Getting That Exposure

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by emanresu, Feb 16, 2018.

1. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:
    Getting That Exposure

VOX did a write-up on Kpop.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/culture/2018/2/16/16915672/what-is-kpop-history-explained

A little more negative than I'd say fair given the state of Western entertainment, but perhaps it is expected that one would be hyper critical of something getting newly found exposure.

If K-pop is all about sacrificing individuality in pursuit of the whole.

Then Western entertainment is all about selfish promotion of the individual, the rest be damned.

There are two sides to every coin, as they say.

Anyway.

There it is.

Still non-plused the world knows about my Tzuyu.

Alas.

;)

EazyC and Zaera like this.
  2. Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne Super Rookie

Currency:
    Is this an American written thing? Because it sounds like something that America would do. Introduce something that you should be interested in (and if you're not, get on the bandwagon!) and once they get your attention, let's bring out all the dirt to smack talk it.

So are they supporting Kpop or knocking it? I'm confused. lol "What a system! What visuals! They are SLAAAAAVES!!!" Do they want us to like it or not?

3. emanresu

emanresu Icon

Currency:

I gathered we're supposed to find the contradictions exciting. Or something.

Hell they're all slaves but God damnit if they don't look good!

SO WELL BEHAVED! AND SO POLISHED!

4. Mehrvigne

Mehrvigne Super Rookie

Currency:
    *broken caps key alert*

LOOK AT THIS WESTERN WORLD! THIS IS THE FILET MIGNON OF ENTERTAINMENT! (And, yes! That does mean killing the cow so you can eat. :p Everything has a down side to it.)

But you are so right. I got accused of being hypocritical. I hated the western boy bands, but yet I'll suck up anything Kpop boy band related. I hate girly-girl stuff but I love the girl group aesthetics. My friends called me out on this and my answer: "But they're so pretty."