Have your "unpopular opnions" changed with time?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Cielistium, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    I have seen too many upopular opinions vids bot for non-kpop related things and for kpop. Many people who make those vids are bashing the heck out of some idols or groups or are unnecessary rude. Do your unpopular opnions stay the same or they have changed w time?

These are just a few on top of my head:

My frist unpopular opinion is about BalckPink. Around year ago I had talked numerous times of how BP needs to improve, but also slipped how less talented they are. Possibly even hating on most members. I think it was dumb. I was unnecessary rude to them and now I still think they need improvement, but I really like them!! They are all lovely tbh.

My second unpopular opnion is about BTS and how they old music was better and their new music is bad. I was definitely dumb for saying such things. Their new music isn't my taste, but it's far from bad! Actually songs like Idol, Tear, Mikrokosmos and Dionysus make me believe that they still keep their signature vibe, but experiment more.

My 3rd unpopular opinion is that TWICE is not talented, the members don't give their best and don't even try. oh helL TO THE NO NONO, me - the dumbass clown. Now days TWICE are my ults, I love them w my whole heart and I think that out of the big 3 female groups rn they have the most improvement in all criterias and also the strongest stage presence as a group!

My 4th unpopular opnion is that every group is revolutnary simply because it's kpop. Oh hell no. I was a kboo back when I thought that, I suppose. Many by far MANY groups aren't revolutionary, and that's okay. You can be talented, have good music and still NOT be revolutionary.

2NE1 are the most influential female group in kpop history. As much as I love them I strongly disagree w myself. Esp. when SNSD and S.E.S exist. SNSD literally made kpop groups go popular and loved outside Korea (and possibly Japan), S.E.S were and still are role models to many, many of the female groups in Korea. They set the standards.

Sunmi is the best soloist as of right now. I disagree w myself so much. There are MALE and FEMALE soloist. I was Sunmi biased and as much as I love my GOD SUNMI. She is not the ultimate best, because no one is.

MX songs are different and unique. Monbebes, lovelies, please - respect my opnion for this one. I think that after around Dramarama they started doing the same formula and the same EDM sounding. I love those talented men, but I am not interested in their title tracks anymore. I haven't listened to their releases since Dramarama.

Exo's discography is overrated and it's possibly low quality. And I dared to call myself fan of EXO back then. I DISAGREE. Their discography is quite unique and has songs for all different tastes, from MAMA to Love shot. Exo has the variety.

At the end of the day we all have different opinions and points of views, but we can all agree that we should be respectful to one other and to the people we talk about.

2. junmyeonsnoodle

Currency:
    With the exception of not liking the bg seasons of produce 101 I'm not really sure I have unpopular opinions. If I don't like something, I just leave it alone. In general, I try not to yuck on other peoples yums.

Cielistium likes this.
  3. Minghao_life

Minghao_life Married to @Vyuna

Currency:
    Shamelessly promoting SF9
    Honestly mines hasn't change.. obviously I can't remember everything I've said but the ones I remember I still think like that (but idk how unpopular are they)

Here are some:

Shownu is one of the best dancer in this generation - Still think its true, and he is so underrated for it
    Rose's dancing sometimes feels too much for me
    Momo has the best body - True, she has muscles and she is skinny, her body looks healthy
    Jihyo has the best stage presence and not just in Twice
    Monsta x has the best discography - But it's more like style, I love almost all of their title tracks AND b-sides

What changed tho is that i didn't liked Hyuna's songs, I couldn't stand them but now they are my hoe anthems

Cielistium likes this.
  4. Hermes1

Hermes1 Elite

Currency:
    After 8 years I got used to the fact that different kpop groups use the same song title tens of times. Copyright bye!

5. Xaxaveryfunny

Xaxaveryfunny Super Rookie

Currency:
    Nope

-I still love momo's vocal
    -criticizing your own fav group is still fine
    -WiL is overrated
    -Concept is still a dumb thing in K-Pop
    -Sexy concept shouldnt be a thing

Cielistium likes this.
  6. Hopkinz

Hopkinz Idol

Currency:
    I would often criticize BTS for being oVerAteD. While I still think they could improve vocally, I think they deserve everything they've achieved.

Cielistium likes this.
  7. begginforthread

begginforthread Trendsetter

Currency:
    Cunt
    I used to think Mamamoo was boring but they've grown on me a lot

kqyla, Cielistium and bamboozled_61 like this.
  8. kqyla

kqyla Newbie

Currency:
    bible reader
    idk if this is unpopular or not but I used to think only a small amount of armies were immature, clueless, and overprotective. I realized though that A LOT more of them are like that than I knew, I just assumed I saw them so often because the fandom was big, but honestly that's not the case. AT LEAST 30% are that way. As an army, I find it so fucking annoying when i see 12 year olds actually believing they're gods who will one day marry them or something.

9. Charmed123

Charmed123 Super Rookie

Currency:
    multi-fandom hoe
    I use to hate cute concepts or any concept that wasn’t girl crush but now I prefer concepts that aren’t girl crush. Like my ult female group is now Gfriend

I use to think that monsta x wasn’t attractive (still loved their songs though ) but now I don’t understand how I felt that way when all 7 of them are VISUALS!! I get biased wrecked by all them