EXO-Ls PETITION AGAINST SM. Were Kris, Tao and Luhan actually mistreated?THE BACKSTORY BEHIND IT ALL

Discussion in 'K-POP' started by honeykisses, Mar 10, 2019.

1. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    Have you considered the fact that Fx and SNSD are not even promoting anymore? They're inactive so they don't really need to maintain an incredibly low weight.

RoAnon9935 likes this.
  2. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Personally, I think starving is mainly for trainees but once they debut, they earn Money and can afford personal trainers or nutritionists. If that was the case, idols like most Exo members (Lay, Kai, Sehun, Xiumin, Baekhyun and Suho) wouldn't have such perfect bodies. It's expensive to feed and manage such bodies.

I think rookies suffer too because they have to fit in among already known celebrities.

maruif likes this.
  3. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    Have you ever considered the fact that they haven't been eating properly ever since their trainee days? Lol
    Do you think that SM will debut someone who in their opinion isn't "slim enough"? They maintain their weight but whether that's their natural body state or not it's debatable. If you see pictures of idols predebut (before becoming trainees) you'll see that 95% were never that thin even if they were significantly skinny.

L_catzzz and maruif like this.
  4. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Fx and Snsd all have individual schedules where they still have to look so beautiful to still make a living.

Taeyeon works out more for her solo work than she ever did with Snsd.

Yoona and Sooyoung both gained weight but still have to look beautiful as actresses etc

Krystal too has to maintain that body for her solo career.

One thing you should understand is that in most cases, idols lose weight because of fatigue from busy schedules, Yoona and Sooyoung both said that early in their careers, they tried to gain weight but couldn't.

It's not always the agency's fault, sometimes it's because of demand for the idols.

5. L_catzzz

L_catzzz Elite

Currency:
    It's called willful ignorance. Because it involve the whole industry. And the industry did this is also because to fit those fans fantasies that idols are perfect and slim and good looking. Fans themselves are probably the first ones that going to attack their own idols saying they were too fat, they should watch what they eat bla bla bla when they started to gain even a little weight, like what happen with Kyla and even Wendy (during her early days).

sonemariam likes this.
  6. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    The EXO members' bodies right now look alright because they have more muscle mass on, which suggests that they're probably healthier, yes. But how many years have passed since they first debuted? It's been 7 years now. Most members trained a very long period of time (Kai and Suho became trainees in 2006) so for most of them it's 13 years of being active (training or performing).
    So you're suggesting that it's okay to not eat healthily or basicaly starve for ca. 10 years in a row? I really don't see how that's any better. When EXO debuted they were one of the BGs with the thinnest arms. They looked super unhealthy and it wasn't until around 2016-2017 that they all started looking better.

7. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    Very true.

All idols go through shit, all Exo members went through shit but Tao, Luhan and Kris decided to do WHAT they did which I understand but it doesn't mean that the rest didn't suffer too.

Istanhyejeong likes this.
  8. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    In my post, I said that trainees and rookies suffer a lot especially because they can't afford to live healthy lives, I don't know what you are saying!!!

I never said that it's ok for anyone to be unhealthy?!!!

9. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    They do count because they promote as soloists, all members are still very active.

Unless you are talking about those that left the celebrity world for sometime to get married and give birth to babies.

10. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    This is a literal case of a fan supporting idols' unhealthy habits which are influenced by their companies.
    Firstly, what you obviously do not understand that as a group, they strive to all be equally skinny. When a single member is extremely thin naturally or loses a lot of weight - their groupmates are automatically forced to lose more weight too (even though they all are usually underweight already), not vice versa, because it won't look good visually. That's also why companies have a height preference too - they don't want anyone in a group to stand out, regardless whether it's their weight or height. Some members may look scarily thin individually, but when standing next to their groupmates they could happen to look heavier than them and that is very often the case.
    Actresses have to be very thin, yes, but their stage clothing (if they're k-pop idols too) are way more revealing ot excentuate their body much more, so if an actress looks very thin - chances are that most of them will look rather normal (or even sometimes chubby) compared to active performing K-POP idols on stage if you make them wear the same clothes and put them next to each other.
    Also do you really think that idols will go up somewhere and say out loud "the agency starves us, i'm exhausted!"???
    That will lead them to so much trouble that the company could kick them out. Believing every idol saying "we lost weight from busy schedules" or "i tried to put up weight but i cannot" is the same thing as believing every model saying "i love burgers and chocolate!!!! that's what i eat all the time!!!!"
    Of course, in some cases it's true, but more than 99% of the time it isn't. I don't know how delusional one could be to blindly believe everything that comes out of the mouth of someone, whose every action is controlled by a company (even what they eat, when they should use their phones, when they could go out AKA never). It's widely know that idols receive public manner classes and acting classes for behavior in interviews exactly that they don't let anything slip. Watch this video if you refuse to believe it.

11. honeykisses

honeykisses Rookie

Currency:
    I said it's not true that after debut they get healthy. It's been 10-13 years after they were able finally able to become somewhat "healthy" thanks to personal trainers/dietitians (although it's almost sure that some of them still aren't 100% healthy)

12. Istanhyejeong

Istanhyejeong Public Figure

Currency:
    Stanning Wendy
    Sorry but I do think that it's an exageration to get out of the contract. Not to mention, Tao actually got a break before he actually sued SM.

Yes, it isn't right even though a lot of companies do it. But the contract they signed probably also stated that. Idols work 24/7 even if they are on break. It's no excuse, but I think they should have known what they've signed up for.

sonemariam likes this.
  13. sonemariam

sonemariam A-List

Currency:
    Idol
    The more they promote, the unhealthier they become, when they slow down, they get time to take care of themselves.