Fan Bingbing in Jail!!

Discussion in 'Celebrity Gossip' started by the_suddenlykfan, Sep 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. the_suddenlykfan

the_suddenlykfan Trendsetter

Currency:
    It's not only tax evasion, she's been investigated for bank fraud (she was charged for it too) and possible money laundering. It may sound exaggerated a death sentence for tax evasion but I'm not sure about the other things. Some people has been executed for corruption before so, it's not as improbable as one could think, again, it's the Chinese gov. we're talking here.

Queen likes this.
  2. acchan48

acchan48 Trainee

Currency:
    Oh god no, I hope (for her own good) that she "only" gets lifelong ban from acting or something like a huge fine, basically something that won't hurt her physically. Prison isn't a good option either

the_suddenlykfan likes this.
  3. ditzybi

ditzybi Rookie

Currency:
    Promoting EXID
    I was reading articles and this is sketchy af. The government took three months to confirm it? People are saying she’s going to get an acting ban and that the tax evasion charges could be a cover for her doing a movie China doesn’t approve of. I feel terrible for her.

4. Vikizu

Vikizu Trainee

Currency:
    yeah something is def weird. Especially if we are considering how long it took for them to get an official statement out there and how many different stories have been circling around the web. I feel like she did something to piss off the government and now has to pay for it. It's honestly a shame, she's a pretty decent actress

Yabie and the_suddenlykfan like this.
  5. Noemi

Noemi Guest

I am sure she is aware of how serious tax evasion is. Why would she take the chance? I don't understand such irrational choices.

I wonder if he will be affected. He is a part of Next or NEX7, however it is spelled, his actual group. He has been active this past three months. NEX7 just had a fan meeting this past week and he was present there. It's interesting.

#25 Noemi, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2018
    the_suddenlykfan and Yabie like this.
  6. venice_bitch

venice_bitch Newbie

Currency:
    infires, man
    She's probably charged for all three. Bank fraud, money laundering, and tax evasion are related. She was evading tax by signing "fake contract" (therefore bank fraud), basically she gets paid more than what's written on the contract. Then she'd either need to hide the money or lie about where the money came from... it's money laundering.

the_suddenlykfan likes this.
  7. PopPunkIsNotDead

Currency:
    This sounds fishy from the beginning...

8. RoAnon9935

RoAnon9935 Married to @Vipmultifandom10

Currency:
  9. chyu

chyu Newbie

Currency:
    death sentence seems ridiculous for tax evasion but she does deserve to be in jail.

10. SusanLiu

SusanLiu Rookie

Currency:
    Well she did apologies… I think she's trying to stay out of the spotlight because of this controversy.

11. bibi87

bibi87 ⋰ ➴ ☼ Phoenix ☼ ➶ ⋱

Currency:
    What's up with her?
    :whatr:

Haolat likes this.
  12. StarFruitie

StarFruitie Trainee

Currency:
    Army★Once
    So what happened to her now? Anyone know? :whatr:

Haolat likes this.
  13. redsatin

redsatin Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    Come on !!! I thought BingBing was one of the good ones.
    Tax evasion?? Girl you are SO rich... Just shows greed. So sad to see.
    :annoyedk:

14. redsatin

redsatin Newbie

Currency:
    Student
    Omg I loveeee your signature.

15. Rainsbaby

Rainsbaby Newbie

Currency:

BASICALLY these celebs hire their own tax consultants, wealth advisors, etc...the celebs are doing so much that these people they hire should have done their job of which they were hired to do....Celebs can;t do everything on their own...That is why they also hire personal assistants, PR, tax consultants, stylists, etc...

so whoever was in charge of paying her taxes should be held accountable too alongside her....I am sure she wouldn;t know what to deduct and add to her INcome Tax Report if she were doing her own taxes....what to claim, not claim ....etc...

Queen likes this.
  16. Queen

Queen A-List

Currency:
    Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    That's true! Also, since it's been a while a lot more has come out on the whole situation and I read an article that was pretty enlightening where it talked about how she was becoming a threat to the government because she was so popular, well loved and a woman. It was pretty interesting to see the explanation of why she was singled out (not saying what she did was right) and/or set up

Rainsbaby likes this.
  17. Rainsbaby

Rainsbaby Newbie

Currency:
    @Queen ..really?? a threat to the government because she is a woman??? wth?? The government should be proud of her because she is representing their country/people here in america/Hollywood....thanks for this information...

I seriously hope they do look into this with her staff and the one who is in charge of paying her taxes....all of this can't and should not fall onto her no matter what...

Queen likes this.
  18. Queen

Queen A-List

Currency:
    Jihyo's gf & pro Chen stan
    Yeah the article explained it better than me but the gist was that she threatened the patriarchal culture that the government wants to keep as the status quo. She's expressed in the past her independence because she works and earns money for herself. Also, because she was becoming more beloved and popular than the president that really put her on their bad side.

I agree with your sentiments. From what i've learned the government wants to keep the president as an imposing and powerful figure so anything that takes from his popularity or their ideologies they put an end to.

Same. I know one thing I read is she was caught doing with a contract that kept hidden extra benefits/pay she was receiving where it didn't get taxed. But apparently those contracts are very common she was hit with all this because a reporter got a hold of hers and exposed her.