Group/Artist that taught you some moral lesson?

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by Cielistium, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    By any means this does not mean only from their concept or their music, but the personality they show. Things that happened with those people. Just such things.

TWICE
    Like whatever you want, after all it's you liking it for yourself, not for other people. (-me)
    I know TWICE from 2015 and had love-hate relationship with them as a group. I loved and love their songs, but denied that, because of the waves of hate they had. Just when DTNA was announced I was like " I am done, I don't give a f what people will think if I am once. I am proud of them, I love them and generally want to be a fan of them". After that I slowly felt a bit more free that before, I started caring less what people would think. Nowdays I am hardcore, but unbiased ONCE that waits for the comeback of the girls.

BTS

And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” (Paulo Coelho)
    Many have heard their story - their struggle, their path and what not. For me it sounds kind of like a fairy tail - seven boys, from different backgrounds, many of them poor and full of insecurities, unite and create a global sensation that inspires millions of people around the world. I was fan of BTS until(almost) the mid 2017, I started disliking their style after BS&T and kind of became their anti - not spreading hate, but criticizing all of their comebacks after Not Today. Even tho in the same time I could go in tumblr for hours on the BTS tag whether reading fics, facts or analysis. What a f**king hypocrite, i know right? I knew what was happening around them, how the members were.
    Nowdays, after IDOL came,I may not be as big fan of BTS as before, but oh God remember when I say that I respect them so much. Kim Namjoon's speech for UNICEF made me realize thing " I stopped looking up at the stars at night. I stopped daydreaming. I tried to jam myself into moulds that other people made. Soon, I began to shut out my own voice and started to listen to the voices of others. No one called out my name, and neither did I. " - the same damn thing I have been thinking since the first time teachers asked me in second grade what I want my career path to be. BTS made me realize that spreading hate is nothing compared to folloing your "personal legend", to opening your mind a bit more, even if you don't like some things, people and what not. It's not only for you, but for many other people.

SNSD
    Good friends are like stars. You don't always see them, but you know they're always there.There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family
    SNSD taught me that even if people go in and out of your life, the one that truly are with you will stay. SNSD has that one unbreakable bond that even when they are separated in different parts of the world, occupied with so much work, they still find the time to support each other, to say something positive about one another. THAT is a beautiful relationship between people, such small acts, yet for me they are really big and very sincere.

IU
    Nothing is so strong as gentleness, nothing so gentle as real strength. (Saint Francis de Sales)
    I may not know IU personally, but I admire her acts of kindness - whether they are for her fans, loved ones or staff members! She strongly fights with people who are unkind, in the most unique way - through music. IU always gets up when things get rough, but most importantly - she admits that she has fallen down before. She is true to herself and doesn't really go in with the trends of creating something mainstream, IU wants to create her own concept that makes her fierce with gentleness.

Edit: Guys you are really out there with amazing moral lessons! I am amazed by how kpop can change and shape people!

So yeah.., now I am gonna get going with my Harry Potter marathon!

#1 Cielistium, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  2. ploof

ploof Super Rookie

Currency:
    YG has taught me to keep my word :rolleyes:

3. SooYoung

SooYoung ☾☼♡ SoneLuv ♡☼☽

Currency:
    #1 Reveluv
    SNSD taught me the same thing than you

but i'll add that sooyoung teach me that even if you are busy with your life, deal with some problems etc... you should always take the time to help other person because other people have biggest problems etc.. than mine and take 5 minutes of my time to put a smile on their face is not a waste of time

Cielistium likes this.
  4. steveleeyg

steveleeyg Super Rookie

Currency:
    Personally I think it's silly to say X group went through hardships because in reality we know how tough the scene is on all idols so they have all been through a difficult path to get to where they are.

In terms of morals, they have taught me not to take things for granted in life.

5. Znewie71

Znewie71 Leader

Currency:
    Bap particularly bang yong guk taught me to never give up and follow my dreams, cause you may have only one shot. Bap showed me that no matter how much people try to screw you and keep you down, you try to persevere and keep going and never give up. Thats what bap means to me, to perservere no matter what may come at you in life. They also taught me about social issues, world peace, and doing what you can to help others.

Cielistium likes this.
  6. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Well where did I say that other groups didn't? I never downgraded other groups for the sake of the one I mentioned to look better. I wanted to say that in my case with BTS, this made me think about them and relate to them. It's not silly, it's just facts. Hardships have different impact on different idols.

7. MBBM

MBBM Rookie

Currency:
    When I'm too lazy to work or do something, I always remember Jackson from GOT7. This guy is really a great hardworker, respect.

8. strawberrimeii

strawberrimeii Trainee

Currency:
    Once
    Twice have taught me to love what others might hate. I was afraid to love Twice because people disliked them for their cute concept and their singing abilities. I actually became depressed due to the thought of having to hide what I like so others wouldn't dislike me. It's so little like why does it affect you? It's what I like, not you!

jimeous and Cielistium like this.
  9. fortuna

fortuna Star

Currency:
    Jin taught me how to take shots of tequila :teeheek:

no but seriously BTS is a real comfort to me and everytime they open their mouth it feels like I need their words at the moment
    particularly RM

like how the heck am I not supposed to tear up and get inspired??? when the man says shit like
    "I know that you're scared that you'll be taken for a fool because you're young but even fools can change the world so believe in yourself"

how can I not stan these dudes :waterr:

Cielistium likes this.
  10. SomeoneLovesEXO

SomeoneLovesEXO Super Rookie

Currency:
    My name is Jaemin
    Stray Kids

• If you have frecles you should not hide them cause you think you would look ugly with them (PS: I have no frecles, but I showed a friend a clip of Felix puting his makeup off for a fan, because of his frecles and my friend allways tried to hide her frecles under makup, cause she hated them, but she is so cute with these and cause she loves Felix, she changed hermind and now only wears light coverage makup, so she dosn't hides her frecles anymore)
    • You shouldn't laugh about someone who dosn't understands you (Shame on you JYP and YG!, I mean they laught at Felix, cause he often was like "Waitt what did you say? I didn't understand you...")
    EXO

• You can allways buy a new computer, but not new people who you are nothing without , so care more about people you need instead of a thing you can allways buy again when broken, because you can't buy new people (acording to Lay)
    SEVENTEEN
    • You should drink enough water to stay hydrated (I guess some people might know where I got that from)

jimeous and Minyoongimin like this.
  11. Kura2654

Kura2654 Rookie

Currency:
    Super Junior has taught me to always get back up and do what I love doing. Although I became an ELF after their incidents it still felt like I was part of the fandom from the beginning. I am still randomly dancing to songs because of Heechul despite previous injuries and still singing kyuhyun's songs (Even tho I cant sing for my life) because I dont want to live in a world where he wouldn't be able to sing. They've taught me that those who want to be by your side will always be there. To keep pushing forward and walk alongside your companions not behind

Despite it being hard sometimes SNSD has always especially Seohyun to have/find a positive outlook on my current situation and to gain strength in knowing what I can do.

These two groups have taught me a lot of the same and some of these lessons I've been reminded of thru twice and Red Velvet (whether its Seulgi being left by Krystal, Kai but still pushing forward and debuting or Momo still believing in herself and not giving)

the soft side of kpop that keeps me going even on the tough days

Minyoongimin and Cielistium like this.
  12. Meloverse

Meloverse ♔ Snake Princess ♔

Currency:
    ☾ Universe // Byulharang ☆
    Jinho, but I ain't about to go on a tirade and get in my feels about this decade long journey
    [​IMG]

13. essence-of-love

essence-of-love Married to @Nogabunga

Currency:
    Perhaps, the phoenix...
    BigBang taught me that it's okay to be flawed. Even if I have made mistakes, I can still improve. I don't have to be perfect! Imperfection is beautiful too.

Epik High helped toughen me up. I used to be a soft crybaby. I learnt not to let my hopes get crushed just because this world is filled with darkness. Rather I should fight the negativity that takes over me sometimes. Just don't ever give up! I rarely cry now.

SechsKies taught me that age is no bar. You can be eternally youthful. Just be happy and live your life fully. It's good to be silly/funny no matter how old you become. Smile & make everyone smile! :)

BlackPink taught me to get in touch with the woman in me. After suffering a trauma in my early teenage, I had ended up associating the colour Pink with "weakness". I would avoid it and anything that I deemed too feminine. But BP made me realise that Pink is an empowering colour too. The name BlackPink makes me feel as if Pink is the new Black. I shouldn't feel weak just because I'm a woman.

