NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

How can you lose weight in a short period of time?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by haj1ma, Dec 29, 2020.

1. haj1ma

haj1ma Super Rookie

Currency:
    I am 5'8/174cm and I weight around 70kg,154lbs.

How can I lose 4 kg asap without starving myself? My cousin wedding is next week and I want to look good.

jasque, 10vely and cherry-boy like this.
  2. WNter

WNter Rookie

Currency:
    You can loose 2 kg maximum.

#2 WNter, Dec 29, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
    haj1ma likes this.
  3. haj1ma

haj1ma Super Rookie

Currency:
    How? Please teach me. :eek:

4. L_catzzz

L_catzzz ✲✩ Permaignored by Johnny ✩✲

Currency:
    Eat a lot of fat burner foods like veggies, fruits and exercise.

5. WNter

WNter Rookie

Currency:
    Work out and count calories eating 20-30% less than your daily calorie consumption.
    Here is a good BMR calculator: https://www.calculator.net/bmr-calculator.html
    Subtract 20-30% from the resulting number that includes your activity level.

haj1ma likes this.
  6. cherry-boy

cherry-boy Legend

Currency:
    YG Representative :moneyk:
    You can lose way more but it's extremely unhealthy.

lidora and StCatMouse like this.
  7. WNter

WNter Rookie

Currency:
    OP asked "without starving". ;)

cherry-boy likes this.
  8. cherry-boy

cherry-boy Legend

Currency:
    Sure, a lot of ways. In fact, they REQUIRE a lot of eating. People who have done wrestling and boxing know what I'm talking about.

9. WNter

WNter Rookie

Currency:
    I see, such weight loss is more caused by dehydration than the actual fat loss.

cherry-boy likes this.
  10. cherry-boy

cherry-boy Legend

Currency:
    You can burn fat too but it's dangerous on the body and only really works if you are already in great shape.

11. 10vely

10vely Public Figure

Currency:
    Ningning's aunt
    I always give the same advice but switch all your drinks to water, no exceptions
    also don't skip dinner but eat only one portion and eat something like yogurt, papaya or watermelon

12. glitglpwm

glitglpwm Super Rookie

Currency:
    You can't. You can lose 1kg. That is the recommended amount for one week.

13. howmoist

howmoist Super Rookie

Currency:
    You can't lose that much in a week, but here's my general advice for weight loss.

TRIGGER WARNING: if you currently have or if you're recovering from an eating disorder, I advise you to STOP reading this post, as it may encourage those restrictive patterns. The advice I'm giving is not for EVERYONE, just for those who want to lose a bit of weight. If you're already at a healthy weight, don't do this. If you're underweight, definitely don't follow this.

Try intermittent fasting. Most people on this diet skip breakfast and replace it with green tea or such. It's basically a fancy way of saying to skip a meal. I personally don't do this, but it's a popular diet and should be effective for weight loss. As far as beverages go, only drink water and/or green tea.

Count your calories - watch out for this one because once you start this habit, it gets tricky to quit. You'd be surprised how many calories a teaspoon of honey or half an avocado has. Try to do your own research about this because I don't feel right giving you a number of calories to stick to every day.

Eat foods that are easier for the body to digest, such as veggies (opt for the ones without starch). Drink soups with almost 100% veggie content. I recommend these ingredients in a soup: cabbage, celery, onion, French beans, bell pepper, lentils.

NO read meats. You can have lean meats, like chicken and fish, but eat these sparingly.

Eat smaller portions. Stop adding oil to your foods. If you "have" to add oil to the pan to cook something, change up the way you cook it. Put it in the oven on foil or paper to ensure it doesn't stick. You don't need to add oil to your foods.

If you want to eat rice, eat broccoli rice or cauliflower rice.

Make a huge batch of salad today, put it in the fridge, and eat 1-2 handfuls every day. Either add it to your meals or eat it as is. Make your salads fun. Not just iceberg lettuce and cucumbers. Use a mix of romain, spinach, lettuce, red onion, olives, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, lime/lemon, other leafy greens. Add whatever floats your fancy. Some people enjoy sweet fruits in their salads and some want it bitter. Just make whatever you enjoy eating, without adding oils and unnecessary amounts of cheese and nuts and croutons. Keep it mostly veg.

It's important to remember that you can eat cookies, you can eat a slice of pie, but maybe don't eat 1/4 of the pie, but just two mouthfuls? You know, just keep it moderate. You want to LOSE weight after all. But what I'm saying is, don't beat yourself up for having a soda or eating candy - that's just how it be sometimes. Just remember that your progress isn't all lost because you ate candy. Just keep it at a minimum and within your calorie range. If I wake up and eat cake for breakfast, I won't also eat breakfast on top of it, right? So be mindful of that. If you plan on eating an entire bowl of buttery popcorn with chocolate in the evening, maybe eat less for breakfast and lunch? Keep that balance.

Basically... Soups and salads are your friends (don't JUST stick to these two things, but try to incorporate these into your diet). But no/minimal dressings. Just add lemon juice or something. I sometimes add feta to my salads but even then, it's within my calorie range. So calories is the key here. You have to eat less calories to lose the weight. Either that, or work out like a maniac, but that's not as effective as changing your diet.

Take what I say with a grain of salt, k? I'm not a dietician. I'm just someone who has read about this for years and found that these things help when I need to lose weight after holidays and such, but we're all unique and these tips might be very ineffective for you. I'm simply sharing what has helped me. Good luck and don't be discouraged if you can't lose that much weight. In fact, I doubt you'll actually lose very much in a week. So don't beat yourself up, because you're beautiful the way you are! You don't need to lose weight for an occasion because you probably look fine already :)

14. Rainbow_Pearls

Currency:
    eat just one apple in a day and drink watter but this diet is a little bit dangerous

15. lidora

lidora Married to @plzletmein

Currency:
    I think it would be better to choose the right clothes for you. At this point there is no point to try to lose weight, your health is more important. If you want to lose some kilos plan for a longer time and use a healthy diet. But there are clothes out there flattering different body types, you still can look good by choosing something fitting you.

16. NemuriNezumi

NemuriNezumi Groovy Dormouse

Currency:
    University student
    Does 4kg really make a visual difference tho? And in a week at that

Why did you leave it to the last minute?

17. jasque Married to : @BLACKPINK

Currency:
    Love
    Your cousin will understand

Draft saved Draft deleted