NEW FORUMS OPEN HERE

[Fiction] BLACK days, PINK nights. Chapter 5: Not Today

Discussion in 'The Studio' started by salty-sugar, Apr 16, 2020.

1. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades

“Mr.Blink, what should I say to her? Cancel the meeting?” Secretary Way asked on a phone line.
    “No.”
    “Rosie said if you are not coming in 5 minutes, she won’t be waiting anymore.”
    “I am coming.”

HardcoreBLINK hung up, turned on phone’s flashlight and left the room. The corridor was so dark, two people could hardly see each other.

There isn’t any time to wait for Mr.Won to guide me to the office. If I miss Rose´s visit, I will lose the right to be called HardcoreBLINK forever, he thought and started at the timer “4 min 30 sec”, hoping to meet someone on the way.

Unfortunately, nobody was on this floor. So he tried to enter through a random cabinet., near which 20 teen girls were there.

“I’m sorry for interrupting. Could you point me to the CEO’s office?”
    “This is new YG chairman from America!” a Girl cried out.

It caused quite a stir.The girls instantly encircled HardcoreBLINK in a swarm of requests.

“I work hard. Put me in the new girl group please!”
    “Aren’t my breasts too big for a 14 year-old?”
    “Would you listen to my singing?”
    “Mr.Blink, please, touch my skin. Isn’t it soft enough for idol standards?” a girl took his hand, and put it on her thigh.

HardcoreBLINK jerked his hand away, and busted out of the crowd, yet the girls tried to surround him again. He tried to speak, but he could barely be heard over all the noise. Wanting to escape the commotion, HardcoreBLINK turned and ran out of the corridor, the crowd of girls racing after him.

[​IMG]

In all the panic he accidentally hurt his leg on the corner of furniture, pain racing through him. He somehow managed to reach a stairway, the girls breathing down his neck. The pursuit continued through YG corridors. Finally, he entered another stairway, bolted the door and barred it with a mop he found against the wall.

There wasn’t much time to catch his breath. HardcoreBLINK had noticed a little blood splattered on his leg. The girls were still on the opposite side, punching, and trying to beat the door down. He looked around, and then decided to make his way up the stairs. A little while later, he overheard the girls breaking down the door. He got off on the 6th floor and to his luck saw Mr.Won, who was talking to the security guards.

“Mr. Won, guards, block the doorway on this floor immediately,” HardcoreBLINK said with a perfect poker face and a calm, confident voice despite the adrenaline coursing through him.

The guards rushed to close the door.

“Mr.Blink, what happened? Your leg is wounded. Let me call paramedics.”
    “I’m alright, pay no attention to it. Could you tell me the way to my office?”
    “You’re almost there, sir. Right through this corridor.”
    “Thank you, Mr. Won. Please stop the zombies, I am late to an important meeting.”
    “Zombies?”

Both heard girlish noise from the stairway.

“Ah, you mean those trainees? What shall we do?”
    “Put them in our basement for the time being or they will sabotage my meeting.”
    “Clear, sir. It will be done right away.”

Mr. Won spoke to the guards who blocked the doorway. He took a small megaphone from one of them and started a speech:

“Dear trainees! Mr. HardcoreBLINK is busy now, but he will spend some time with you later. As an apology, he is treating you to free patbingsu dessert in our cafeteria! Please go to the basement”.

The crowd backed off, shouting “Patbingsu!”, “Our new CEO cares about us”. They ran down the stairs.

HardcoreBLINK finally went through the last dark corridor, and saw a figure sitting on the couch. Rosie was impatiently waiting for him. She was wearing a black t-shirt, jean shorts, and white sneakers. HardcoreBLINK pulled himself together, suppressed his fan-girly cries, and made his way to her. His walk was cocksure, though his leg still hurt.

“Greetings, Miss Rosie.”
    “Hello!” She instantly got up from the couch. “You should be the new CEO, Mister… ermm..”
    “HardcoreBLINK.”
    “Nice to meet you!” she smiled widely and put out her hand.

“Shall I answer her by shaking hand?” He felt kinda uncomfortable.

Suddenly Way, a secretary, noticed him.

“Mr.Blink, it’s good you already came. Ms. Rosé is tired waiting you!”
    “It’s not big deal, Way. I relished an opportunity to relax on the couch after training,” Rosé answered with a smile.
    “Rosé, accept my apologies. Follow in the office, please.”
    “Sure!”

HardcoreBLINK invited her in CEO office, closed the door and sat in the armchair. Rose´ took a seat on a couch.

“You want to talk about Blackpink’s comeback, right?”
    ” … ”
    “I gathered a meeting just recently. Management was given a task from me: to prepare a comeback plan urgently. The man who offered to postpone it, turned out to be a JYP spy. I fired him. Tomorrow they should put main drafts on this table.”
    “Oh, this is so cool you paid attention to us at the first day! Our Blinks are waiting for new music. I’m looking forward to it. But, honestly, I came here for another topic.”
    “I’m all ears.”
    “It’s good you don’t avoid to talk with me like Mr. Yang Hyun-suk did. Mr.Hardcore, I want solo debut.”
    “Solo debut?”
    “Yes. YG unjustified to me. They gave Jennie her “so-lo-lo-lo”, music video, promotion meanwhile I received nothing. Am I worse than her?”
    “No, Rosé. You are a gem.”
    “Hee-hee, thanks!”
    “Did Mr.Yang planned your solo?”
    “I don’t know. He did not deny it, but I can’t catch him because he always finds a reason to be busy.”