14. JoeGonnaRun

JoeGonnaRun Super Rookie

Currency:
    Scarecrow of Radish Field
    MAMAMOO
    "Be confident and be yourself" - Yes I Am (2017)
    Moonbyul
    "It's okay to love whoever you want" - reply to fans
    "Don't forget to love yourself" - her tattoo
    "Sometimes, being selfish is not too bad - Selfish (2018)
    Solar
    "My face is more round than V-line. I like it" - Yes I Am (2017)
    Wheein
    "Don't fall too deep into depression" - reply to depressed fan
    Using sign language to communicate with fan
    Hwasa

Fan: How to lose weight? - Hwasa: JUST EAT
    "To me, my standard of life is myself. To you, the standard of life is yourself" - reply to depressed fan
    And so much more :cryingk:

15. Cielistium

Cielistium Super Rookie

Currency:
    Really good moral lessons! I am really happy to see people here who are fans even of first gen groups! The BlackPink one striked me on personal level (that's why I quote you). I may not know your struggle, but I had that long period of time where I hated everything feminine and I thought that being feminine is weak, but that's just a quality that can be for both males and females, which can show as much strength as acting masculine on purpose, and even a bit more, because you embrace yourself for who you are! Pink IS the new Black. Really!

essence-of-love likes this.
  16. essence-of-love

essence-of-love Married to @Nogabunga

Currency:
    Perhaps, the phoenix...
    Thank you for the support! It means a lot to me. :) Pink is indeed the new Black.

Cielistium likes this.
  17. ZYC

ZYC Super Rookie

Currency:
    Student
    iKON
    -The important of teamwork
    I never prioritize teamwork as one of the factors to success before watch WIN and Mix & Match. It's amazing how B.I lead the team and the members trust/follow his lead without an excuse up till now. They will solve the problems on the spot if an argument occurred. I love their strong teamwork/brotherhood.

-Some of the quotes
    "For the sake of doing only what you want to do in the future, do what you don't want to do now" - B.I

"If you're not showing any nervousness that's mean you're well prepared" - Yunhyeong

-A simple words that everyone can understand without an uncommon sentence but have a deep meaning through their lyrics.

Example :
    (Rhythm Ta)
    "You'll regret regretting it If you don't wanna regret,
    Don't regret the things you're gonna regret before you regret it"

(Bestfriend)
    "Between you and me, one of us is an idiot who can neither leave or got closer"

(B.I poem for Running Man)
    That airtime leads me to my pay and I must take care of my airtime,
    You must swim againts the popular opinion to be on TV,
    When everyone says 1 word, say 10 to be on TV,
    Show your right cheek when they slap your left,
    That's how people will see that you even got slapped,
    I'll try to become a fox to survive in this animal kingdom that's swarming with wild beasts,
    Lee Kwang Soo, I only have one target,

(Runaway - Bobby)
    "I have a habit of thinking mistakes are failures,
    I don't wanna fail so I keep stopping my efforts,
    Cuz I don't wanna get hurt, I avoid new encounters,
    It's better to cry alone, no need to be cautious, "

(The whole lyrics of Love Scenario and Goodbye Road)

Epik High

-Deep lyrics about life in most of their songs
    -Improve my English through the lyrics

monke and Rainbow_unicorn like this.
  18. Minyoongimin

Minyoongimin Super Rookie

Currency:
    Shinee's Manager
    Super Junior
    Even if it seems like the end of something, it will always work out

SHINee
    They taught me everything. Never give up

19. Rainbow_unicorn

Currency:
    That is the most memorable and relatable for me. Everytime I get sick of my boss or my job, I remember this and keep going. Hardwork never betray you.

Another hanbin that I admire. Be like water. iKON has faced the low era (and he knows and acknowledge it), where everyone calling them flop and not even 1 good article about them. But they back again stronger. Again, hardwork never betray you.

monke and ZYC like this.
  20. OHNANAIDONTRECAl

OHNANAIDONTRECAl Super Rookie

Currency:
    Kpop idols in general taught me that I need to exercise......

essence-of-love and jimeous like this.