonbread, L_catzzz and emanresu like this.
  19. Yabie

Yabie Star

Currency:
    I fell in love when i saw DBSK Hug music video.
    I was into jpop and rock at that time and somehow my curiosity led me to check other asian songs, not just japanese.
    2006. was it i think yeah.
    and i liked cjpop, jpop and kpop all 3 at the same time.

20. rinah108

rinah108 Trendsetter

Currency:
    back in january 2011. i saw a picture of Taemin (from Lucifer MV) on my friend's facebook profile~ i decided to check him out, i discovered Shinee and fell in love with them :) a day later, i found out that a popular singer from my country had plagiarized Lucifer in her new song (that's how my friend found about shinee i guess) lmao
    that made me stan them even more

emanresu likes this.