Forecast for 2020: Big Hit’s crisis, SM’s new girl group, JYP’s consolidation, YG’s bet

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by certified_1, Jan 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. certified_1

certified_1 Leader

Currency:
    [Forecast for 2020] Big Hit’s crisis – SM’s new girl group – JYP’s consolidation – YG’s bet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Big Hit itself is in crisis. This is because BTS, Big Hit’s heart, will enlist this year. The problem is that no group can replace BTS.

[​IMG]
    Although TXT is gaining achievements on their own, they’ve not yet escaped the title of BTS’s junior.

[​IMG]
    SM to debut their new girl group in 2020. First member, group name, concept, etc. is still unknown, but SM trainees are always recognized for their ability and visuals.

[​IMG]

Girls’ Generation will focus on individual activities.

EXO also succeeded with their 6th album, and to hold concerts and focus on individual schedules abroad.

Red Velvet will expand their musical worldview after their success with ‘Psycho’. NCT also promotes domestic activities as well as overseas activities. SHINee adds their charm through individual activities. Super Junior plans to continue their success after their 9th album.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ITZY will explode in 2020. Stray Kids is expanding their popularity abroad. They will begin their world tour with eight cities in the US. GOT7 and TWICE will do well because they’re the top groups of K-Pop.

[​IMG]
    Although BACKPINK will make a comeback in early 2020, but it’s YG, who often breaks promises. Can’t expect WINNER’s activities because Kim Jin Woo will join the army. It’s hard for iKON to come back because of B.I’s departure, who was in charge of the album’s entire work.

[​IMG]
    Currently, BIGBANG is in crisis. If BIGBANG’s contract fails, there’s a risk that YG’s stock will drop again.

original post: naver

1. [+1506, -116] Are you Big Hit’s anti?ㅋㅋ Why are you writing so badly about Big Hit? I’m sorry, but Big Hit will make the most net profit this yearㅋㅋ There are still some idols born in 1991 who haven’t yet joined the army. Are you trying to send BTS to the army early? And TXT was successful, but you mentioned TXT as if they failed. So let’s compare the profits of agencies in 2019 and just the two groups, who made more money?

2. [+1018, -17] It’s New York Times Square but this reporter called it Yeongdeungpo Times Square, right..?

3. [+709, -83] Big Hit’s Crisis? EXO, they’re all in the army. Isn’t the crisis of SM?

4. [+591, -51] Did SM give you anything? The story is so interesting.

5. [+101, -2] Why are you writing so badly about Big Hit? AKMU Lee Soo Hyuk ..? He’s Lee Chan Hyuk;; but if you’re going to write an article, I recommend you look it up and write it. That’s enough for me to be a reporter..^^;;

6. [+72, -0] You’re the reporter who always shields for the big agencies. You’re the reporter who turned New York Times Square into Yeongdeungpo Times Squareㅋㅋ

7. [+69, -1] ㅋㅋㅋ Big management companies are going crazy because small and medium agencies are doing well? I’m so sorry for the reporters who are desperate to underestimate Big Hit and BTS and hide their records.

8. [+40, -0] I’ve never seen a reporter who uses Big Hit more negatively than YG beforeㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

SunnyLife, bogo-shipda and hughbee27 like this.
  2. YujaJinsoo

YujaJinsoo Married to @Multi_Smile

Currency:
    Eating
    3. [+709, -83] Big Hit’s Crisis? EXO, they’re all in the army. Isn’t the crisis of SM?
    well , is he dumb , they still have red velvet and will debut SMNGG .... and lets not forget taeyeon
    Bighit only has this 2 groups who really helps them and BTS will go to army , most of them are bighit stans and army's , so i expect some people to say this , but i kinda find it true
    but i also disagree it will be a crisis , i guess its jin who will enlist and they can promote as 6

Justherefordisc likes this.
  3. GDMultiFandom

GDMultiFandom Super Rookie

Currency:
    twiceland~ (Big Bang is BACK!!)
    this old man reporter again.. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

SunnyLife, misoni and certified_1 like this.
  4. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    I think it is very admirable how BTS had minimal solo activities up until this point despite their mass popularity and the fact they must be getting individual offers left and right.

It's cool how they focused on the group unit up until what may be Jin's enlistment pretty soon.

Especially in the last year or so.

Of course V had his drama and we had rapline solos, but they could have been doing SO much more individually. Instead, they utilized how powerful they are as a group to sweep awards season and become one of the biggest touring acts in the world.

Smart strategy Big Hit.

5. GDMultiFandom

GDMultiFandom Super Rookie

Currency:
    twiceland~ (Big Bang is BACK!!)
    as far as I know it's only jin who will enlist this year and that 6 members remaining BH can do some thinking on what to do.. also there's JJK1 and AGUSTD 2 coming -_-

bogo-shipda and YujaJinsoo like this.
  6. Gold_Fish64

Gold_Fish64 Trainee

Currency:
    Bts will make enough money for bh to survive the time they're gone

7. mashimaroluff0

Currency:
    they always talk about bts as if it goes from 100 to 0
    bts is just as capable of doing sub-unit, and solo work, and touring with partial numbers like any other group

8. Izzie2019

Izzie2019 Rookie

Currency:
    BigHit, needs to do more proactive TXT, they need to come up with something to ensure people that bighit isnt bts 's company but a company that produces sucessfull groups, TXT sells well, because of BTS, but they need at least one hit song. It would be a great move to consider a girl group, i know bighit isnt very keen on a girl group due to the past but it is time move on, fans would be excited for sure.

