Have you ever went through a scary/ potentially dangerous situation?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by didi2802, Feb 11, 2020.

1. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    Did you ever went through a situation that made you get an adrenaline rush and got your heart beating faster as fear overwhelmed you?

I went through such a situation around 2-3 years ago, it scared me like hell and still gives me chills when I recall it.

So, at the corner of my street there's an abandoned library which over the years was used as "shelter" by homeless people or occasionally gypsies. Now, I never saw anyone there but since the windows that face the road are broken I could always see leftovers such as alcohol bottles and other trash left behind.
    My boyfriend was working in night shifts or was getting out of work in the evening during that period, so I had the habit of going out to meet him around those hours (10-11 PM), thing that required me to take a bus and travel like 30 minutes with it to finally get to him.

Now, in one of those usual nights, I was coming home with my bus (which would normally have a station at my street's corner). It was December or January, around 11 and a half PM, with me sitting in a nearly empty bus when I was preparing to get down to my bus station. However, for some reason the driver didn't notice me wanting to go down at my street's corner and took me 1 station further where I could finally get down to go home.

All nice and well, fortunately it wasn't a big distance so I didn't worry too much about it.
    However, as I was approaching my street's corner I could see 3 shadowy figures in the distance, the body shapes looked like tall and bulky men, one of which seemed to try entering one of the windows of the abandoned library while another one was helping him.

Now, fear started creeping into me as I recalled all those empty alcohol bottles which were usually seen left behind in that library, as I noticed there's no person on the street except me and them and how there's not even 1 single car passing by either.

In that moment I decided to cross the road from where I was standing (there's no way in Hell I would walk right next to them) and continued my walk on the other side of the road.

The sad thing was that I still had to cross the road back so I can get to my street, which was starting right after I pass the library from that corner.

As I was silently judging how I should move and where I should go, I noticed they didn't look in my direction at all, they were too busy trying to get inside those windows, so they most likely didn't hear or see me, which made it possible for me to cross the street and silently walk at around 4-5 metres away of them for a few seconds.

The moment I passed the corner I could see a few empty beer bottles down and that's when all my initial calm evaporated and I started running towards my house without looking back or slowing down.

I thankfully reached my house safely and nothing happened to me, but I was trembling and I felt like crying at the fear that I felt and the "what if" thoughts that overwhelmed me afterwards.

This is something I will never forget and I could only thank God that the bus didn't stop at the right station, which probably saved me from situation in which they were still drinking outside without trying to get inside the library (and then it would be impossible for them not to see me).
    I don't need to say that I stopped going out alone at such hours since that night.

2. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    About couple of years ago someone tried to mug me after I got money out of atm. All I remember is that I elbowed him fucking hard in the face and he let me go. I just ran without looking back.

I'm sure I either broke his face bone or some teeth. He deserved it

3. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    You're such a strong girl! I love how brave you were! :loverr3:

soapycolors, your-dad and Lulu_Key like this.
  4. your-dad

your-dad Rookie

Currency:
    missing wonho :(
    There was this red car that was following us but when I walked away from the red car it drove super fast to where I was and the driver rolled down his window and he was smiling at me not in a friendly way but a creepily way, I think I was like 11 or 10 at that time but I was super creeped out and I started to like be more careful in public and around parking lots

5. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    Were you with your friends?
    People who target children will always make me sick.

soapycolors and your-dad like this.
  6. your-dad

your-dad Rookie

Currency:
    missing wonho :(
    No, I was with my mom, I don't think she noticed though, I felt like if I hadn't followed my mom something would've happened

soapycolors and didi2802 like this.
  7. LilyM

LilyM Trainee

Currency:
    Student, Blink, Hyuna's bitch
    Aw man i know that feeling i can't even count all the times that i was in that situation as you were in, alone at night, not even cars passing by, just me and some suspicious people on the other side of the street...i pray to higher powers not to get killed/kidnapped at those moments. This was when i used to work a night shift as a part time job, i finished at 3h in the morning and had to walk 20 min to my place alone cos there is no public transport at this time and i'm too broke to call an uber every time.

Also i remember this one time a friend and i were coming back from a party at night, now we were walking on a main street and on the left there are three smaller streets and to get home we need to take the 3rd one. As we were walking right before passing the 1st street there was this group of guys 3-4 maybe, and as they saw us they started saying something, my friend quietly whispered to me that she overheard them talking something about us having mentioned something about "these two girls". Right after she said that they started walking behind us. Now at this point everything happened so fast. My friend immediately grabbed my hand and we started running like the wind. And because we were panicking we made the wrong turn at the 2nd street instead of the third. Not only that, but as we turned running into the 2nd street we noticed that IT'S A DEAD END. There wasn't even time to think, there were houses over there with smaller fences and we started banging on them and checking if they were unlocked, but in the end we just dropped to the ground behind some parked cars there, and wait until the guys were gone. As we were laying low, we saw them stop at the beginning of the 2nd street where we turned, they probably heard us bang one of the fences of the houses and the fact that they didn't saw us, i believe they thought that that's where we lived and we had gone home. And then we saw them turn back. We waited like 10 min. Went out to see if they were still there which they weren't and ran all the way back home. We could barely catch our breath when we got home. And we kept thinking what if they caught up with us before we layed low on the ground behind the car, saw us and then ... well did something to us. I'll never forget that moment.

4NIA2, soapycolors, pinky-hwi and 2 others like this.
  8. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    This is really scary...Thanks God you managed to escape them.

I think these "what if" scenarios that come after escaping a bad situation are the most emotionally-consuming....

9. briarheart

briarheart Newbie

Currency:
    Driving lessons. There's a reason I never got a license. 100+ lessons and it just wouldn't get better (both my skills and stress levels) I umm... I caused a fair share of very dangerous moments (think of fatal crashes if my instructor didn't aggressively pull the wheel or press the break, because I was in a state of shock, AGAIN)
    Some people still tell me I should try again, never give up blah blah... They don't understand, I've had professionals beg me to give up! They're either dumb or want me to die.

soapycolors, didi2802 and your-dad like this.
  10. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    I see. Is there something in particular which triggers these panic attacks? Did you witness/heard about car accidents that left a strong impression on you before trying to drive or your reaction is something that you discovered while driving for the first time?

soapycolors and your-dad like this.
  11. briarheart

briarheart Newbie

Currency:
    No, never been in an accident or seen one before.
    I simply didn't care about driving but my parents forced me to start lessons. It's normal to be nervous at first but in my case it only got worse and worse... But even if I would somehow overcame my fears, I'm still reckless and clumsy when it comes to driving. I have no clue when I'm driving too fast, I totally didn't see that car who nearly bumped into me at full speed... I didn't even think of pressing the breaks when entering a sharp bend in the road...
    I can strictly tell myself to stay focused, but then something unexpected happens and I end up in a state of shock. And I just don't seem to notice things... My instructors have tried everything but I remain stupid. I go everywhere by bike, public transport for longer distances. But even when riding my bike I do stupid shit on a daily basis and I must have some guardian angel somewhere... Considering I remained unharmed all this time. I've taken special exams, I've taken psychological tests. All of that cost me a fortune... I can no longer be bothered to waste money on something I don't really need anyway and puts my life (and others) at risk.

12. didi2802

didi2802 Idol

Currency:
    Yeah. Usually I would advice people to overcome their fears but since driving is something that puts at risk your life, as well as other people's lives, I think it's for the best, especially since it's not even something that you desire in the first place.

