How can I download cracked PC games safely?

Discussion in 'Video Games & Tech' started by KangWoojin144, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KangWoojin144

KangWoojin144 Public Figure

Currency:
    So, u know, I'm a total lay in the world of cracking and doing illegal things
    I have no money right now, so I want to download a cracked version of a paid game that I really wanna play (Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy), but I know literally none reliable source or site that I can safely download it
    Do u guys have any tips? Please, buying the game is totally out of it for my conditions
    I downloaded it yesterday at igg-games.com, a friend of mine recommended it, but at the end it didn't work at all
    I really need help pleeeeeeeeease

2. xSeulgi

xSeulgi Super Rookie

Currency:
    There is no "safe" version to download cracked games because they're technically illegal meaning there is nobody checking them. Get malwarebytes and go to a popular torrent site and find a version of the game that has the most downloads and seeders (genererally the safest). When you've downloaded it, scan with malwarebytes for malware and rootkits then you should be in the clear.

I would never suggest torrenting, especially in my country because we have very strict laws and national torrent site bans. If you do find yourself torrenting however, make sure research a little bit beforehand because getting hit with a massive fine or worse isn't worth it.

3. Zerachiel

Zerachiel Super Rookie

Currency:
    Triggering Reno
    I would suggest pirate Bay but the main site is down and blocked in most countries, but you can find proxy sites. Always look for the VIP uploaders they are generally the trustworthy ones, but also look through the comments see if people claim it's broken or infected. Always scan the file to double check it's safe.

But really no crack is good, there are always bugs and issues with the games.

LuhansGreenHair likes this.
  4. Distance

Distance Rookie

Currency:
    ...?
    Heard meatspin.com had some reliable sources to download games.

5. Samuell

Samuell Newbie

Currency:
    It largely depends on the source. The fact that the game is cracked tells you that someone was messing around with the executable file (the program itself). I play only online games like Subway Surfers or Pokemon and don't have such problems:)

[​IMG]

6. dokyeomon

dokyeomon Married to @blankpersona

Currency:
    blankpersona's side bitch
  7. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    Necro aside, I'll just preface this that I don't encourage piracy and everything below is for educational purposes only. I'm not going to put any links. Mods, if this is against the community guidelines, kindly delete.

- Be wary of immediately torrenting a video game, check the publisher first to see if its 'legit' or a trusted uploader. Most torrent sites allow you to see the list of stuff the user has shared before and all the comments.
    - Seach for the crackwatch site to check if a certain game has already been cracked.
    - Crackwatch on Reddit is a good community resource. They don't provide the actual links to the game but if you have questions or you want to be updated, it's a good place.
    - CS.RIN forums is a good place to keep you updated just like Crackwatch.
    - Cracksupport on Reddit if you are having problems with a cracked game.
    - Skidrow, Reloaded, Codex, etc. do not have nor will they ever have a website. SkidrowReloaded and SkidrowCrack are not 'official' sites. While I haven't had any issues with downloads there, always be wary and check the comment section first. Always use an adblocker.
    - Use NoScript on the ovagames website. The games are 'clean' though as I haven't seen any complaints but do your own research.
    - IGG do inject something in their cracked games (igg-games.com.dll and igg.game shortcut). It just redirects you to their website but still shady. Aside from that, the games are fine. I would suggest cracks from other groups if you are wary of such things.
    - Fitgirl repack games to a fraction of the cracked version of the games' original size. It's great, however if you don't have a decent connection and the game you are downloading is quite new and buggy for example, you might have to re-download the whole game again once updates or DLCs have been released. You can't just overwrite the old repack version for the most part.

8. maxmayer

maxmayer Newbie

Currency:
    developer
    Cracked games are already safe. Don't be afraid

9. StCatMouse

StCatMouse Rookie

Currency:
    Procrastinator
    Not really. Anecdotally, I downloaded a supposed CPY release of Deus Ex Mankind Divided and it screwed up my browsers with a redirect. Even though it's only my browser that seem to have been affected, I reinstalled Windows 10 just to be safe. I was only downloading the damn game as it was notoriously clunky on release and I wasn't sure I would be able to play it with my PC back then. It ended up taking more work than its worth.

10. charleshewitt

charleshewitt Newbie

Currency:
    I do not quite agree that hacked games are safe. You should carefully check the source where you got it.

StCatMouse likes this.
  11. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    Locking thread since it's inactive and it's receiving a lot of spam from bots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.