Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Heechul Suju is Sick??? Suju COMEBACK w/ Ryeowook soon!

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by WhiteWadeWilson, Jul 20, 2018.

1. WhiteWadeWilson

Great news for ELFs! btw anyone know what kind of disease does Heechul has???

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/19/s...ack-mv-macau-ryeowook-heechul-sit-due-health/

Super Junior is gearing up for their next comeback!

On July 20, Super Junior’s agency SJ Label confirmed that the group had recently filmed a music video in Macau and was preparing for a comeback sometime in the second half of the year.

A spokesperson for the agency stated, “Super Junior filmed a music video for their new song in Macau. Although we are planning a comeback in the second half of [2018], we are still in the process of determining their exact schedule.”

Ryeowook, who completed his mandatory military service earlier this month, will be joining his fellow members for his first Super Junior comeback since “Devil” in 2015. Upon his discharge from the military on July 10, Ryeowook hinted at a possible comeback by remarking, “Super Junior is always preparing,” and “We’re preparing something extra-special, so please wait for just a little while.”

In addition to Ryeowook, Super Junior members Leeteuk, Yesung, Shindong, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Choi Siwon will be participating in the upcoming comeback. Unfortunately, Kim Heechul will be unable to join his members due to health issues, as he previously told fans on July 17 during a live broadcast on Weibo.

The representative for SJ Label confirmed, “Regrettably, due to health reasons, Heechul has ended up being unable to take part in this upcoming album.”

Riko_Nee likes this.
  2. Lelurker

Lelurker Artist

momo stan
    Pretty sure the health issues have to do with his leg(s)(?), don't remember the specifics here since I wasn't a fan of kpop at the time.

From what I hear he was severely injured in that huge car crash and his leg had never been the same since. It kept him out of dancing for more than a minute or two at a time, at the cost of some pretty bad pain afterwards.

3. kyoong

kyoong Artist

Idk what 'disease' Heechul has, and don't speculate pls. He's probably overworked in between everything that he's been doing this year, and especially since he has a new variety show (IIRC its 땡철이 어디가 bc its talked about in my subbing group) the stress on his body would be unimaginable if he did participate, so it's better he choose one and focus on feeling better

WhiteWadeWilson likes this.
  4. WhiteWadeWilson

ah thanks...luckily he is a variety king...where he doesn't need to dance...just too bad maybe he won't fully join suju comeback anymore

dooh likes this.
  5. WhiteWadeWilson

yeah sure I wouldn't speculate anything about it ;)

legendjekki likes this.
  6. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Star

YEAH Heechul has a bum leg and it didn't help it was obvious that he didn't get enough rest to let it heal when it happened. I mean Heechul showed off the rod that was in his leg and it was freaking bent. Those rods are not made to bend. So imagine intense dancing with a rod in your freaking leg, it's no wonder Heechul is feeling it today. And it was more then one snaps from what i read. Look up Super Junior accidents and you'll see SJ has survived some amazing odds/

7. WhiteWadeWilson

Poor heecul, I really like the guy :(

RoAnon9935 likes this.
  8. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Star

TBH wouldn't be surprised if one day Heechul retires from SJ activities because how much he hates to sit out. (Sitting out aka not dancing) Crap because all the shit he gets for sitting out. This is not something that will get better with time especially at Heechul's age. It's only something that is going to continue to bother him and considering how Heechul works probably get worse.

suiram, Riko_Nee and WhiteWadeWilson like this.
  9. WhiteWadeWilson

He's getting shitted because of these inactivities with Suju? So far?

Riko_Nee and RoAnon9935 like this.
  10. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Star

yes, and he gets shitted for a long time for being a "poor" dancer. Heechul looks all happy and confident but if you actually take time to listen to things he has said you'd find out he's just great at hiding things. it's not just his dancing or his activities Heechul gets grief for. Reason why he turned down Hong Ki for the 10th anniversary album of Ft is because he felt he couldn't sing good enough. Which is bull shit he's proved many times he could. But this is from shit he gotten, and from so called elfs to boot. Seem given the chance these fake fans will attack for nothing.

I'm not an Elf mind you, never could get into SJ music, but the only reason why he have Ft today is because of heechul. Heechul has een pretty selfless when it comes to helping other people in the industry. It's sad the poor guy can't seem to catch a break

suiram, Riko_Nee, legendjekki and 2 others like this.
  11. WhiteWadeWilson

yeah thanks for the article just saw it now...I'm not en ELF either just got into KPOP during the heights of Suju,Bigbang era so pretty excited when one of the legends making a comeback and heechul is funny at varieties as well :teeheek:

Riko_Nee and RoAnon9935 like this.
  12. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Star

Heechul is hilarious, crap half the stuff that comes out of his mouth. It's why I can't help but to love Heechul despite not likeing SJ itself. God if any of these younger groups tried half the things Heechul has done it'd be career ending. XD

suiram, Riko_Nee and WhiteWadeWilson like this.
  13. GramStan

GramStan Star

I'll look forward to the comeback, but I'm unhappy Heechul won't be in it. I love to hear him sing. Really hoping for an M&D comeback at some point. It may be my only chance to hear him :(

Riko_Nee and WhiteWadeWilson like this.
  14. legendjekki

legendjekki Artist

H.O.T Promoter
    yes he does. sadly. people are saying how he does not care about SuJu anymore due to this. which sucks since Heechul loves his member and fans the most

15. hamster37

hamster37 Artist

I think it is probably his ankle. He said that after the accident (that happened many years ago), his ankle was injured and because they were still relatively new he couldnt rest well and all the comebacks and dancing put a toll on his ankles.

He sat out for Lo Siento comeback stages and didnt have much dancing in Black Suit but I think he should rest.

Riko_Nee and legendjekki like this.
  16. twinklingtwinkly

twinklingtwinkly Entertainer

multi-fandom and dancing the night away
    I hope Heechul gets well rested and healthy soon. Good thing we can still see him on Knowing Bros

Riko_Nee likes this.
  17. jojomomo

jojomomo Artist

Someone already mentioned, Heechul has a serious leg injury from years ago from a car accident, reportedly he was returning home after attending Donghae's father's funeral. The leg problem has worsened with age, and probably has caused other long term knock-on effects.

I'm sad but not surprised that he's not participating in this comeback. He had reservation about doing Black Suit and SS7 concerts.
    I think it's mainly the dancing aspect that he struggles with, but also that most people don't realize how physically tiring the music show promotions are. They film in the middle of the night, like between 1am and 4am or so. Busy celeb like Heechul would have other work schedule during the day, so sleep pattern gets badly disrupted. Travelling overseas on long flights is also a problem for him. The rumor is that this upcoming comeback is another Latin-K collab. If so, likely Suju will need to do more promotions in Latin America.

Being an idol really takes its toll. Suju are some of the hardest working ones. I don't think anyone beats them in terms of work output.
    And it's nonsense when people (some faking to be ELFs) say that Heechul doesn't care about Suju or that they're all just co-workers not friends.

Riko_Nee likes this.