Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Groups that comeback alot

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by OHNOMoMo, Sep 12, 2018.

1. OHNOMoMo

OHNOMoMo Trainee

Recently everybody has been trashing groups ,mostly Twice , for coming back a lot ( when in all honesty twice doesn't even comeback that much it's just their songs have so much impact and popularity that it seems like there's tons of them). People says things like there losing hype or they only have the highest sales because they release so many songs. And it like people use the number of comebacks a group has As a roast. But my question is, since when had coming back alot been a bad thing. Ex look at the ikon had more comebacks than twice thread

Laroucelle and Yaya_1 like this.
  2. bae

bae Rookie

when ur fave group hasnt even stepped foot in 2018 besides the subunit it feels like everyone is having a comeback but you

i.e. exo, pristin

3. Coelacanth

Coelacanth Rookie

Part of the perception that Twice comes back constantly may come from the fact that they're doing something constantly. They've had two comebacks in 2018 -- but they also had a comeback at the very end of 2017, and have put out three Japanese singles along with several non-single MVs. In the last year, some form of Twice content has been released almost every month!

Personally, I'd say that's extremely impressive. I've always admired how hard our girls work, and I think their constant efforts are truly amazing. The only downside is the occasional worry that they're not getting enough rest -- but Twice themselves have said they like constantly being in front of the fans, and who am I to contradict them? Certainly, there's been a positive impact on both their sales and their performances; Twice is the biggest Kpop GG in Japan by a mile and their stage skills have increased for sure! To me, Twice's success relative to their number of comebacks proves one thing alone:

Good things come to those who work their butts off :)

4. Somnia

Somnia Rookie

Queens, InSomnia, Buddy
    What are a lot of comebacks though? To me 3 a year is a nice number. 1 in jan-march, 1 in may-july and 1 in sept-oct would I find ideal. Also don't mind people who say stuff like that, be happy you get all those comebacks whenever they come and enjoy the moment. ;)

5. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Worldwide star

Astronaut
    my bias just had their fourth korean release this year, I dont have time to keep up with others

6. k_PopFan98

k_PopFan98 Rookie

Chemist on the making
    Let's take it back to Likey in october, in december we got HS, in february Candy Pop, then WIL, then WMU, then the cover of WYB, and then the summer nights repackage and now a full japanese album...I don't stan them but it seems like I'm always listening to them...

Ikon having 3 comebacks though, Love Scenario ha power.

7. RedVelvendetta

I think 3 comebacks in 1 year is fine, even for RV and Twice who will have 3 korean comebacks both this year, they each had a repack with 1 of them which reduces the amount of songs they have to record.

The reason people say Twice does too much is probably because of all their Japanese releases in between. And tbh it does seem like a lot for a group to do in one year. I wouldn't believe what the members say, cause what else would they say but being happy about working a lot. But if they are tired, I haven't seen it yet so maybe they're doing just fine.