Want to join in on the discussion? It's easy to sign up!

Welcome to our community

Fandom that fight themselves

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by TrollORBETrolled, Oct 21, 2017.

1. TrollORBETrolled

There was the famous exol vs exol fanwar back in the day
    And elf's fought each other about a member being included in super juniors comeback

Most recently
    Army's are fighting each other over whether BTS should get all the awards or not

These are the most recent tweets
    But it has been going on since before mama votings started
    Multifandoms vs solo stans
    This YouTuber who claims to be a huge army is even losing solo Stan subscribers because he voted exo power for best MV instead of spring day

Who are the other fandoms which fight each other?

Discuss:siptear:

2. Daduda

Daduda Star

Before debut, fans of Kard were fighting which of the girls was better and that without the other one the group would be better q.q

3. cozychaelin

cozychaelin Artist

Blinks.
    Never scroll through YouTube comments. If one member have like 4 comments less about her than another member, Blinks start to call out other Blinks why they hate this member or why they just mentioned one member in their comment.

Example:
    "Lisa slayed in this performance"
    -> "omg you ugly lil bitch why you only stan Lisa like gtfo I hate you so much. you must support them all like just die pls omg. they all slayed okay. everyone just loves lisa like omg??!?!?!!!!?"

4. Haeryn

Haeryn Tell me to get out if I'm here until monday ∼
    Staff Member

The BAP fandom is a mess with internal fighting from time to time whenever a big announcement is made concerning the group. Last time was probably when their world tour was announced and fans were fighting each other to know whether or not to boycott it, what to do and not to do.

eigb10 likes this.
  5. b9ee7

b9ee7 Artist

LMAOOOOO KPOP IS SO FUNNY ISTG

_CLeO and cozychaelin like this.
  6. reveluvs

reveluvs Artist

@ dnasoty snapped....

7. Lulu_Key

Lulu_Key Legend

Fandoms with a lot of akagae fans tend to get into a lot of fights.

ypmonce likes this.
  8. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Artist

You can't have fandom that fight themselves with out Super Juniors fandom.

9. trafalgardzoro

omg i cant help but giggling while reading the op.
    internal fight in kpop fandom is very common.
    especially if you are a twitter stan. toxic stans are everywhere there.
    example that i can list (i dont stan every single kpop groups so idk about others)

ELF had been fighting with each other since ... 2006? i was not a kpop stan yet, but from what i heard and read, they had OT12 strike when Kyuhyun joined the group. and it becomes very severe when SJ-M debut. OT13 stans hate Zhoumi and Henry to the core. after Hangeng's lawsuit, lots of c-elf left the fandom. and now Sungmin's marriage, few stupid fans want the group to kick him out of the group. tsk.

CASSIE's internal war was very severe during 2009. yeah, after the lawsuit. it makes me sad to see the fandom split into two just like that.
    Thanks SM.

BABY's one is not that severe, but it always related to the company. when ts announced their world tour, half of the fandom boycott the tour. i can see fight everywhere especially on twitter. some 'rightful' fans fighting with the other 'rightful' fans. yeah, everyone is right.
    Thanks TS.

#9 trafalgardzoro, Oct 21, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  10. KpopFanIGuess

KpopFanIGuess Artist

Blinks. The Blink fandom consists of 50% Lisa stans and everyone's arguing over whose the best

11. _CLeO

_CLeO Star

Urgh delusional brats:rolleyes:

12. sirsans

sirsans Artist

Reveluv:
    SeulRene vs WenSeul shipper.
    [JoyRi shipper laughs in hidden]

gay6 and seasoning like this.
  13. truechoi

truechoi Artist

Blinks.

I've literally seen people telling fans to stan the OT4.

Let that sink in.

Telling fans.

inverity and the_suddenlykfan like this.
  14. the_suddenlykfan

This...
    BP's akgaes are so inmature...:oops:

cozychaelin likes this.
  15. the_suddenlykfan

for BJs, Minzy's departure really broke our fandom...

cozychaelin likes this.
  16. Cyddc

Cyddc Super Rookie

oh hey I'm following that youtuber...

yeah, I'm new to kpop in general but ARMY is divided into many categories (like most big fandoms are). Fights usually occur when a youtuber doesn't show as much appreciation as they should've for a member of the group... also, there are frequent fights between the more "open" side and the fanatically "loyal to only BTS" side. So some people are fans of groups outside of BTS and when BTS perform with another artist they might say that they enjoyed the other artist more and a fanatic ARMY will be angry because they did not say BTS was the best and war will break out. OR if, usually a younger fan, goes and declare a member as "hers". This will invoke a series of comments telling her that the members either "don't belong to anyone" or "belong to everyone" idk.

Anyway, the fandom is a mess now and when I read comments from "back in the days when they first debuted and the fandom was small but supportive" I miss the old days (even though I just got into BTS 2 months ago).

I think what I hate the most about inner fandom wars is when fans are dissing a specific member and telling them they're fat, they're terrible, they're dragging the group down, and they should leave the group. It's really heartbreaking when that happens and I understand why fights might break out over those comments.

17. pinklove26

pinklove26 Rookie

This, a perfect example: Wanna one fandom.

18. BlackBlossomCYT

LOONATIC...

We fought for the 2nd unit's name, either it's LOONA 1/4 or LOONA 2/3 (I was on LOONA 1/4 side). Apparently, they are currently ODD EYE CIRCLE so this internal fanwar (kinda) ended.

19. Lilac_Ace

Lilac_Ace Artist

Cassies internal war during lawsuits. It was so severe that I cut off myself from the fandom and supported the members from the sideline.

20. SunnySun

SunnySun Entertainer

You can't have a thread about internal fandom wars and leaving out Wanna One, i mean one of the members's fanbase (Daniel) wants to sue the company because they believe that he wasn't the "center" enough (like i never saw this before and i been a fan to a lot of groups with a big akgae level), the fandoms are fighting even if one member sold more than others only 1 poster and i'm a fan of Bts and Exo but even their internal fights aren't anywhere close to Wanna One, let's not speak that if you say your bias got a little less lines, most of "supposedly group fans" jump at your throat that you got to support the whole group, their fandom is toxic from inside. I mean i expected to be bad but not at this level, Daniel fans are pretty aggressive overall, Jihoon fans too but to a lesser extent that god bless you if you don't find their bias kings and gods.

lol but that army is right, you have your whole life outside kpop, you don't need to vote 24/7 to be considered army (or exols, blink, once etc)

#20 SunnySun, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017