I hope you'll stay healthy and away of dangers :)

soapycolors and briarheart like this.
  13. soneroxierae

soneroxierae Super Rookie

Currency:
    ~Magical girl~
    I almost drowned at a waterpark a few years ago I stayed at the shallow pools since I couldn't swim but I was overconfident at the time that I decided to go on a water slide and the minute that I was pushed, I started crying then next thing I was underwater I was freaking scared but the lifeguard dove in to get me out, she asked me if I was okay but I was still crying. After that incident, I was way too scared to get inside pools it took me until high school to finally get over it a bit, swimming is a requirement at my school so I had to get over it anyway, I still can't really swim for shit and I'm still chilling in the shallows to this day.
    Other times- I had to go past a bad part of the city, I almost crashed not long ago cause someone didn't use their turn signals, I went on a high carnival ride and I had a knee injury.

#13 soneroxierae, Feb 11, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  14. pinky-hwi

pinky-hwi Super Rookie

Currency:
    ✧ Ultimate Produce Trash ✧
    I almost got into an accident at my high school parking lot and it wasn't even me that was driving. My mom was driving normally and entering into the parking lot at a normal speed but then 2 cars whizzed by and my mom almost hit them. It was like they were racing each other. To this day I still have fears of cars just randomly swerving or zooming by and it's the reason I don't feel like driving or learning how to drive. Like whenever I'd see a car just ahead of me when my parents or myself are driving my mind makes me think that they're gonna swerve and hit me. Thankfully I take public transportation to and from campus so I don't have to worry about driving.

15. soapycolors

soapycolors Super Rookie

Currency:
    Crown enthusiast
    i was almost kidnapped my senior year of high school. my house is very far from school on the very edge of town, & the road that takes me home doesn't have a sidewalk. at the time a girl was recently killed less than a mile away from my house.

i was living with my mother with the time, and she is very forgetful. it was going to get dark in less than 2 hours, i was still at school, no one was coming to get me, & mother wasn't answering her phone (this has happened previously, so i have had to walk home before. it takes me 5-6 hours to reach my house).

i texted her saying i'm walking home, so i did. i have to walk through the parking lot of the mall to get to the road that takes me home. while i was walking through the parking lot a guy called out trying to get my attention, and tried to stop me with his car. i ignored him, and kept walking. i saw him circle around the parking lot trying to get my attention again, when i got to the sidewalk he turned the opposite direction & seemingly left. i reached the intersection & saw his car again. i knew i was being followed by this point, but i kept going. i am now getting near the road with no sidewalk. not many cars take this road either. there's a part of the street where it dips in a bit (can't see it from a distance), & i saw the guy pull up behind me AGAIN. he parked, and i am now fully panicking & i start walking faster. i looked back & he was starting to get out of his car. only moments (not even a minute) later, my mom came & picked me up. i never felt so lucky & blessed in my life. even though it's been probably about a year since this happened, walking anywhere still terrifies me. this happened to me in the middle of the day. i still have to walk places (even at night) sometimes now, but i am still extremely anxious & frightened everytime i have to.

Yellowcloud2 and litc like this.
  16. 4NIA2

4NIA2 Super Rookie

Currency:
    Group Motorcycle Rides on local Twisties. All Day Rides where making it out alive and uninjured is not guaranteed.
    I don't have the same faith as many of the riders have about road conditions. Argh F'in A the Riding starts again in few months.

17. TzuyuGirl

TzuyuGirl Celebrity

Currency:
    almost drowned myself trying to catch end of rope in sea .

didi2802 likes this.
  18. nebula351

nebula351 Newbie

Currency:
    Wanderer
    As a Thalassophobic, that's hell for me. I'm soooo glad ur safe.

19. just-a-melon

just-a-melon Public Figure

Currency:
    Keeping Dokyeomon In Line
    Yes. This may be a tw to some people so I will put it in a spoiler leaving out many details.

My ex was highly abusive and I've had a loaded gun cocked to my head. My heart has never beat so fast in my life and I never want to feel that agian.

nebula351 and didi2802 like this.
  20. Eziio

Eziio ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴏɴᴇ
    Tech Team .

Currency:
    Driving to balos beach when it's busy,freaking terrifying

nebula351 and didi2802 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted