Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Groups/Idols That You Used to Hate But Stan Now And Why

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by taekaiymile, Jul 19, 2018.

1. taekaiymile

taekaiymile Rookie

So, in my long Kpop stanning career (~8 years) there're groups/Idols that I've initially hated (for really dumb and immature reasons) and now stan! So here's mine and and my reasons. As you can see most are them are female idols/groups (ahh the jealousy is real w/ this post). Basically I'm calling myself out. Tell me which groups/idols you guys experienced this with!

1. TWICE lol
    I actually used to really hate them. Like me and my friend would talk shit all the time about them and especially Nayeon (she's my bias now lol). We would call her ugly (so rude for no reason we were probably just jealous) and we would say that Twice couldn't sing and that their music was for babies. I remember when first Signal came out I couldn't get past like 30 seconds and i dragged it for filth, but ironically it's the song that brought me into the fandom. I can't believe how dumb I was

2. SUZY + SEOLHYUN
    These two I didn't like for the same petty reason. I couldn't understand why everyone was praising their visuals so excessively so I started to hate lol. But now I see the light and idk how I could hate these two top visuals

3. SOMI
    I refused to support Somi because she made me feel bad about myself since she was younger than me lol. I didn't hate her exactly but I would get irritated whenever I saw her but now I love Somi!

4. BLACKPINK
    Basically the same reason as Somi. I THOUGHT they were younger/same age as me but once I found out they were older than me, I had no problems stanning lol. As you can see I have a problem with knowing that idols are younger than me and more accomplished lol

5. EXO
    I used to stan them back in Showtime days, but then fandom just became too much for me (back when they were called exotics) and I was like f this and dropped them so hard and would get annoyed whenever I saw exo related content. But now I've grown up and am back to stanning the Nations Pick

6. 2NE1
    Back in the SNSD v. 2NE1 days lol. Nuff said

rosequeen13, TheLadybug and 3RACHA like this.
  2. 3RACHA

3RACHA Artist

Changbean
    blackpink
    i thought they were rude until i actually watched bp house

rosequeen13 and selectivelysocia like this.
  3. Chaittra

Chaittra Star

Curious... What made you think they are rude:whatr:

4. TheLadybug

TheLadybug Artist

professional idiot with a PhD in failing
    Blackpink
    I hated them for one day because people kept saying they copied RV and then I watched them and I was like "hOney whEre" and well now I'm a hardcore stan

rosequeen13 and selectivelysocia like this.
  5. Lovely_Cornchips

Being left alone
    1. Gfriend- I really think their music was repetitive and just legit not for me?? I still think their music is repetitive but I enjoy it far more now and I like the members also I never hated them just wasn't a fan.

2. Soyeon-This isn't about G-idle just Soyeon. Really could not care much for her rap in PD101 for me to care about her, then when she showed up on Unpretty Rapstar she rubbed me the wrong way, then her solo songs just were a big fat fucking no for me. But in G-idle she makes sense and she is now my bias.

mirella, rosequeen13 and Buddy_SR like this.
  6. Ninalabkon

Ninalabkon Star

A FISH
    Taeyeon. But then I was blessed and I’m obsessed with her.

rosequeen13 likes this.
  7. BP_LiNK

BP_LiNK Artist

Watching Anime
    Red Velvet. Yepp...
    the first song i've heard was Russian Roulette and idk about u guys... but that song is freaking irritating omfg..
    I still can't listen to it tho... but i really like their other songs, also the members.

8. taekaiymile

taekaiymile Rookie

I also used to think they were rude, mostly because of RBF and I guess their luxurious 'you can't touch this' concept

JenJennie7, 3RACHA and Chaittra like this.
  9. SaviorTwice

Momo's wife
    Gfriend. I stan them now bc visual, rapper, singing queen Sowon has shown me the light.

Pristin. I was extremely disappointed when they debuted with Wee Woo. After School has such great bops like Ah!, Night in the Sky, Shampoo, Flashback, Diva, Wonder Boy, My Copycat, and so much more. My face when I finished listening to Wee Woo was just like
    IMG_20180711_013726.jpg
    But then I fell in love with Xiyeon and I started to get to know the other non ioi girls and I just fell in love with Pristin

Buddy_SR likes this.
  10. 3RACHA

3RACHA Artist

Changbean
    ppl spun clips of the members being 'rude' out of context and i just believed it

Chaittra likes this.
  11. Mayah

Mayah Entertainer

I didn't really hate them, but I didn't (and still don't) like CLC's cuter concepts they did before 2017.

12. RainingStarlight

Grim Reaper
    EXO
    I assumed they were popular bc they're from SM, then realized they had great tracks to follow up and they're talented and more importantly humble, and do things outside of just music. Now they're my top 2 groups in kpop.

Straykids
    I don't hate the group, it's more like their music specifically their b-sides aren't cutting out for me. But i want to stan them one day. So i'll put them on this list. If their music improves id def stan them.

13. Leean_Taeyong

I’m unemployed
    You fell for KWEEN SEOLHYUN YOU SAW THE LIGHT :omgr:

I USED TO SHIT ON JAEHYUN SO BAD BACK IN 2015-2016 LMFAOOOO

taekaiymile likes this.
  14. 89TIFF

89TIFF Artist

multifandom stan
    i also used to not like twice because i found them annoying. this was around the cheer up era, and it was being played everywhere and i thought they were overrated. they struck korea with the national hit, and since it was being played everywhere, i got sick of them. i normally would never miss reality/competition shows, but i didn't watch sixteen and i ended up being too lazy to watch everything. when they announced they were coming back with tt, i got curious after a while and began watching every sixteen episode.

it was so emotional. i cried, laughed, yelled, and smiled throughout the entire show. it made me become super open to twice because i saw a raw and emotional side of them that i was able to embrace. plus, when i got to know their personalities as i watched it, they appealed to me a lot because they were all quite bubbly and humble at the same time.

i grew to love twice and stanned them just in time for the tt era, and every song after that, i enjoyed. i'm glad i stanned twice, and i will always be proud of their accomplishments :) <3

taekaiymile likes this.
  15. Vikki

Vikki Married to @Girl_Crush

Time waster
    Super Junior, I only knew Sorry Sorry and Mr.Simple and couldnt stand those songs. I avoided listening to their music as much as possible, but one day I heard Evanesce and fell in love, and started to stan earlier this year.

16. WhiteWadeWilson

17. SaviorTwice

Momo's wife
    I'm going to avoid her and forget about her

WhiteWadeWilson likes this.
  18. rosequeen13

rosequeen13 Artist

Being a Baby and a student
    NCT- I found their songs really annoying at first cuz I only heard bits of them. Also, at first I didn't like their unlimited member concept. Now I love them tho and their songs and like every single member lol

19. austen

austen Entertainer

Black Pink
    Used to think they were 2NE1 2.0 but they are different and I like all of them especially Jisoo and Lisa

Red Velvet
    Didn't like "Happiness" too much initially, it was probably sometime between "Dumb Dumb" and "One of These Nights" that I began to pay attention to their releases; each member has relatively the same amount of popularity, not one member is overly popular than the others. They remind me of KARA5 in terms of their dynamic and popularity among other groups

Suzy
    Thought she was full of herself but watched her reality show a little bit and saw another side. I really liked "Holiday" and "Sober"
    But I still do think that JYP promoted her the most and pushed her image more than the other members of Miss A

AOA
    Didn't know much about them and then fell in love with them when they released "Miniskirt"

G_S00 likes this.
  20. karakamilia

karakamilia Trainee

#20 karakamilia, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018