“Whenever I requested to talk about my debut, he answered “Not Today” and began to sing “Not-not today. Not-not today” while doing mincing around. It was really annoying.”

Her face looked like she was holding a grudge.

[​IMG]

Obviously, Hyun-suk did not want her solo debut. Why? I need to know a reason, HardcoreBLINK thought.

“Rosie, what kind of music do you want?”
    “I dream about an acoustic album with touching ballads sang under my guitar arrangement. I already have composed 12 songs.”
    “Only guitar?”
    “Yes! Except one song for piano.”

She got up and started walking around.

“Imagine you are sitting somewhere in mountains near a campfire, looking at stars and playing songs about love. Simple music with deep feelings…”

With these words Rosé looked at the window wistfully. At this moment HardcoreBLINK tried do not stare at her ass dressed in tight shorts.

Ouch. This will turn into a flop for sure, he thought. Blackpink’s discography is written by the genius producer Teddy Park. Blinks wait for new bangers, none of the Australian country ballads or stuff like that. There could be risky to release a bunch of Rosie’s acoustic songs before a group’s comeback. It can ruin it all, especially in a time when YG financially does not fit well… surely, I must deny her solo now and concentrate on all YG resources on the group’s comeback.

Rosie still stared through the window and continued talking about her future album. Nonetheless of logical thinking, one question stuck in HardcoreBLINK’s head:

How do I say in the eye of my bias that I must deny her solo debut!?

Author: @salty-sugar
    Logo: @Mxxdbyyy
    Protagonist: @HardcoreBLINK
    "BLACK days, PINK nights" editors team:
    Lisaaaaa
    miyukis0404
    sunshinetea
    babdit
    HeyItsDary
    btsfangirl20091
    phatcontroller

Official HardcoreBLINK Fandom Thread

#1 salty-sugar, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  2. Mecsdeboy

Mecsdeboy ; )

Currency:
  3. alexS

alexS Once Cult Co-Leader

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    Holy shit, this gets better and better...but the decisions...that's hard

4. zanded

zanded Public Figure

Currency:
    A couple of questionable bits but outside of those this was a fun read, thanks :D

HardcoreBLINK daepyonim will lead YG into a golden age.

5. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru
    for me that picture with the hand on the leg was creepy af but eh...literary freedom

6. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades
    what do you mean questionable bits? Write me in DM.

hm... do you think better to delete it?

Thanks! I have a dream to make manga from it!

not today

nebula351, insidersm, 420-kg and 3 others like this.
  7. Tae_Tae_lt3

Tae_Tae_lt3 ☆ World’s Best Boss ☆

Currency:
    wtf did i just read :angryr:

8. alexS

Currency:
    Grandpa Aru

9. zanded

zanded Public Figure

Currency:

Nothing terrible, had a few flabbergasted moments as I was reading about everyday endeavors and outta nowhere I get hit with these:

''Aren't my breasts too big for 14 year-old?''
    ''Mr.Blink, please, touch my skin. Is it soft enough for idol standard? - girl takes his hand and put it on her thigh.''
    ''HardcoreBLINK tried do not stare at her ass in shorts at this moment.''

Those definitely took me by surprise :eek:

10. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades
    Ah )))) this is a) fan service and b) method to show how obsessed they are ))

nebula351 and zanded like this.
  11. Tae_Tae_lt3

Tae_Tae_lt3 ☆ World’s Best Boss ☆

Currency:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAHA
    [​IMG]

12. 420-kg

420-kg Celebrity

Currency:
    Oooft what a tough decision - poor Rose!

13. insidersm

insidersm Sugar Daddy

Currency:
  14. HardcoreBLINK Married to @Closer

Currency:
    lmaooo rosie gets whatever she wants but yes that music won't sell very well lol...

nebula351, zanded and salty-sugar like this.
  15. suytsuyt

suytsuyt Trendsetter

Currency:
    Ew. Your mind became dirty.
    Expected more drama but HB seemed to be too calm with Rose

16. salty-sugar

salty-sugar CUBE Insider

Currency:
    Nevie with Blades
    It's all complicated but don't underestimate yourself.

From the time I am here on forum there was not a case when HardcoreBLINK was flipped out. In fiction he lost a balance after a first meet being shocked to see BP irl. It was only one time but after that he restored steadfastness. I try to accent on this trait - his public confidence in every chapter. Of course, HardcoreBLINK was over-worried inside when met Rosie. However, he didn't worried in public. That confidence is an important part of his character in fiction.

nebula351, HardcoreBLINK and suytsuyt like this.