9. AyanEva

AyanEva Newbie

Currency:
    They have a gg coming in couple of years. I think they'll be under Source or something like that.

bogo-shipda, Izzie2019 and hughbee27 like this.
  10. ddonore

ddonore Rookie

Currency:
    You’re in for a treat, because a girl group is already in the works under Source Music (now owned by BigHit)! I think they’re supposed to debut in 2021.

bogo-shipda, Izzie2019 and hughbee27 like this.
  11. ddonore

ddonore Rookie

Currency:
    Thank you for saying this! There are a lot of solo stans in akp that are angry with BigHit at this strategy, because they think JK/Jimin/V should be doing more solo stuff and BigHit is preventing them from doing so. I can’t believe the amount of comments I’ve seen here from delulus that are convinced that BigHit is preventing JK from releasing his mixtape (as if that’s not JK’s own decision).

The truth is that BTS is stronger together than individually and BigHit’s strategy has paid off in a massive way. Now their increased popularity will help all the group members with any potential solo/sub-unit projects when enlistment begins. It also ensured that all the members got enormously popular, so now BigHit has 7 stars on its roster whereas other companies would’ve only focused on the most popular members.

12. keyboardwarrior7

Currency:
    Exactly.

BTS being so big as a group has only made Jimin, Jungkook, and V's individual star power bigger, and the ones who used to be considered the least popular are more popular than 95% of K-POP acts by themselves too.

In the end, it's only going to lead to more opportunities in the long run.

ddonore and misoni like this.
  13. myaza

myaza Celebrity

Currency:
    I wonder if these people are paid by article or they have a monthly salary for their mediaplay articles? This one seems uninspired, like it was churned out to fill some quota.

noctrum, Person24, hughbee27 and 2 others like this.
  14. bogo-shipda

bogo-shipda Public Figure

Currency:
    Measuring jin's Shoulder
    Bighit's crisis...o_O
    Lol...BT21 is outselling each group out there with their CF deals...
    BIGHIT will grow....
    With bt21
    TXT JAPANESE DOMINATION
    BTS SUBUNITS
    BHNGG(a girl group, who knows how to perform)
    G-FRIEND consistency

SunnyLife and hughbee27 like this.
  15. Jirachier

Jirachier Super Rookie

Currency:
    I'm tired of people always coming up with their own alternative reality and twisting facts to suit their agenda.
    Everyone just assumes BTS will enlist together when literally nobody besides BTS and the people close to them know the truth but yeah let's continue to pretend they've already announced their enlistment as a group so we can get rid of them.
    And Jin has a December Birthday, he might even be able to stay on for a few more months after that and enlist alongside Suga depending on what the law says but let's write an article that makes it sound as if BTS is gonna be gone in a couple months.
    World Tour already teased, we know an album is probably gonna drop in February with a potential April repackage but yeah, Big Hit is really struggling.

16. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Veteran

Currency:
    Astronaut
    Everyone will be fine
    No one will go down
    Stop being dramatic

17. Znewie71

Znewie71 Idol

Currency:
    I'm excited about nct activities. And if Big Bang will release anything this year! Or at least solo songs from them, can expect g dragon to really hit it big, theres alot of anticipation. Agree with SK and Itzy, I think SK will get more popular internationally especially in the US, and I think we will get a Itzy album.

18. mashimaroluff0

Currency:
    You talking about solo stans and manager Armys right?

Funny when you point out their flaw logics, they jump on you accusing you of being company stans. Solo projects, sub-units work for other group and company and their overall strategy. Being OT7 work for BTS and Bighit. Every group and company has different visions and different advantage plus weakness. Leveraging on one's advantage is the smart thing to do. Copying what others do without consideration for one's fault and strength is what we call sheep mentality.

BTS and Bighit not only has 7 stars, but with their strategy, they were able to reap the benefit of the synergy of the 7 of them. That means that the whole is bigger than the sum of its part, or compounding effect. The 7 of them can achieve more together than the sum of what each of them can achieve individually.

19. SunnyLife

SunnyLife Trendsetter

Currency:
    Why is everyone acting like TXT aren't bringing in almost 400k album sales in their first year with only a debut and one comeback?

ddonore and AyanEva like this.
  20. dispatchme

dispatchme Rookie

Currency:
    Can we copy paste this 10x so people finally get it?
    You would think that some people belive that after Jin goes to military other members will transform into cicadas and go underground for years to hibernate.
    Where this idea is coming from? Did they forgat that there is 7 of them and the age difference between oldest and youngest is 5 years?
    There will never be the time when everyone will be gone. There always will be at least 3 active members. And with BTS that's enough to stay on top.