Girl Group Brand Reputation Rankings......... Wow

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by doubleOh7, Oct 12, 2019.

1. ninjaboy228

ninjaboy228 Rookie

Currency:
    jack of all trades , master of a few
    ? are you in an alternate reality? G idle and their performance trended far more and longer than omg in korea ( alot of it complaining about the placement). We are literally on a post talking about how high and how much they trended (brand name recog). lmao. The DELUSION.

#81 ninjaboy228, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Eye_Dull likes this.
  2. TooBlue99

TooBlue99 Newbie

Currency:
    Since international audiences watch the performances on YouTube as well, it's difficult to determine the percentage of viewers who watched are Korean viewers and which ones are not. And when considering that the contestants have a varying degree of popularity overseas, it can muddy data. There is something called the YouTube music chart that can be used to gauge the country demographic of Queendom participants. While there is no way to prove demographic results for a particular video (especially a Queendom related performance video), it's possible to know artists' general data. Here are stats from the last 28 days (aka most of the days from when Queendom began).

(OH MY GIRL)
    9.21m Korean plays / 12.1m total plays (76.12% of views are from Koreans)

(Lovelyz)
    2.64m Korean plays / 4.63 total plays (57.02% of views are from Koreans)

(AOA)
    4.9m Korean plays / 15.1 total plays (32.45% of views are from Koreans)

(Idle)
    5.35m Korean plays / 25.3m total (21.15% of views are from Koreans)

(Mamamoo)
    3.61m Korean plays / 24.1 total plays (14.98% of views are from Koreans)

This shows that despite equal opportunity on the program, the participants appeal to very different audiences. I'm actually a little shocked Mamamoo currently has a low proportion of Korean interest, it shows they have a significant amount of overseas fans as well.

I agree with you, it is true that most Koreans prefer YouTube overwhelmingly to Naver TV. My argument is that on Naver, it's safe to assume that all viewers are Korean, so the more viewed performances can be expected to be straight up more popular domestically. That was the only point that I was trying to make.

#82 TooBlue99, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    ninjaboy228 and Eye_Dull like this.
  3. Eye_Dull

Eye_Dull Public Figure

Currency:
    I don't really have an opinion or say in your guys discussion just wanted to say thanks for this link, I didn't know YT had somethign like this.

4. ninjaboy228

ninjaboy228 Rookie

Currency:
    jack of all trades , master of a few
    I m pretty shocked about mamamoo also! While they were always in the top 10 ( usually around 5) gg brand recognition chart, g idle was usually around 20th place. The fact they shot to no.1 is amazing and we are talking about in Korea...... Queendom has done wonders for them.

5. Ranart

Ranart Trainee

Currency:
    Long thread for Brand reputation ranking :eek: