Got7 and their popularity

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by SHINee0408, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SHINee0408

SHINee0408 Trainee

Currency:
    I have always wondered why people don’t include Got7 in the top 3 boy groups.

Like I have been reading a lot of things on Twitter and on this forum and like I don’t ever/rarely see Got7 in the top 3 boy group when people rate them and such.

For example a lot of people were wondering who’s gonna be taking the 3rd spot because wanna one disbanded and a lot of people said Seventeen but barely anyone said Got7.

Just wanna know is Got7 more popular internationally or domestically?

No hate to Got7 and their fans, just wanna know what’s up

In2ManyFandoms and Gyeomie_Bear like this.
  2. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    Got7 is pretty popular internationally, but that's it. For a big3 bg they're doing average and Seventeen is doing better than them definitely.

Neurotic02, ExosChen and thebcarat like this.
  3. Ramasson

Ramasson Public Figure

Currency:
    Which popularity? dhfsfs A JOKE sorry

Got7 could have def entered the top 3 of the 3 gen boy groups when they came out with Just Right, but they didn't manage to hold up that hype. That is what I say as someone who is not a fan or stan, just a observer.
    Nowadays they are doin't not that good for a big three group. You cannot compare them at all to EXO or BTS and even Ikon, Seventeen or other groups like Wanna One are able to catch the spotlight faster and hold it for a longer time.

I think they are all cute, but they didn't stand out since 2015.

4. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    I feel like Seventeen is more popular in Korea (they sell a little better too), but GOT7 is more popular internationally.

So, I would say Seventeen is #3 and GOT7 a close #4 in terms of sales.

But as far as being well known, even BTOB (who don't sale nearly as well) are more well liked by the Korean public.

Neurotic02, ExosChen, MBBM and 2 others like this.
  5. annoyed

annoyed Idol

Currency:
    Bc between them and SVT, SVT is doing better in physicals and digitals
    To be a top 3 u gotta do good in both compared to other groups

Neurotic02 and Gyeomie_Bear like this.
  6. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    GOT7 sells better than iKON, but iKON is more well known in Korea.

Gyeomie_Bear, MBBM and ninesoshi like this.
  7. Ramasson

Ramasson Public Figure

Currency:
    I guess so, I am not sure about most of these numbers. Korea is the most important market, so if Got7 doesn't want album numbers to drop they need to focus on there.

(Also Ikon is an issue, we all know their "Just Right" was "Love Scenario" and it looks like they will not get that much success soon again as well xD)

keyboardwarrior7 likes this.
  8. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Even though GOT7 isn't well known in Korea, the majority of their sales still come from South Korea and Asia in general.

They sale best in Korea, China, and I believe Japan (possibly Thailand). So, I don't think they will ever be big in Korea, but they have a big enough fan base to continue to sell well.

Gyeomie_Bear likes this.
  9. Ramasson

Ramasson Public Figure

Currency:
    Not doubting that at all. They are successfull. It is just kinda weird as someone who saw their succes in 2015 how much they disappeared from the spotlight. Wishing them all the best though.

10. itzy_bitzy

itzy_bitzy Super Rookie

Currency:
    how many albums svt and got7 sold so far?????

11. itzy_bitzy

itzy_bitzy Super Rookie

Currency:
    they actually sells much better now compared to before tho??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::whatr:their last comeback was their best selling album.....

12. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Well, they actually were never that big in 2015. I think that is a misconception of I-fans.

The reason their charting tanked after 2015 is because of the change in the charting system. And, GOT7 didn't actually start selling well until 2016/2017.

ionreallycare and Gyeomie_Bear like this.
  13. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    GOT7 has overall higher sales because they debuted first, but Seventeen sells like 40k more than them on average per album.

Edit: This is based on 2018. We don't have 2019 numbers yet.

ionreallycare and itzy_bitzy like this.
  14. MBBM

MBBM Rookie

Currency:
    I know that Seventeen is growing and their latest album has sold more than 400 thousand copies. But I don't see the growth in sales of GOT7 albums from 2017, sales of their latest album are insignificant, but lower than the previous one(
    I think this comeback will be indicative of GOT7.
    However, even on this forum, I have seen many times that GOT7 is ranked 3rd in popularity at the international level, so your statement is quite controversial)

15. Emidiva

Emidiva Newbie

Currency:
    No seventeen doesn’t sell better than got7, where did you all get your numbers from both groups sold 300k plus, so what are you talking about? And seventeen can’t even tour like got7 so where is the selling power?

16. Emidiva

Emidiva Newbie

Currency:
    How are they doing better than them ? Because the last time I checked they both sells more than 300k in physicals, got7 have more touring power, streams on YouTube and billboard, and almost the same digitals, so what is your criteria

17. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    This last seventeen album sold 478k so far, the 2 previous albums sold 412k and 375k (not counting the repack obviously), Got7 just reached 350k once and it was with a reissue, so seventeen is over them in physicals clearly and they keep growing while it seems got7 stopped already. The digitals Seventeen's are slighty better too, but i agree both are pretty weak anyway. Then in japan seventeen is bigger too it wouldn't surprise me they will get a platinum certification with their next japanese release. As i said got7 has international popurity, a little bigger than Seventeen (don't tell me about youtube views or billboard, they're completely irrelevant unless you can manage to get insane views or to chart for a while), but i see seventeen growing more right now, and i don't think that international popularity is enough to make any relevant impact. About the touring i recommend you to check seventeen's japanese tours, they're as big as got7's or more, and this all is with the huge advantage got7 has starting in the big3.

Neurotic02, ExosChen, MBBM and 3 others like this.
  18. Emidiva

Emidiva Newbie

Currency:
    I checked for their Japanese tours and it’s not bigger than got7s, so your explanation does not explain the fact that you said they are definitely doing better, because though got7 is doing a lot better internationally they are still almost the same in korea so I really can’t understand why it sounded like got7 have been in the same spot with out growth , when you don’t follow the group or know their numbers.

19. Juanlag

Juanlag Star

Currency:
    You were the one that said in this thread both were around 300k when seventeen sell almost 500k and you say this? XD
    Seventeen has a tour with 5 venues and 200k attendance, i'm not sure about got7's numbers because they're hard to find but those i found are lower and i'm almost sure they don't have a tour that averages a higher attendance, if they do, prove it ^^

Neurotic02, MBBM and minwoobubs like this.
  20. minwoobubs

minwoobubs Super Rookie

Currency:
    lol they’re definitely not ‘almost the same’ in korea...

Neurotic02 likes this.