Give me exam tips

Discussion in 'School Life' started by kpopfantototo, Oct 1, 2020.

1. kpopfantototo

kpopfantototo Married to @localkoreaboo

Currency:
    choi beomgyu’s #1 fangirl
    I only took 2 exams in my whole life
    1 for middle school entrance (but I didn’t need it cuz it’s only required in my country’s education system except I go to a French school so if I failed it it wouldn’t have changed anything cuz I already got into middle school when I took it since our reports were already out)
    And another for an extra class I’m taking and we had to take a test and only 24 would get accepted but it didn’t affect my grades in Andy way cuz it was just a test to get into an extra class.
    BUT as some of you probably know (no one knows), in less than 2 years I’m gonna take my high school entry exam and it’s an exam that DOES count
    If I fail: my mom’s gonna switch me schools and imma get in trouble and repeat a year
    If I pass without a mention super good: my mom is gonna be disappointed and I’m gonna have to stick with an old half broken iPhone 5
    If I pass with a super good mention: I get a new phone, I go to high school without repeating a year
    EXEPT I’m a big procrastinator so I am nearly unable to study without getting bored in 10 minutes and go on my iPad or lay on my bed or go walk around the house in deep though of stuff I like or singing while walking

kirstyyyy and lathia like this.
  2. lathia

lathia ∞ Shut up and go away ∞
    . Events Trainee

Currency:
    Professional Procrastinater
    Cheat
    - Study, don't try to memorize but instead learn the material.
    - Study groups, tend to help you focus- make sure you don't get distracted by your friends though.
    - Get help from sibling, or parents to help focus (study in front of your family)
    - Put away your electronics in another room
    - Figure out something that motivates you to learn (short term example: snacks) (long term example: your new phone)

3. dharmalicious

Currency:
    study in place with no distractions. maybe studying in intervals will help. for every 30 minutes you study you can take a break and do what ever for 10 minutes

kirstyyyy and kpopfantototo like this.
  4. icyruios

icyruios Icon

Currency:
    Be consistent throughout the year. If you find yourself frantically studying shit days before the exam then something is wrong. The few days before your exam should be a refresher on what you already should know. You should be internalising and understanding the material not memorizing them and if you find yourself hardcore memorising shit days before the exam, you are fucked.

kpopfantototo likes this.
  5. NemuriNezumi

NemuriNezumi Groovy Dormouse

Currency:
    University student
    I see no issues there really

Your only goal should be to not repeat a year really

6. obok

obok Rookie

Currency:
    Study in intervals. It's not possible to study 4 hours straight. Study for 25 minutes, take a 10 minute break, repeat.

7. NemuriNezumi

NemuriNezumi Groovy Dormouse

Currency:
    University student
    Before uni i used to study a couple of hours each day

During my first year at uni i just cramped everything a couple of nights before, the same night or a couple of hours right before depending on what (I actually did it in purpose)

I passed but certainly not exceptional grades (due to mostly covid in the second semester as not going to class really affected my motivation and going to class was like revising in a way)

Now (second year) I'm trying to study in advance (we barely started the second week) but I am already late with some stuff (not assignments yet) and we are plagued with technical issues